Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

Wow that Trailer was awsome. It's actually like I imagined, especially the CGI animation...but without the flying cars. The Cameos are also great.They kept the same amount of Deatil in Unleashed, but have actually Sonicy details, like character names.

And it definitly looks varied, and they did an excellent an job at taking familiar elements and just make it new and creative use. I was worried that they gonna keep it basic like Green Hill,throughout the game, but those doubts went.

Edited by ChikaBoing

Just for any doubters, as a ridiculous avid Unleashed player, that Spagonia moment is very definitely a new level. No area in the original game resembles that setup.

Also - for complainers, if you thought one of the best fucking Sonic games in years didn't deserve stage representation in the celebration of Sonic's entire franchise, you have a screw loose.

(Sorry, I'm a total Unleashed fanboy. I was like "8D 8D 8D" throughout the trailer then Spagonia appeared and I was like "8O!!!!!! <3").

No one's claiming it's going to be a copy pasted level.

What I am claiming though is that I find it hard to be excited for a level that already has a multitude of acts rendered in the same engine and the only thing I'll find myself to look forward to is one level that might as well had been in an expansion pack for Unleashed and one other which will more than likely be re-used assets shaped to apply for pinball physics platforming.

Rooftop Run was fun and this will probably be fun too, but I'm not looking forward to revisiting this so soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love the idea of the stage specific powerup monitors for Sonic. I've wanted this in a Sonic game for years.

So much potential there. Hoping for the return of these

Tidal_Plant_Zone.pngSc_specialstage.png

Maybe in a later stage....*pops up monitor* DRILL!!!!

I think I should leave the Sonic forums for a bit. I don't want all the easter eggs spoiled by the time I get the game!

• Thumbs Up 3

lol, City Escape! Totally called it. :D

Looking smexy though. Almost as I imagined it. >.<

*Posts the trailer on B.Net*

*Hopes for positive feedback*

First Comment:

"No.

No more Sonic.

Sonic is dead in the water.

Sonic sucks now."

First Comment:

"No.

No more Sonic.

Sonic sucks now."

Halo fans would say that.

You posted the trailer on the Bungie forums and expected a positive response?

• Thumbs Up 3

First Comment:

"No.

No more Sonic.

Sonic sucks now."

Why would you expect Halo fans/fanboys to give positive feedback? there like the stereotype of shooter fans. :huh:

City Escape. Great Job!

Now here's wondering what the folks outside the fandom are saying. :lol:

Still. This is great. And the cameos...eh. At least they're acknowledging our interests in other characters, so all we need to see is other characters playing a part in the plot and this game is going to sit extremely well with me.

Also, is anyone happy at how City Escape looks a lot more open for Modern Sonic than what we got in Colors so far? That may just be a small trailer of what's in store, but still you gotta wonder how closely Sonic Team are listening to us. Ever since the failure that was Sonic 06, they've been listening a lot more to us in implementing our demands.

EDIT: At the time of this post...holy shit, 104 members are reading this topic?!

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Also - for complainers, if you thought one of the best fucking Sonic games in years didn't deserve stage representation in the celebration of Sonic's entire franchise, you have a screw loose.

(Sorry, I'm a total Unleashed fanboy. I was like "8D 8D 8D" throughout the trailer then Spagonia appeared and I was like "8O!!!!!! <3").

Problem is, Unleashed has many non city trope stages: Savannah Citadel (though starts in a city), Arid Sands (though starts in a city), Cool Edge (I was expecting a mix of this one with Ice Cap), Jungle Joyride (though it may be overusing the green zone trope), Eggmanland... One just can't avoid to ask oneself why did they have to chose another city?

I do think Rooftop Run is unique enough (just add a part with the clock tower, the sewers or add some werehog-less night time, classic Sonic is sure going to help here), but I can understand those who doesn't think this way.

EDIT: oh, I'm loving the drill wisp monitor Idea xD

EDIT2:

Better question: What if they bring back Eggmanland new and reimagined? Squee!

THIS! Is what I wanted from Unleashed. :P

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

First Comment:

"No.

No more Sonic.

Sonic sucks now."

Moron.

• Thumbs Up 3

I expect that blue hedgehog to start rollin' around at the speed of sound

With places to go, he's gonna follow his rainbow

Can't stick around have to keep moving on

Guess what lies ahead only one way to find out!

...Yeah...shameless quote is shameless. If that music isn't in the game I will be thoroughly disappoint.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Unless we're all getting the wrong end of the stick here.

What if Rooftop Run will be a part of City Escape rather than a level itself? I'm going with this.

• Thumbs Up 1

First Comment:

"No.

No more Sonic.

Sonic sucks now."

That just sounds like an automatic typical response of someone who just doesn't care about Sonic or follow the series at all. :\ I don't need to read such negative feedback from those twats.

Edited by sonfan1984

Better question: What if they bring back Eggmanland new and reimagined? Squee!

• Thumbs Up 2

I think its fair to assume the Unleashed quota's been filled from Unleashed. xP

I wish Sega would say what number of levels would could be expecting, though.

Unless we're all getting the wrong end of the stick here.

What if Rooftop Run will be a part of City Escape rather than a level itself? I'm going with this.

I'm digging this but if it's Spagonia then that's cool too.

My favorite stage in Sonic Unleashed with Jungle Joyride. I'd like to see presentation from this too. :D

Maybe on Sonic's birthday.

Also, is anyone happy at how City Escape looks a lot more open for Modern Sonic than what we got in Colors so far? That may just be a small trailer of what's in store, but still you gotta wonder how closely Sonic Team are listening to us. Ever since the failure that was Sonic 06, they've been listening a lot more to us in implementing our demands.

Or you know, it could just be intentioned from the Start. I doubt they are stupid enough to make an regression from Unleashed, which also had some of those more open areas.

First Comment:

"Durr

Sawnik iz ded cuz he duzent hav gunz leik in shado

I hayt platfurmurrs cuz thurr gay

I hav no tayst."

Fixed for ya ;)

But seriously, you're posting on the Bungie forums that is infested with FPS buffs and Halo cocksuckers.

If there's anything they lack it's taste and common sense...

EDIT: Reading the other comments, the overall feedback is quite positive. Just ignore one user, there will always be idiots on any forum

Edited by CanofEpicSauce
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nostalgia beat my body up bad when the City Escape trailer popped up.

Look what I found on YouTube:

Man, we really don't need modern Sonic. Seriously. it was fun in the Adventure series, but now it's just NLEH. They tried combining modern and classic in Unleashed and it still didn't work.

Just stick to sidescrolling, Sega. (:

I can't believe after this AWESOME trailer people are still saying this!! Oh well...and how the HELL did Unleashed combine Modern and Classic gameplay together? I think he meant 2D/3D.

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 1

Look what I found on YouTube:

I can't believe after this AWESOME trailer people are still saying this!!

Why not? They really aren't doing anything too special with modern Sonic, especially not in 3D.

Maybe if I repeat it enough, it will come true.

25 stages

25 stages

25 stages

25 stages

25 stages

25 stages

25 stages

25 stages

25 stages

25 stages

25 stages

25 stages