Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

You do remember what happend prior to last year's E3 right? The Wii U rumors got so way out of hand that you could even tell that they slapped the Wii U presentation at last minute. ***Looks at Iwata's attempt to arouse the crowd with Smash Bros Wii U when not even Sakurai had started to even think about doing it let alone two different versions****. And its like what others have said they want to get the people excited for Wii U AND if they reveal the price at E3 ( which by the way, its probably gonna be a pretty penny) they would risk their stocks to plumit to the floor. So let see what happens.

Let's say they decide, based on reaction, that they could get away with charging $400 it. Because they didn't announce the price at E3 when everyone was looking, they have considerably less time and a lot less exposure to make the price known and make people think it is worth it in advance. Which leads to a repeat of the 3DS' disastrous launch, which, shitloads of money in the bank or not, Nintendo absolutely cannot risk when the system is going to be a mid-generation launch. It stumbles, and if it doesn't keep the momentum up, then MS and Sony will slaughter it like what happened to the DC.

Whereas if they announce the price early and pull out all the stops to make it known what the system can do and why it is worth the money they want for it, after the initial shock people will weigh the benefits and long term sales (as opposed to the people who would buy the system regardless just because Nintendo) will keep the system alive. That only blew up in Sony's face because they did an absolutely shitty job at it that it would have bombed even if the PS3 was only $300 when it came out, let alone double that like it was.

I don't think you all do. I don't care.... I DON'T CARE >:.(

You don't care, yet you keep posting in this thread saying how obviously terrible and shitty and awful and overpriced it will be despite knowing nothing about it.

But sure, you don't care.

Edited by Tornado

Mario, Mario, and more Mario. Come on, put out some other franchises already. DK hasn't seen a 3D game in over 10 years, and Metroid is just begging for another Prime styled game in HD, what about Star Fox? I hope this won't mean they're going like Sega is with Sonic. I definitely ain't buying this console at launch, but as long as I get my Zelda games, I will buy it eventually.

unless you don't count it as a true sequal?...

Edited by goku262002

Let's say they decide, based on reaction, that they could get away with charging $400 it. Because they didn't announce the price at E3 when everyone was looking, they have considerably less time and a lot less exposure to make the price known and make people think it is worth it in advance. Which leads to a repeat of the 3DS' disastrous launch, which, shitloads of money in the bank or not, Nintendo absolutely cannot risk when the system is going to be a mid-generation launch. It stumbles, and if it doesn't keep the momentum up, then MS and Sony will slaughter it like what happened to the DC.

Whereas if they announce the price early and pull out all the stops to make it known what the system can do and why it is worth the money they want for it, after the initial shock people will weigh the benefits and long term sales (as opposed to the people who would buy the system regardless just because Nintendo) will keep the system alive.

You don't care, yet you keep posting in this thread saying how obviously terrible and shitty and awful and overpriced it will be despite knowing nothing about it.

But sure, you don't care.

Oh come now, I NEVER said all that nor is that what I really think. If they didn't base the system off of a gimmick then I would be cool, but I mean, why not just a normal controller? They keep trying to appeal to casuals, and now they think because they're HD and able to port old Hardcore titles that they can win it all, I don't know it just kinda annoys me. Maybe the Wii U will grow on me, but seriously I'm not gonna go spouting a bunch of mindless hate and slander, it's nothing big, the system just doesn't suit my tastes. Edited by SuperJXJ

unless you don't count it as a true sequal?...

Man I love this game. But I think Prince Solaris meant a title akin to DK64.

He said 3D.

Techinally it is 3D but just 2D gameplay. So you mean more like DK 64? I know the game got high ratings but did it ever sell any good? maybe thats why we never saw a sequal.

Techinally it is 3D but just 2D gameplay. So you mean more like DK 64? I know the game got high ratings but did it ever sell any good? maybe thats why we never saw a sequal.

We never saw a sequel cuz Rare got the boot. No seriously who knows

Edited by Team Chaotix

Terrible/Shitty/Awful:

Overpriced:

And, again, fantastic job of showing how little you care. Most people who went out of their way to say how little they cared wouldn't keep entering a thread about the topic and bitching about it, but whatevs.

Do you feel good for doing that? You feel clever and awesome throwing that in my face?

I think the real enemy right here is the gosh dang quote feature, I knew I shoulda scrambled my previous posts, lolol. Okay, you got me, maybe I care a LITTLE, but I'm still not feeling the system, (but I guess you guys got that part by now). Jeez can we lighten up in here? Give me a break, I feel like people wanna break my neck, haha.

JXJ just stop.

Best advice I've heard in a while, peace out y'all! Oh and I spilled my public image all over the floor, someone do me a favor and clean it up.

