Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Well it's a vicious cycle isn't it? Developers are scared their games won't sell on Nintendo systems, so they don't put all their effort into making them good and then complain when it doesn't get attention, or they port one game, don't support it with DLC (like with injustice) and then wonder why it wasn't successful.

Fighting games are cool and I'm glad the WiiU is getting some, the Wii got like 2 in its whole life on the market. But yeah, they're not really system sellers, unless Capcom somehow chuck an exclusive SFV on the WiiU and I can't really see that happening.

But Wreck-It is right, third party exclusives just aren't a thing people really do anymore. A few gens ago, games typically saw release on one system, sometimes, two, rarely three. Nowadays? Almost any big game on PS3 is gonna be on 360 too, or vice versa. It's a relatively new treatment, and it's interesting to see how the WiiU is or isn't taking part in that due to the usual attitudes.

I'm glad the WiiU is getting big third party multiplat titles at all, but at the same time, it could stand to get ports of some stronger more hyped games like Tomb Raider or Bioshock. It's a bit of a shame they skipped out on the WiiU (and maybe it wouldn't have happened if Nintendo got dev-kits out more than 2 months before public launch lol)

• Thumbs Up 5

Well it's a vicious cycle isn't it? Developers are scared their games won't sell on Nintendo systems, so they don't put all their effort into making them good and then complain when it doesn't get attention, or they port one game, don't support it with DLC (like with injustice) and then wonder why it wasn't successful.

Injustice Wii U isn't getting DLC? Why? Seems odd to leave the one console out.

Edited by MarcelloF

Injustice Wii U isn't getting DLC? Why? Seems odd to leave the one console out.

PQfkMiT.gif

I knew something was up when, for no reason, the Wii U didn't get a demo. There is literally no reason for there being no DLC either... unless the developers/publishers are so deathly afraid of going up against Nintendo's own franchises, they don't want to put the same level of effort into Nintendo system games as they do the others, leading to lower sales as consumers buy the 'better' versions; the fearful prophecy essentially being fulfilled by their own irrationality.

• Thumbs Up 6

PQfkMiT.gif

I knew something was up when, for no reason, the Wii U didn't get a demo. There is literally no reason for there being no DLC either... unless the developers/publishers are so deathly afraid of going up against Nintendo's own franchises, they don't want to put the same level of effort into Nintendo system games as they do the others, leading to lower sales as consumers buy the 'better' versions; the fearful prophecy essentially being fulfilled by their own irrationality.

And this my friends, is why Nintendo's consoles are always deemed a 'failure' by most corporate analysts who have nothing but great things to say about competing consoles, somehow making them doomed FOREVER.

ohai Patticus~ Seriously though, Nintendo should be able to at the very least, screen games that are big and multiplatform and make sure that no features are taken away or even add exclusive ones much like what apparently happened with AC3. Either that, or the Seal of Quality that Nintendo has used since God knows when becomes meaningless, an excuse developers bypass just so they could profit. 

Edited by Lennox
  • Thumbs Up 6

Mind you, season passes are complete bullshit anyway. It disgusts me how they're pretty much all the rage these days.

Oh, that's fine then. Don't really see the point in Season Passes anyway. You just pay for the whole DLC at once, right?

I don't think Nintendo likes that Season Pass bullshit, there's a lot of those shady practices that they aren't too keen on. Like online passes, for instance.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm looking forward to Wind Waker HD more than one can imagine... what do you think the chances of them making Thouasand-Year Door HD would be?

I'm pretty sure Injustice is getting the DLC. It just isn't getting the season pass.

Ok well yeah season passes are bullshit and imo the more they're avoided the better. Still, I remember reading the WiiU version wouldn't get DLC or that it wasn't confirmed yet, never a good sign. I hope I'm wrong! (do you have a source?)

I'm looking forward to Wind Waker HD more than one can imagine... what do you think the chances of them making Thouasand-Year Door HD would be?

WWHD is going to sell the WiiU, if only they could have gotten it out sooner.

I think if Nintendo ever actually get into the trend of doing HD remakes or remasters, a Paper Mario Collection would be something they'd do I reckon. However I don't really think Nintendo will tap into the whole "HD Collection" thing as much as others have.

Edited by SuperLink

Ok well yeah season passes are bullshit and imo the more they're avoided the better. Still, I remember reading the WiiU version wouldn't get DLC or that it wasn't confirmed yet, never a good sign. I hope I'm wrong! (do you have a source?)

WWHD is going to sell the WiiU, if only they could have gotten it out sooner.

I think if Nintendo ever actually get into the trend of doing HD remakes or remasters, a Paper Mario Collection would be something they'd do I reckon. However I don't really think Nintendo will tap into the whole "HD Collection" thing as much as others have.

For that matter, they dont really need to as much, most of their own titles, especialy those that use sprites are pretty high quality, neither super mario rpg, paper mario, or PMaTYD need graphics updates, now some bonus stuff, and combining them in one package would be cool, and adding in transferable party members from game to game would be cool

Note: I don't really hate Sticker Star.  It's still an enjoyable game sometimes.

no it isn't it's terrible all the way through

I'll take Luigi's Mansion HD, Nintendo.

• Thumbs Up 1

what do you think the chances of them making Thouasand-Year Door HD would be?

The chances are not very high.

I'd rather Nintendo and Square team up and give us Super Mario RPG HD.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wasn't it going to be released in August this year? The earlier the better. OuO

How is releasing in Fall earlier? O.o

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

The chances are not very high.

I'd rather Nintendo and Square team up and give us Super Mario RPG HD.

Fuck that.

Mario RPG 2, man.

Make it happen, Nintendo. Or Earthbound HD. Either one works.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's earlier than Fall.

Wait I am confused. Is it going to be released this August or this fall?