Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

I feel like the Wii U is in the same sort of boat as the 3DS at this point; it has no system-sellers and Nintendo hasn't shown anyone how it's  different from the Wii. A year down the road things may be different. Once the ball gets rolling it may end up selling "well" (as in nothing close to Wii success but decent enough to make a profit). It's too early to tell, really.

Man, the NeoGaf forum is really depressing when it comes to Nintendo. >.>

This game is due to be revealed today:

3307717c0fe122dc2ed142f42c77bf35_M.jpg

http://www.videogamesuncovered.com/news/world-s-first-look-at-deus-ex-human-defiance-scheduled-for-tomorrow.html

gayF0D7.jpg

pAj6QjX.jpg

I'm posting this in here because, in light of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut apparently being the best version of that game, I have to wonder if this game (assuming for a second that it is real) will also see a Wii U release, and if it does, if it too will end up being the better version?

...April fools

Do game companies typically give heads ups of April Fool game announcements the day before?

Do game companies typically give heads ups of April Fool game announcements the day before?

It's not like almost every other joke/video/etc isn't done on March 31st.

;_;

I wouldn't count on Deus Ex 4 coming to WiiU.. mostly because counting our eggs before they hatch doesn't usually work. ME3 came to WiiU, but I highly doubt ME4 will.

This game is due to be revealed today:

3307717c0fe122dc2ed142f42c77bf35_M.jpg

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance!

Dude I don't know what to think or how to feel. Wasn't Human Defiance trademarked like all over the place? So it can't just be an April Fools' joke.

If it's real I'm more likely to play this than the 3D games. Sweet sweet sidescrollin games.

Well, it's clear that the studio itself is working on something anyway, even if that is just the definitive version of HR at the moment.

Well, it's clear that the studio itself is working on something anyway, even if that is just the definitive version of HR at the moment.

Well, aside from the Thief reboot, you mean?

Well, aside from the Thief reboot, you mean?

The Thief reboot which was announced in 2009, well before HR was released. I should think that the same thing is happening again; most of the team is working on Thief 4, while a much smaller unit is planning the development of something else. Something else that rhymes with "Hey, bus checks."

So... umm... do you guys reckon Scribblenauts Unlimited is ever going to be released in Europe?

I'm so glad I managed to get my hands on a pre-recall copy now. It's almost two months since the game was meant to be released (which even then was four months after the US got it), and still no word of a new release date. Every time I go into GAME and see the "Coming Soon" boxes for it, I can't help but think how bad the situation is.

Actually I was just wondering about that the other day. Did it seriously not come out yet?

What the actually heck, mang.

So... umm... do you guys reckon Scribblenauts Unlimited is ever going to be released in Europe?

I'm so glad I managed to get my hands on a pre-recall copy now. It's almost two months since the game was meant to be released (which even then was four months after the US got it), and still no word of a new release date. Every time I go into GAME and see the "Coming Soon" boxes for it, I can't help but think how bad the situation is.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=52024746&postcount=47

It's been delayed due to some localization standards. It'll be out when that's fixed. There are people working in it. Those standards have nothing to do with inappropriate words or adding u's to words too make them British (that'd be insane if that was the reason.) It's out on Steam right now in the EU, so if it was that problem, then those words would be in the Steam version.

So, Deus Ex Human Defiance isn't a game

It was a "what if" trademark, and since they didn't need it in the end they just used it for the April Fools joke.

So that's that.

Y'know I don't think I touched my Wii U after the week I bought it... :I

I need to get more games. ;-; I just don't have the money/time.

Edited by Wooly-Fools
  • Thumbs Up 1

I may get Lego City Undercover, other than the load times, is the game wort the purchase?

I find it to be a lot of fun, and I actually had a hard time getting into other LEGO games. Having a lot of to explore helps a ton but, the stages themselves are more platforming that brawler too.

So, Deus Ex Human Defiance isn't a game

It was a "what if" trademark, and since they didn't need it in the end they just used it for the April Fools joke.

So that's that.

HA! TOLD YOU PATTICUS!

just had to get that out

• Thumbs Up 1

lawl. How can it be a real game. If you are serious, don't believe in any game announcements from late March 31st - April 1st. If it's April 2nd and the publisher still says it's real, then it's real.

I mean if Sonic Adventure 3 was announced by Sega yesterday or even late March 31st, would you or anyone believe it?

EDIT: Actually I know someone who would believe it (see myself yesterday) but we are smarter.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

lawl. How can it be a real game. If you are serious, don't believe in any game announcements from late March 31st - April 1st. If it's April 2nd and the publisher still says it's real, then it's real.

I mean if Sonic Adventure 3 was announced by Sega yesterday or even late March 31st, would you believe it?

Of course not, but that wasn't the point.

"Deus Ex: Human Defiance" wasn't just an April Fools joke, it got many trademarks made over the last few months and was widely expected to be a new game in the series for some time already. You don't need trademarks for an April Fools joke, so despite the joke, people thought the actual game may end up being revealed at a later date.

So the clarification of not needing the trademark was necessary, otherwise people probably would continue to expect Human Defiance.

• Thumbs Up 1