Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Can you guys actually go through the information before criticizing Nintendo?

The prices for digital games will be up to the retailer. Nintendo gives them 100% ownership on what to do with them. Gamestop offering digital titles at a discount? Not a problem with Nintendo!

6971308714_2b597cdbd6_o.jpg

That's wonderful. Fantastic. Grand.

Now explain why we should expect Nintendo to lower the wholesale prices to something that will allow such sales and the like after an entire generation where they decided that they didn't want to bother doing that.

Jesus christ, XJ9... uh, I mean JXJ. How about you cut the crap and stop being up at people's faces over this? Your fanboyism is sickening, and your confrontational attitude moreso. Keep that shit out of here.

Edited by SuperJXJ

Can you guys actually go through the information before criticizing Nintendo?

The prices for digital games will be up to the retailer. Nintendo gives them 100% ownership on what to do with them. Gamestop offering digital titles at a discount? Not a problem with Nintendo!

Honestly though, the online price being more expensive than the physical copy is nothing new. I can go on Xbox Live or PSN right now and most of the games are listed much higher than what I can get them for at... let's say Best Buy or Target to name a couple. Sure the price may go down over time online, but most of the time the physical copy is still much, much cheaper. Gamestop doesn't really count because they have always been horrible with their prices (and service in general).

Do I think the prices for Nintendo's eshop will be cheaper? No. Have I ever considered buying a game from them online when a physical copy was readily available? No. It isn't any different for PSN or Xbox Live. The only service I ever buy games from digitally is Steam.

Seriously, they're all horrible with prices. So why are you surprised?

Rayman Legends looked fantastic on the Wii-U. And if it's a launch game for the Wii-U, Ninty just might get a sale from me if the Wii-U isn't too expensive. But otherwise, that was the first real game footage we saw for Wii-U.

Funny how Ubisoft gets me a little more excited for the Wii-U in one day then Nintendo has in the recent year.

One thing to mention though, the girl with the Wii-U tablet is doing her own stuff, while the others are playing with Wii-Remotes, though there's something connected to the Wii-U's tablet if you look closely. People believe this to either be because of the devkit, or the fact that you're going to have to charge the Wii-U controller somehow, so this is probably it.

Also good to see the touch screen isn't used for the usual "HUD/Map screen, and actually affects the game's environments."

P.S. Seeing only 1 Tablet, It worries me Nintendo still won't back away from their claim of only 1 Tablet per system, and the tablets won't be sold through stores (though we all know there are other methods)

Another thing is, 3 players are on the level only, while the girl is playing god with the tablet. Most likely optional, especially since the next scene shows the guy playing with the tablet competitively.

And the NFC feature looks cool. I'm guessing the figures/objects you put on the tablet/near it will need to have a chip inside to communicate and register with the Wii-U.

Well lookie here, we know more about the Wii-U and how it's used in games, then Nintendo has told us in the past year.

Ubisoft ftw.

Edited by Nintendoga

Rayman Legends looked fantastic on the Wii-U. And if it's a launch game for the Wii-U, Ninty just might get a sale from me if the Wii-U isn't too expensive. But otherwise, that was the first real game footage we saw for Wii-U.

Funny how Ubisoft gets me a little more excited for the Wii-U in one day then Nintendo has in the recent year.

One thing to mention though, the girl with the Wii-U tablet is doing her own stuff, while the others are playing with Wii-Remotes, though there's something connected to the Wii-U's tablet if you look closely. People believe this to either be because of the devkit, or the fact that you're going to have to charge the Wii-U controller somehow, so this is probably it.

Also good to see the touch screen isn't used for the usual "HUD/Map screen, and actually affects the game's environments."

P.S. Seeing only 1 Tablet, It worries me Nintendo still won't back away from their claim of only 1 Tablet per system, and the tablets won't be sold through stores (though we all know there are other methods)

Another thing is, 3 players are on the level only, while the girl is playing god with the tablet. Most likely optional, especially since the next scene shows the guy playing with the tablet competitively.

And the NFC feature looks cool. I'm guessing the figures/objects you put on the tablet/near it will need to have a chip inside to communicate and register with the Wii-U.

Well lookie here, we know more about the Wii-U and how it's used in games, then Nintendo has told us in the past year.

Ubisoft ftw.

That cable is just a tether to keep the controller attached to dev kits, all of them come like that (don't have to use batteries that way).

Who knows if that is the truth, but even from the video the cable looks detachable, so if anything it would probably be like the PS3 controllers that charge by connecting to the system.

Meanwhile at the

My favourite parts are when GAME decided to raise prices during a sale. And when people pointed out that the prices for their games were quite often £10-£20 more expensive than a few other places.

Tell me why we should believe the prices will be cheap when everything we know about shopping says the complete opposite?

Wow! A great example! A business that consumers really didn't like and eventually (almost) went out of business!

Nintendo seems quite serious about this, and this WAS at an investor's meeting. They really want to change their game and it looks like they will be going all out with it to earn the trust of the consumers. New online, better digital, stores having freeway, no set prices, etc. If stores don't sell the digital version for less, than it probably isn't Nintendo's fault. Blame the greedy store instead of Nintendo.

New online, better digital, stores having freeway, no set prices, etc. If stores don't sell the digital version for less, than it probably isn't Nintendo's fault. Blame the greedy store instead of Nintendo.

