Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

Just take my house,my gf,my family take everything Sega! Just give me Sonic Generations in return :o

Edited by pppp
  • Thumbs Up 1

;_; This game just makes me cry... so nostalgic, so awesome. My grade/high school memories are being brought back to life in a flash of awesomeness. Classic Sonic's version of CE has some interesting platforming and modern Sonic has a less claustrophobic and more open stage. Beautiful!

'least I was fighting for somethin' worth fighting for! Kids these days don't even know what a real video game is! In my day we had to roll 15 miles downhill in the snow if we wanted to break the sound barrier!

I was too. Good times, huh? :)

No, I am legit disappointed. You talk about how big and open the level is, you show me literally a hallway and a rail, and that makes me sad.

'least I was fighting for somethin' worth fighting for! Kids these days don't even know what a real video game is! In my day we had to roll 15 miles downhill in the snow if we wanted to break the sound barrier!

And then all the shiny new hype wears off and I see it's not nearly as good as I thought and I'm left with (edit2:)little more than a $50 coaster. okay, that's a bit harsh, but I really can't see this game staying interesting for long, at least as far as the 3D sections go.

You know, I'm open minded; you can have your own opinions. I just think you're sort of depressingly raining on our parade. No one's making you get excited for the game, but it's not even out yet, and it seems like you're just trying to dwindle our excitement...

Edited by Sapphire
  • Thumbs Up 4

I really think he just wants more than what we're seeing in this package, and I honestly can't say I blame him considering that I want the same thing.

The difference being that I'm more content with this than he is, but that in no way mean that he's not allowed to feel disappointed. Really, it's one thing to criticize someone's logic, but I feel that you're being too sensitive than you should if you think he's trying to dwindle your experience when he's voicing his concerns and nothing more.

Now I wouldn't be defending him if he started geniunely saying we had shitty tastes for liking this game.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 3

You know, I'm open minded; you can have your own opinions. I just think you're sort of depressingly raining on our parade. No one's making you get excited for the game, but it's not even out yet, and it seems like you're just trying to dwindle our excitement...

Criticism and contrasting opinions should be encouraged. It gives good discussion material.

I can't speak for Dio but sometimes being cynical can be a good thing - because it means you don't set yourself up for disappointment that easily.

We spend years arguing for better games, and we get something that's ok and suddenly it's "oh it's fun it doesn't actually have to be good as long as it's fun!"

In one post you make me feel like I've wasted years.

I don't know what your problem is here. That is beyond cynical. Isn't fun what we've been striving for?

Fun = Good

Good = subjective

The 2D section of the game looks like it lives up to its predecessors.

The Unleashed style is evidently marmite. Perhaps its the ridiculous dogma that the Unleashed style can never have deep platforming (I disagree, but that's not important).

Perhaps because we haven't seen enough yet. City Escape already looks much wider and more interesting and we've seen a sum total of 15 seconds of it.

Relax.

• Thumbs Up 2

Um, where's the highest quality version of the trailer available to download? The one from the press site won't open, is painfully oversized and now the site is down.

I'm not doing this just to hurt people, I assure you. I'm discussing the game just the same as everyone else, I just happen to be really disappointed in some aspects of it. And I'd rather discuss that than simply contribute to the circlejerk with what I do like. At most, I'm trying to slap the hype out of people for a moment so they can see what seem like pretty significant problems.

Also you guys all have shitty tas-

Now I wouldn't be defending him if he started geniunely saying we had shitty tastes for liking this game.
-erp.

edit:

I don't know what your problem is here. That is beyond cynical. Isn't fun what we've been striving for?
I don't like "oh but its fun" being used to stifle criticism. The game may be fun, but I don't think it's fun enough. This series deserves better than a decent Sonic 2 clone and a barely changed Unleashed HD Day. Edited by Diogenes

3DS Sonic is fun as well, but a bit disappointing. Classic Sonic still has his Genesis feel but some of DIMPS Sonic 4 weaknesses remain. Mostly that of stopping on a dime when letting go of the D-Pad.

