Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

You know, all of these ideas that you've all been throwing around, like reviving F-Zero and Star Fox and coming up with a new IP, and all of that stuff? Those are all really cool ideas, and I would love to see them happen on the Wii U, but I've been putting some thought into this new Mario game, which is apparently based on the tech demo and is therefore pretty much confirmed to be a New Super Mario Bros., and it's occured to me that this may very well be the best game for them to be making right now.

To put it simply, AT THIS EXACT MOMENT, Nintendo only needs one thing, and that is a substantial launch title, because the fact of the matter is that while there will always be people who will buy Nintendo's consoles at launch no matter what, the vast majority of people aren't going to buy a new video game console if there's nothing actually worth a damn to play on it.

And New Super Mario Bros. is the quickest and easiest way to make sure they've got something worth a damn for people to play at launch. I mean, the tech demo proves they've already got a game engine to work with, some fresh level designs, and the Mii compatibility as a new feature. From there they just build a bunch more levels, come up with a new power-up or two, maaaybe up the graphical quality a notch or five, and maybe come up with something simple to extend the game's life span and they should be golden.

Will it push the console's limits? No.

Will it demonstrate everything the Wii U has to offer? No.

Will it look super amazing? Probably not.

Will it be very original? No.

But it doesn't need to be any of those things. It just needs to give the earliest adopters something to play while Nintendo works on other, more involved and complicated projects. Like a new F-Zero, or Star Fox, or a new IP, for example. Those things take time, and the 3DS should have proven to Nintendo that they can't afford to drag their feet on this.

• Thumbs Up 3

So... is everyone ignoring the link posted before, cause I'm interested in that news.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

Is it too much to ask to have another F-Zero or Star Fox and make Mario wait a year or two?

Why can't we just have all of them lol. GX was pretty fun, Ninty should hand the project over to SEGA again if you ask me. I too yearn for another Star Fox that isn't a remake or plain shitty (didn't like the DS game personally).

Nintendo has a pretty good standing in the world of video games, they've proven to make sales without Mario (or at least without Mario at launch), they can make it happen with the Wii U as well.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing another Metroid Prime Hunters. I loved the DS game, but the lag and sucky online made it a bitch to play. Locally, it was fine, but I feel there's a lot of potential for a Nintendo IP such as Metroid being the online FPS of the Wii U. Not to mention the other characters made it very innovative if you ask me

Can't wait to see what Nintendo's got in store for us at E3,

Possible Wii-U name change, finally get to see some Wii-U games, plus some 3DS games and features.

Can't wait to see what Nintendo's got in store for us at E3,

Possible Wii-U name change, finally get to see some Wii-U games, plus some 3DS games and features.

I heard the name is going to be the Nintendo U. or better yet just U

LOL. Seriously though, I think the Wii U is BALLS, I think Nintendo has really fallen off in their pursuit of trying to be different. But what's even more annoying than modern Nintendo are some of the diehard fans, it pisses me off how they obviously don't like what they see, yet they give money just because it's Nintendo and to spite Sony and Microsoft.

If I EVER get a Wii U, it will ONLY be because of exclusive Mario and Sonic games, and I ain't talkin' Olympics, I'm talkin' Galaxy 3, Smash Bros, ESPECIALLY Paper Mario, and heck maybe a good exclusive like Colors 2. I've grown a real distaste for Nintendo, all of their annoying motion control gimmicky "oh we just gotta show we're better than you innovation" has sort of began to piss me off.

WHAT THE FUCK?

THIS JUSTIFIES WHAT I JUST SAID IN THE SONG

http://operationrain...re-of-nintendo/

Ignoring the financial losses from Nintendo, they said this

Here is some of the new information gathered from the meeting:

The first point worth highlighting: Only six Nintendo titles were listed in the Top 20 best selling titles for the first three months of 2012 in the United States, whereas fifteen titles were there for Japan.

The second: There will be plenty of news to be heard concerning the WiiU at E3 2012, but unfortunately price and release details will not be announced in June.

what the fuck?

Nintendo, DO NOT ANNOUNCE YOUR CONSOLES WHEN THEY'RE NOT READY

It's been a year, and we still know little to almost nothing about the console. For fucks sake it's coming out in a few months, and we have no clue on the essentials to a console launch,

The Launch Games

The Console Features

The Price and Release Date

Jesus, what is the reason for them to not announce that at E3? Of all damn things, that and the games are what most people were looking forward too.

I was thinking of buying this at launch, but since it's becoming obvious not even Nintendo themselves know what the fuck they're doing with the Wii-U, I'll pass for a couple of months.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 3

LOL. Seriously though, I think the Wii U is BALLS, I think Nintendo has really fallen off in their pursuit of trying to be different. But what's even more annoying than modern Nintendo are some of the diehard fans, it pisses me off how they obviously don't like what they see, yet they give money just because it's Nintendo and to spite Sony and Microsoft.

Because it is no way possible that anyone could ever genuinely like anything Nintendo has put out in recent years.