We never saw a sequel cuz Rare got the boot. No seriously who knows

That may be why, after all by '99 when the game came out, RARE was just about dissolved and the good fragments were partnering up or going to other companys while the charred remains were bought by MS.

Still don't see why Nintendo just didn't push off the 64 series on another developer like they did with DKC4/Returns though.

Edited by goku262002

Jesus christ, XJ9... uh, I mean JXJ. How about you cut the crap and stop being up at people's faces over this? Your fanboyism is sickening, and your confrontational attitude moreso. Keep that shit out of here.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm not liking what Nintendo is doing here. It's ok if they don't want to say the release date yet but, they really need to settle on a price way in advance if they want to convince people that their product is worth the cash. I'm a sucker, so I'll probably buy it regardless of price. I want to doubt that they'd be dumb enough to pull a 3DS launch again but...

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not liking what Nintendo is doing here. It's ok if they don't want to say the release date yet but, they really need to settle on a price way in advance if they want to convince people that their product is worth the cash. I'm a sucker, so I'll probably buy it regardless of price. I want to doubt that they'd be dumb enough to pull a 3DS launch again but...

I don't plan on jumping on that bandwagon this time around like I did for the Wii seeing how it was a mediocre console at best with horrible online. After getting a 360 and ps3 I kind of regretted my purchase of the Wii. Only game I play on it is SSBB and that's on a rare occasion (would play it more if the online wasn't horrible). Not to mention the lack of games that interest me, not saying 1st party games aren't good, but I like my BF3, Lost Planet 2, almost every other fighting game and etc.

Not saying the Wii U will follow suit, but I can actually WAIT this time around to pick up another Nintendo Console. Waited for a 3DS and couldn't feel better seeing how $169.99 is much better than $250.

Edited by LunarEdge

So...this trailer here seems legit

EDIT: Forget this...already known :S

Edited by Vex

So it looks like digital distribution will extend beyond NSMB2:

In a statement to Joystiq today, Nintendo offered more insight into its plan to distribute new 3DS and Wii U games digitally in addition to retail. It won't just be select games likeNew Super Mario Bros. 2; according to the publisher, "The majority of Nintendo-published Nintendo 3DS games will have the same dual-distribution strategy. Likewise, the majority of Nintendo-published Wii U games will be available both as packaged products and as digital downloads starting on launch day."

The statement also describes the retail availability of codes for these digital games, which are described as "16-digit codes" for the "Nintendo eShop." So the Wii U's store is going to be called the eShop, just like the 3DS's, and use the same kind of codes. Between a unified store branding, availability of redeemable codes, and digital sales of full games, it looks like Nintendo is finally moving in the right direction in terms of the internet.

Now if it would only let you redeem those games to an account instead of a single 3DS. During last night's presentation, Satoru Iwata said that the new downloadable 3DS retail games "will be stored in the consumer's SD memory card and be playable only with the hardware to which it was downloaded so that, unlike how you can share the packaged software which are stored in game card format, the consumer cannot share the software with other Nintendo 3DS systems owned by other members of the family or friends." In other words, they'll operate just like eShop games operate now.

http://www.joystiq.c...e-sold-digital/

Neat. Though I'm still afraid that the digital games will still cost as much as the physical releases.

Edited by Ekaje

Bet your ass they will. And because it's Nintendo, they will never go down in price either.

And full retail releases locked to the hardware rather than an account system? Go screw yourself Nintendo.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bet your ass they will. And because it's Nintendo, they will never go down in price either.

And full retail releases locked to the hardware rather than an account system? Go screw yourself Nintendo.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 2

No, you didn't. Digital Titles are stupidly locked to the console but, retail games will be the same old thing as before.

Nintendo... Seriously? I grew up with you. I love you. But you're making me feel like I'm some abused spouse or something. Clean yourself up.

Didn't they say SD card? So couldn't you bring that over to another system if yours gets screwed over?

Nintendo... Seriously? I grew up with you. I love you. But you're making me feel like I'm some abused spouse or something. Clean yourself up.

Didn't they say SD card? So couldn't you bring that over to another system if yours gets screwed over?

But what if my console is stolen/breaks/Get a revision/brick'd/fucks up randomly and deletes all my games on the hardware?

What then?

Wii-U at launch? How about a NintendNO

Well, there is a way to transfer content from one system to another on the 3DS (though there is a limit on how many times you can transfer, and a cooldown time), and when my Wii broke down once and Nintendo replaced it when it was sent in, I was able to redownload my WiiWare/VC games. So, there probably will be a way to transfer games, but it will be needlessly more obtuse than just tying them to a Club Nintendo account or something.

Edited by Ekaje