Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

Look what I found on YouTube:

I can't believe after this AWESOME trailer people are still saying this!! Oh well...and how the HELL did Unleashed combine Modern and Classic gameplay together? I think he meant 2D/3D.

Oh, who cares about him...we're talking Game of the Year!!! :D (well maybe not :P but still for me is decided)

It's not like they're ever gonna do it anyway. Modern Sonic has fans, and Sonic Team know that.

And they also realized Classic Sonic had fans, which was the reason they brought him back in the first damn place anyway. Now people are just being greedy and narrow-minded.

• Thumbs Up 2

this game is looking more and more AMAZING!!!

I have no more words to describe this game....

November/December never felt so far.

Just for any doubters, as a ridiculous avid Unleashed player, that Spagonia moment is very definitely a new level. No area in the original game resembles that setup.

Also - for complainers, if you thought one of the best fucking Sonic games in years didn't deserve stage representation in the celebration of Sonic's entire franchise, you have a screw loose.

(Sorry, I'm a total Unleashed fanboy. I was like "8D 8D 8D" throughout the trailer then Spagonia appeared and I was like "8O!!!!!! <3").

meh.ro3605.jpg

Green Hill, City Escape, and Rooftop Run. Sega's making all the right choices so far (for the console version at least).

From Bungie forums

I used to love that stage, but I'll never buy this game. SA2:B will always be the best.

What is this I don't even

I've only recently heard that this kind of opinion is common. But actually seeing it, my mind is still blown.

Why not? They really aren't doing anything too special with modern Sonic, especially not in 3D.

Doesn't matter. It looks fun and that's all that matters.

These people aren't really thinking about how deep and involving the 3D platforming, they're just saying Sonic sucks, because its cool to say that nowadays.

And in any case, the depth of 3D platforming doesn't really affect how fun an experience is. Fun is fun, regardless of how simplistic it is.

Holy shit! That kicks serious ass! I am loving both Modern and Classic Sonic's levels so far.

Also Modern Sonic's level for City Escape looks so fantastically close to the original level. It looks very open and wide too!

Classics Sonic's looks great. I love that they are going all out with creativity for this.

From Bungie forums

What is this I don't even

I've only recently heard that this kind of opinion is common. But actually seeing it, my mind is still blown.

Who cares what he thinks? If he wants to clutched onto SA2 for the rest of his life then go ahead. His loss.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

What I am claiming though is that I find it hard to be excited for a level that already has a multitude of acts rendered in the same engine and the only thing I'll find myself to look forward to is one level that might as well had been in an expansion pack for Unleashed and one other which will more than likely be re-used assets shaped to apply for pinball physics platforming.

Rooftop Run was fun and this will probably be fun too, but I'm not looking forward to revisiting this so soon.

I can understand, but what can you do? They had to represent Unleashed somehow. It'd be silly to miss it out just because it's new and used the same graphics engine. It was too influential on the series to skip over.

Just downloaded the trailer from Sega-press AT LAST! Can you imagine, it's 2.00 A.M. now!

I've made some nice CG screens for those who are interested. Awesome wallpapers BTW!

sonicgenusmovsnapshot00.th.jpgsonicgenusmovsnapshot00.th.jpg

sonicgenusmovsnapshot00.th.jpgsonicgenusmovsnapshot00.th.jpgsonicgenusmovsnapshot00.th.jpg

I'll make more tomorrow if anyone needs them.

Edited by ArtFenix

*Posts the trailer on B.Net*

*Hopes for positive feedback*

First Comment:

"No.

No more Sonic.

Sonic is dead in the water.

Sonic sucks now."

You know, it seems like aside from that first comment, the rest of the comments were pretty positive, so that's saying something!

Anyway. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH. OMIGODOMIGODOMIGOD. SOMEONE HAND ME A PAPER BAG, I NEED TO BREATHE.

City Escape looks just plain stunning. Love the cameos/easter eggs. The skateboard monitor is adorable. I couldn't have asked for more for my favorite stage in Sonic history. (Well, maybe I could have. But this is pretty darn close to my dream.)

Edited by Sapphire

Doesn't matter. It looks fun and that's all that matters.