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMPS

• Thumbs Up 7

Has anyone noticed the wanted poster for FANG/NACK the WEASEL at the 41 second mark? now tell me that JAZWARES CANT MAKE A FIGURE OF HIM NOW! HAHA

O.O

If this shit happens everytime I go out to eat a burger.... I'm going to be REALLY fat in the future!!!

This is great. It's all I wanted and more. Classic Sonic's run of the level looks brilliant, strangely just as nostalgic as seeing him run through the HD rendition of Green Hill zone. Heck, it almost looks like it could be passed off as a remake of a daylit- Starlight Zone, or something. As for Modern Sonic, it almost looks like a full HD conversion. Sonic handling the streetboard looks as natural, fluent, and fun as it did in Sonic 2006, down to the grinding, which... *sigh* THAT OTHER ANNIVERSARY GAME can't claim to have down. The 3D environments also look really reminiscent of the level design from Sonic Adventure 2, which is outstanding. Naturally, the cameos and Easter Eggs are epic sauce, and remember: those are only cameos from a single trailer. Just wait 'til you play the game! Also, it looks like each level's getting unique baddies to match the level they're from, so that's food for thought as well ;)

The Rooftop Run reveal also made my squee a bit, but I really hope it's not the ONLY level from Unleashed, given how it's not the best choice, at least in my opinion. Dragon Road and Jungle Joyride make much better choices to me, but we'll see what happens. Apparently SEGA's timeline for main Sonic titles includes 13 games (as seen ). Perhaps if they count Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles as one title, it means each era could be represented by 4 games. Now I just wonder how many levels are appearing in the game. Given how Green Hill zone was shown to be split into 2 acts, one with Classic Sonic and one with Modern Sonic, I'm hoping we'll at least get 2 stages representing each game, so we get to see as many deserving stages as possible get remade in epic HD and we get to spend ample time with each 'hog.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm getting burgers.

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1

E3-Hands on by Shigs and Dreadnux:

http://www.segabits.com/?p=13625

nuckles87 is NOT Dreadknux :P

Oh, and it looks like Jason must have meant the 3DS version. Shigs is Jason the Jackass if I recall correctly.

Also you guys all have shitty tas--erp.

Watch it, Dio. ;)

Anyway, while we're lapping this up, let's not do too much to the point of emptying the hype in case they start keeping hush-hush again. We've been given a good morsel here, so who knows how long this'll last.

Around the 50 sec mark modern sonic looks like he has some exploration involved in this level. I don't think we should assume that city escape will be linear for modern sonic yet. We've only seen parts of modern Sonic's gameplay for this level.(And not a lot to be honest.)

Classic Sonic still has his Genesis feel but some of DIMPS Sonic 4 weaknesses remain. Mostly that of stopping on a dime when letting go of the D-Pad.

Okay Dimps. Time for you to go away. You're not wanted anymore. Have M2 or WayForward do the smaller 2D Sonic games instead. Forget the rest of Sonic 4, I want you gone.

Get out. Out.

Edited by Preston
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Bad Quality Post 1

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMPS

hey hey. I feel bad for Dimps. They were mediocre at Genesis style platforming, but great at Rush style gameplay. Sonic Team should let them make their speedy games, and stop forcing them into recreating the classic style, only to get backlash from the fans. Won't happen because Sonic 3DS will sell like hotcakes.

Edited by Inferno

I don't fucking get why SEGA allows dimps to make fucking games for them...they are OBVIOUSLY incompetent....let somebody else do fucking handheld games fuck....

edit:I don't like "oh but its fun" being used to stifle criticism. The game may be fun, but I don't think it's fun enough. This series deserves better than a decent Sonic 2 clone and a barely changed Unleashed HD Day.

So, judging by the hands-on preview, there is slowdown when 3D is enabled on the HD versions

Around the 50 sec mark modern sonic looks like he has some exploration involved in this level.

Okay Dimps. Time for you to go away. You're not wanted anymore. Have M2 or WayForward do the smaller 2D Sonic games instead. Forget the rest of Sonic 4, I want you gone.

Get out. Out.

edit:I don't like "oh but its fun" being used to stifle criticism. The game may be fun, but I don't think it's fun enough. This series deserves better than a decent Sonic 2 clone and a barely changed Unleashed HD Day.