And Nintendo giving retailers that ability rather than just doing things like every other Digital Distribution system on the planet is... not Nintendo's fault?

Edited by Tornado

And Nintendo giving retailers that ability rather than just doing things like every other Digital Distribution system on the planet is... not Nintendo's fault?

Are you talking about price cuts/sales? Since there are no set prices anymore, I'm sure publishers such as SEGA can choose to have a sale on their games anytime they want.

Nintendo's games exclusively? I really don't know. With Nintendo's new attitude, I'm sure we'll get some price cuts and sales on their games eventually.

Edited by Autosaver

Miyamoto: Strong Possibility That We Will Introduce New Nintendo Characters Soon

http://www.guardian....me-forever-bad?

Nintendo will soon introduce some new characters to its lineup according to Shigeru Miyamoto. The revered games designer was questioned whether he has a yearning to create a new franchise and replied that while he doesn’t have a big list of ideas to work on, he has been musing some new ideas which will involve the introduction of new characters.

“I don’t have a big list of ideas I want to realise. I usually come up with new ideas while I am working on other games. That said, there’s a strong possibility we will introduce some new characters to the scene soon.”

rayman-legends-wii-u-features.jpg

Is this what that one source meant by the Wii-U's launch line-up being surprising?

All aboard the E3 hype train, chuggachuggachuggachuggachugga Woo-Wooh!

inb4newcharacterisBlackMario

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 4

I'm so ready to see some new characters man. I'd love to see Nintendo introduce another character that can stand proud among Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, etc.

Edited by Mykonos

Know what I hope?

I hope that they announce a Classic Gamecube controller soon. The Wii-U tablet looks good and all, but for hardcore games, I'm still a bit weary, especially for Smash Bros. I'll most likely get used to it, but I'd feel much better using a Classic GC controller to play with the GC downloads like Sunshine or Wind Waker.

P.S. Nintendo still hasn't confirmed GC downloads coming to Wii-U. It's obvious they are going to do it, but they're waiting for the right time as it seems.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it bad that I prefered the Wiimote + Nunchuk controls for Brawl?

Yes, you should be extremely ashamed of yourself for using that control scheme

...and not the Wii-mote alone option. That one is clearly the best option for any 7th generation game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Bet your ass they will. And because it's Nintendo, they will never go down in price either.

And full retail releases locked to the hardware rather than an account system? Go screw yourself Nintendo.

Tell me you're kidding...

Both my Wii and GAMECUBE (Yes my Gamecube) failed on me. I will lose everything once again. Thanks Nintendo...

Know what I hope?

I hope that they announce a Classic Gamecube controller soon. The Wii-U tablet looks good and all, but for hardcore games, I'm still a bit weary, especially for Smash Bros. I'll most likely get used to it, but I'd feel much better using a Classic GC controller to play with the GC downloads like Sunshine or Wind Waker.

P.S. Nintendo still hasn't confirmed GC downloads coming to Wii-U. It's obvious they are going to do it, but they're waiting for the right time as it seems.

guessing the Wii-U doesn't have any inputs for GC remotes/memory cards?

Know what I hope? I hope that they announce a Classic Gamecube controller soon. The Wii-U tablet looks good and all, but for hardcore games, I'm still a bit weary, especially for Smash Bros. I'll most likely get used to it, but I'd feel much better using a Classic GC controller to play with the GC downloads like Sunshine or Wind Waker. P.S. Nintendo still hasn't confirmed GC downloads coming to Wii-U. It's obvious they are going to do it, but they're waiting for the right time as it seems.

Since the WiiU will still use Wiimotes, I'd think it would be better to just use the classic controller, and try to make it more widely used, unlike how it was on the Wii. And in case the WiiU actually gets multiplats the other consoles get, it would be better for games like FPSes, since the GC controller has been criticized for not being optimal for some game genres.

But on the other hand, I'll have tons of trouble playing Smash with it since I've played with a GC controller for years.

Edited by Ekaje

I never like the wii much but THIS one has me all exited,im just worried it will have that used game security thing : /

am i alone on that one?

Yes, you should be extremely ashamed of yourself for using that control scheme

...and not the Wii-mote alone option. That one is clearly the best option for any 7th generation game.

The wii-mote alone option is my preferred option in Sonic Colors

Since the WiiU will still use Wiimotes, I'd think it would be better to just use the classic controller, and try to make it more widely used, unlike how it was on the Wii. And in case the WiiU actually gets multiplats the other consoles get, it would be better for games like FPSes, since the GC controller has been criticized for not being optimal for some game genres.

But on the other hand, I'll have tons of trouble playing Smash with it since I've played with a GC controller for years.

They should "remake" the GC remote to better fit the needs of today's competitive gaming world (FPS, Fighters, etc.) and try to keep the design relatively the same. I would like to imagine it was possible XD Such as a better analog, actual shoulder buttons instead of L, R and Z slightly in front of the R button. How about another Z button (Z2) in back of L and put the already existent Z button in back of the R button, not like the classic controller though (with the Z buttons aside the L and R's and not behind them). Better D-pad, kinda like the ps2/3's controller and the shoulder/trigger buttons follow suit.

Edited by LunarEdge

walmart-wii-u.jpg

Walmart leaks Wii U price? They were spot on with the Wii price long before we knew about it.