Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

The N64 controller was perfect for first person shooters.

But the Wii-U needs to have a smash hit like Wii Sports at launch.

But the Wii-U needs to have a smash hit like Wii Sports at launch.

They already registered Wii-U Sports, Wii-U Music, and Wii-UWare.

Nintendo never was popular with names.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought the original Wii Sports only sold as much as it did because it's always been sold as a pack-in with the Wii? (It was a pack-in for mine as well, which I got in 2010- black model.)

Edited by Inferno

Wii Sports was a pack-in everywhere but Japan. I'm actually curious to see what Nintendo does for the Wii-U, because they seem to have backed themselves into a corner in that regard.

It was perfect for Duke Nukem 3D-era FPS games. When I play Goldeneye today, it plays so much better with twin sticks that it isn't even funny.

• Thumbs Up 3

Battle/Chase Mii will be the pack in games except they'll be saved to the system like the stuff that came on the 3DS instead of being on a disc. It might even come with a couple more little games. Anyway that's my guess. I really don't think too many people would run out and buy Battle/Chase Mii on their own as a disc release.

Some updates mainly about Wii-U Developers, and some impressions from IGN.

Analysts from Panoptic Management Consultants have revealed that third-party developers "have already received final devkits", noting that "EA and other companies have a better idea about the support of multiple Wii U controllers than we do." We heard about various problems with the dev kits floating around six months ago, so hopefully all is well these days.

Darksiders 2 and Metro: Last Light are coming to the Wii U, but as revealed on a LinkedIn page, THQ has two other secret titles in development for the platform. One is an exclusive for the Wii U, while the other is a multi-platform title. Both are set to arrive in 2012.

Ubisoft may be working on what sounds like a card game for the Wii U. It's not completely clear, but the main reason this sounds like a perfectly plausible rumour is that Ubisoft has never shied away from having lots of games ready for the launch of new consoles.

Hopefully this card game is not one of their likely attempts at shovel-ware.

...the Wii U controller is light and easy to hold, and it was instantly apparent why Nintendo would stress this feature as opposed to putting a ton of emphasis on something like its HD capabilities. It was easy to use, and my mind quickly began thinking of different ways that it can be utilized to enhance gameplay.

You can click here to read the full preview, but the hardware sounds promising.

Pictures of the Wii-U in the spoiler tag.

wiiucontroller_1326415812-000.jpg?pictureId=12911153

zeldaremote_1326415831-000.jpg?pictureId=12911154

zeldaspider_1326415850-000.jpg?pictureId=12911155

and finally, a Zelda Wii-U Demo walkthrough from CES.

My fears of the controller being too big and uncomfortable are starting to wash away, seeing people holding the controller and using it with ease makes me excited.

Edited by Nintendoga

I think the Wii-U's size looks actually somewhat comfortable to hold, especially after many people have said how light it is. My REAL concern is having the sticks above the buttons. It may be fine, but idunno, it seems like it could potentially be a nuisance.

Just wanted to remind you guys about this

http://www.gamezone....e-says-nintendo

As rumors about the Nintendo Wii U price point continue to spread, its becoming evident that the newest console from Nintendo is not going to be cheap. Even the Nintendo's President Satoru Iwata admitted, "This thing is not going to be cheap." At the time he hinted it would be priced at more than 20,000 yen in Japan, or roughly $250 in the U.S.
Edited by Nintendoga

Just wanted to remind you guys about this

http://www.gamezone....e-says-nintendo

In fact, based on the latest details from Nintendo’s North America President Reggie Fils-Aime, if I had to choose between a price for the Wii U between $250 and $600, I'd say it's going to cost closer to $600.

The Wii-U is going to be for people with a higher income, so thost thinking it would be $300-400 might wanna start savin up. I'll but it near launch if it costs anything below $450. anything more, and it's gonna have to wait a year or two.

If Wii U cost anything more than $400, it better be as powerful as the X Box 720 or the PS4, along with original software. The Big N gotta realize that a lot of gamers are still in Recession-mode.

It's already been said by Miyamoto and Developers that the Wii-U is 50% more powerful then the PS3, maybe even more.

And yeah, Nintendo can't afford to make another 3DS Launch Fail. They need good price, good games, and good hardware. They already got one down, but we still need to see some Wii-U exclusives/price.

It's not going to cost 600 but, I pretty much expect it to be 350 to 400. That's not cheap but, it's not unreasonable.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Anymore than $350 and Nintendo is going to have to dramatically rethink some of the design ideas they have built into the system.

