Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

You know what SEGA (and Dimps)

tumblr_lmfzq1OmWO1qcz7qh.jpg

Fuck you. THIS is what we get for Sonic's 20th!? I really, REALLY hate you.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

THIS is what we get for Sonic's 20th!? I really, REALLY hate you.

Yeah, I can't believe Dimps are using Sonic 4: Ep 1's gameplay style for the Classic Sonic sections of this game -_- Did they not listen to a single bit of the fan feedback for Sonic 4: Ep 1? I don't mind Rush physics in the Modern Sonic section, but it's not suited to the Classic Sonic sections at all.

At least the 360/PS3 version is shaping up. It's Dimps who's crapping themselves again with the 3DS version.

Don't jinx it now. ;)

Edited by Nepenthe

"I don't think we should assume it isn't, considering the series' history."

Edit:sorry accidentally deleted the replying stuff. don't know how to fix it sorry this is at dio.

I agree with you there. I never said we should assume it will be good. I think we should wait for a little more gameplay of this stage. Yes, the series had a habit of being it linear but just this video can't really prove that this level will be. I'm not saying it will be linear and i'm not saying it won't. I AM saying that we should wait for more footage. ;)

Edited by dudehedgehogfan1996

Edited by Inferno

Two things about this screencap:

1- Check out how open this is, especially compared to Narrow Green Corridor Hill Zone.

2- What's with the awful wall texture behind and to the right of Sonic?

OpenEscape.png

So yeah. Narrow Green Corridor Hill, Open Escape and Rooftop Tree Zones. What's next?

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

At least the 360/PS3 version is shaping up. It's Dimps who's crapping themselves again with the 3DS version.

Lol everyone was asking where you were Inferno. =P

Anyways, 3DS version doesn't sound too good. =[ Wait..how do we know it's Dimps? I guess they always make handheld games for Sonic Team. DAMN.

@Blue Blood

Didn't they say it was still in Pre-ALPHA state

OK, I know SA2 was on the Dreamcast, but Generations' City Escape puts the original to shame. I mean the art style just kicks its ass, in every way possible.

Edited by Scar

Anyways, 3DS version doesn't sound too good. =[ Wait..how do we know it's Dimps? I guess they always make handheld games for Sonic Team. DAMN.

@Blue Blood

Didn't they say it was still in Pre-ALPHA state

• Thumbs Up 4

Not sure. Just pointing it out. There were a couple of moment in Unleashed whereyou saw the texture snap from a LD to HD one in the blink of an eye.

Aye. Like that area just after the skydiving part of Rooftop Run in Unleashed? It's like really open but really pointless.

Also:

rooftoptress.png

Two things about this screencap:

1- Check out how open this is, especially compared to Narrow Green Corridor Hill Zone.

2- What's with the awful wall texture behind and to the right of Sonic?

1. I like the openness of it, but I'm mostly wondering if that path down there is truly a split or simply a really brief branching. The rainbow ring seems to point to the latter with the way it's aimed.

Anyone else feel the City Escape level seems to be exploiting the truck? In SA2, it was a climax to end the level- here it looks to be all over the place.

2c9326ec.png

It's hard to read, but I think it says "Charmy Bee & Sonic Honey Butter".

I wonder how exactly they got butter out of Sonic...

Edited by Tatsumaki

The tree on the building reminds me of this:

mykanos.jpg

Doors where the shouldn't be doors, such as high above the ground.

Anyone else feel the City Escape level seems to be exploiting the truck? In SA2, it was a climax to end the level- here it looks to be all over the place.

Mm, not really. The chase sequence is practically a staple of Sonic games now. If they just did the truck like in SA2, where'd the fun be? This is a twist on an existing gimmick, as is giving C.Sonic a skateboard (will it be a City Escape only powerup?). It a way, it's like how in 06 Sonic took a ride on a whale after being chased.