These people aren't really thinking about how deep and involving the 3D platforming, they're just saying Sonic sucks, because its cool to say that nowadays.

And in any case, the depth of 3D platforming doesn't really affect how fun an experience is. Fun is fun, regardless of how simplistic it is.

We spend years arguing for better games, and we get something that's ok and suddenly it's "oh it's fun it doesn't actually have to be good as long as it's fun!"

In one post you make me feel like I've wasted years.

I love how MASSIVE the level looks on M sonic Parts...this TOTALLY kicks the shit out of any doubts that the 3D sections will feel way too narrow like it did in green hill zone...my GOD it looks HUGE!

I mean just LOOK AT THIS!

oJ0sC.jpg

We spend years arguing for better games, and we get something that's ok and suddenly it's "oh it's fun it doesn't actually have to be good as long as it's fun!"

You know at first I thought you were being just another cynical

but now...I don't know man...

Your really scrapping the barrel now with post without any substance. It like your just trying to be debbie downer.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 3

I love how MASSIVE the level looks on M sonic Parts...this TOTALLY kicks the shit out of any doubts that the 3D sections will feel way too narrow like it did in green hill zone...my GOD it looks HUGE!

I mean just LOOK AT THIS!

Oh boy, a hallway and a rail.

I might be impressed if I had any reason to believe that picture isn't 90% background.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Considering that years back we were at each other's throats like we were in civil war?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh boy, a hallway and a rail.

I might be impressed if I had any reason to believe that picture isn't 90% background.

You know man...just...

yeah I'm done...your starting to remind me a lot about Dillo...an elitist ass. That was some impressive footage...even past footage of Green Hill completely shattered your argument...scrape that barrel man scrape it.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Bad Quality Post 1

You know at first I thought you were being just another cynical

but now...I don't know man...

Your really scrapping the barrel now with post without any substance. It like your just trying to be debbie downer.

No, I am legit disappointed. You talk about how big and open the level is, you show me literally a hallway and a rail, and that makes me sad.

Considering that years back we were at each other's throats like we were in civil war?
'least I was fighting for somethin' worth fighting for! Kids these days don't even know what a real video game is! In my day we had to roll 15 miles downhill in the snow if we wanted to break the sound barrier!

edit:

Buy the game and grumble as you play it, Diogenes. But somewhere in the back of your mind, the basic gamer in you will be enjoying it.
And then all the shiny new hype wears off and I see it's not nearly as good as I thought and I'm left with (edit2:)little more than a $50 coaster. okay, that's a bit harsh, but I really can't see this game staying interesting for long, at least as far as the 3D sections go. Edited by Diogenes

Who cares what he thinks?

Oh, I'm not concerned/offended by his opinion. It's just the concept of SA2:B being held as the pinnacle of Sonic on a pure nostalgic level is just lolworthy. Now that I've seen it firsthand, it wont surprise at all. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Back to Generations! I'm still waiting for Modern Sonic to impress me with something, but nothing has grabbed me yet. I know it'll be fun to play, but like Diogenes has said, and WILL say at every given opportunity, it still is undoubtedly shallow. Either narrow corridors or big spaces of nothing. But City was kinda like that already, so I can't complain too much. Classic is still awesome and inherently 90's. I half expected him to pull out a Walkman or cassette tape player to listen to when he was skateboarding.

For the CG, I love how classic Sonic still tries to test/race his future self, even though he knows damn well they're the same person. I can see him saying during that car scene "Aw, you slippin bro! C'mon step it up!"

There is nothing inherently wrong with linear level design. It works both in the context of the gameplay style's goals and as an A-to-B platformer. It will be fun, at least for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Unleashed art style confirmed. City Escape has a real-but-not-real flare to it, unlike the original. Love it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Why not? They really aren't doing anything too special with modern Sonic, especially not in 3D.

I just don't want Sonic to end up like Megaman...apart from the Legends franchise ALL his games have been the same 2D game over and over again.

I just don't want Sonic to end up like Megaman...apart from the Legends franchise ALL his games have been the same 2D game over and over again.
Neither do I. There are more options than "I'm ok with this" and "this isn't S3&K2 therefore ruined forever".