If its to cheap? The system was made cheap, then we probably would get a de powered Wii all over again. I think its time Nintendo over powers its system to be ready for the monster that is microsoft and sony's next system

After the 3DS launch, Nintendo might have to take a loss on the Wii-U. They cannot afford a bad launch.

This is make or break for Nintendo.

If they had a great lunch titles? I don't think the system price will really dedermin the fate. Just the games really is Nintendo's problem.

If they had a great lunch titles? I don't think the system price will really dedermin the fate. Just the games really is Nintendo's problem.

This. Nintendo needs a slew of great first/second-party and third-party games ready to be released, regardless launch day or within the launch window.

This. Nintendo needs a slew of great first/second-party and third-party games ready to be released, regardless launch day or within the launch window.

Hell fucking yes:

Batman Arkham City Developer Making Mature Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Game for Wii U?

Another day, another rumour, this time from the Paul Gale network who state that Rocksteady, the development team behind the critically acclaimed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V1ZF5cNYCs, are hard at work creating a dark open world Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game for Wii U, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Here’s a few of the details:

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Crisis is the alleged name of the title.
  • Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo are the four playable characters, each with their own varied move set and weapon of choice (sword, bo staff, sai, and nunchucku…respectively).
  • Flashbacks are played as Master Splinter/Hamato Yoshi.
  • Shurikens, smoke bombs, grappling hooks, and climbing foot spikes.
  • Gameplay and story/stage progression similar to Batman: Arkham City.
  • Classic characters such as Bebop and Rocksteady (warthog and rhinoceros), Dr. Baxter Stockman, Shredder (Oroku Saki), and Krang act as bosses and in the case of the humans-turned-mutants, you fight them in both forms throughout the story.
  • The Turtle Van and Turtle Blimp will be present and with them and other gadgets, the Wii U build is expected to have touch screen controls for specific actions.
  • Multiplayer is unknown.
  • Graphics engine used is that of Arkham City.
  • The game is expected to be more dark than slapstick, but the turtles themselves and their interactions with the Foot Clan, bosses, and story characters like April O’Neil and Casey Jones will still have comedy attached.
  • Purportedly being in development for Wii U, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.
  • Careful selection of voice actors to bring the universe to life as well as Rocksteady did with their two Batman games.
  • Manhattan Crisis shares a similar name to the 1991/1992 NES title, “The Manhattan Project”, but is very much its own title.

http://mynintendonew...game-for-wii-u/

Pleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetrue

I love Ninja Turtles, so to see such a competent developer like Rocksteady (Wonder if Bebop will be co-developing the game?) be making the next game is awesome news.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 3

RUMORS AHOY!!!

Starfox Wii-U game being made by Retro Studios?

http://mynintendonew...-fox-for-wii-u/

“While some suggest this new project is likely to be a return to the Metroid franchise, we’d love to see another Nintendo hero get the retro stamp of excellence. After all, having rolled out the barrels for Donkey Kong, perhaps it’s time Retro pulled off a barrel roll of a different kind.”

face-melt.jpg

Pleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetrue.

ps. Thanks Carbo for the link.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorry to break your heart but that was just a quote from the article's writer.

Wouldn't surprise me if Retro actually does do a Star Fox.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry to break your heart but that was just a quote from the article's writer.

Wouldn't surprise me if Retro actually does do a Star Fox.

Yep, wouldn't be surprising, Retro did say they were working on a big project for the Wii-U that everybody wants them to do.

http://n4g.com/news/...o-for-wii-2/com

And all everybody ever talks about is them bringing back Metroid Prime, doing DKCR2, or bringing back another Nintendo IP. I'd say the very latter, but we'll probably find out at E3 or something.

Edited by Nintendoga

Wouldn't be surprised and wouldn't buy the console.

Star Fox is cool and all, so is Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Metroid and Donkey Kong. Just....make something new please. I know Nintendo have the quality developers needed to make any game good, just please, please do something new.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wouldn't be surprised and wouldn't buy the console.

Star Fox is cool and all, so is Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Metroid and Donkey Kong. Just....make something new please. I know Nintendo have the quality developers needed to make any game good, just please, please do something new.

Well there's Steel Driver...........no.

But Miyamoto said he's working on a new IP for the Wii-U.

Funny, you're the first person I've seen in a long time that would rather have Nintendo make new IP, rather then bring back the (not dead nor forgotten) ones.

• Thumbs Up 1