EDIT:

stuff above me about no price at e3 and shit

They want to gauge public perception before they settle on a price, so they can have an idea of what people would be willing to pay for it.

Nobody get excited, that's how we got 249 US Dollars 3DS.

Edited by Chili Dawg

Mario, Mario, and more Mario. Come on, put out some other franchises already. DK hasn't seen a 3D game in over 10 years, and Metroid is just begging for another Prime styled game in HD, what about Star Fox? I hope this won't mean they're going like Sega is with Sonic. I definitely ain't buying this console at launch, but as long as I get my Zelda games, I will buy it eventually.

They want to gauge public perception before they settle on a price, so they can have an idea of what people would be willing to pay for it.

That's a really fucking dangerous game to play for a company who has in the past year had the rug pulled out from under them, because:

Remember how long that lasted?

They need to set a price as soon as possible and justify it to everyone. Not fucking whiff around seeing what they can get away with charging the people who would buy it and then dump the price on people's laps right before it comes out.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

Because it is no way possible that anyone could ever genuinely like anything Nintendo has put out in recent years.

EDIT:

I thought it was self explanatory that I wasn't talking about ALL of them, didn't think I would need to say it.

Besides cheaper production cost, it still baffles me to this day as to why Nintendo refuses to put an actual Ethernet/Lan slot on their damn consoles. I know you can use the USB to Lan converter (which I have) but that's a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

I wonder how involved they are going to have the 3DS with the Wii U this time around, seeing how the DS didn't really do much with the Wii besides a few selective titles such as Pokemon Battle Revolution. I seriously want another Four Swords, online and local at that.

Besides cheaper production cost, it still baffles me to this day as to why Nintendo refuses to put an actual Ethernet/Lan slot on their damn consoles. I know you can use the USB to Lan converter (which I have) but that's a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

I wonder how involved they are going to have the 3DS with the Wii U this time around, seeing how the DS didn't really do much with the Wii besides a few selective titles such as Pokemon Battle Revolution. I seriously want another Four Swords, online and local at that.

I don't care about the actual systems one bit or how they interact with eachother, I think they both suck donkey. I only care about Mario that's how Nintendo hooks you, with the core franchises.

what the fuck?

Nintendo, DO NOT ANNOUNCE YOUR CONSOLES WHEN THEY'RE NOT READY

It's been a year, and we still know little to almost nothing about the console. For fucks sake it's coming out in a few months, and we have no clue on the essentials to a console launch,

The Launch Games

The Console Features

The Price and Release Date

Jesus, what is the reason for them to not announce that at E3? Of all damn things, that and the games are what most people were looking forward too.

I was thinking of buying this at launch, but since it's becoming obvious not even Nintendo themselves know what the fuck they're doing with the Wii-U, I'll pass for a couple of months.

You do remember what happend prior to last year's E3 right? The Wii U rumors got so way out of hand that you could even tell that they slapped the Wii U presentation at last minute. ***Looks at Iwata's attempt to arouse the crowd with Smash Bros Wii U when not even Sakurai had started to even think about doing it let alone two different versions****. And its like what others have said they want to get the people excited for Wii U AND if they reveal the price at E3 ( which by the way, its probably gonna be a pretty penny) they would risk their stocks to plumit to the floor. So let see what happens.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's a really fucking dangerous game to play for a company who has in the past year had the rug pulled out from under them, because:

Remember how long that lasted?

They need to set a price as soon as possible and justify it to everyone. Not fucking whiff around seeing what they can get away with charging the people who would buy it and then dump the price on people's laps right before it comes out.

I ain't trying to say it's a good plan. I'd rather they just give us a set price at E3 too.

You do remember what happend prior to last year's E3 right? The Wii U rumors got so way out of hand that you could even tell that they slapped the Wii U presentation at last minute. ***Looks at Iwata's attempt to arouse the crowd with Smash Bros Wii U when not even Sakurai had started to even think about doing it let alone two different versions****. And its like what others have said they want to get the people excited for Wii U AND if they reveal the price at E3 ( which by the way, its probably gonna be a pretty penny) they would risk their stocks to plumit to the floor. So let see what happens.

Thing is though, Nintendo should have never revealed it last year. They could have stayed rumors if Nintendo didn't announce it till this year.

and Iwata already said he wants the price to be between $250-400, so how's it gonna drop? For being cheap for an 8th Gen console. Plus every time they announce a new console, their stocks drop, same with DS, Wii, 3DS, and last year with Wii-U.

Btw, people are already gonna get excited when they see the Smash Bros. teaser that pretty much going to be there

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, we get it.

I don't think you all do. I don't care.... I DON'T CARE >:.(

Thing is though, Nintendo should have never revealed it last year. They could have stayed rumors if Nintendo didn't announce it till this year.

and Iwata already said he wants the price to be between $250-400, so how's it gonna drop? For being cheap for an 8th Gen console. Plus every time they announce a new console, their stocks drop, same with DS, Wii, 3DS, and last year with Wii-U.

Btw, people are already gonna get excited when they see the Smash Bros. teaser that pretty much going to be there

400 Dollars?! Highway robbery!