Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

Just realised it's City Escape and Sonic doesn't have his soap shoes. First there's a tree on a roof and now this? Fuck you Sonic Team. Ruined forever.

Edited by Sapphire

For fuck's sake! I was posing a question as to how the level design might be, not expressing disappointment that it's not a fucking open world. If you hadn't noticed, I made a blatant post defending Unleashed style's general linearity in this very thread, and every other post I've made in this whole damn forum has been at the defense of it as well.

I'm happy with the game. But seriously, who pissed in your cereal?

BRIEFLY BRANCHING?! Shit, I could say that about every 2D game ever! No matter where the hell you go, you still are heading to one goal. You are still going in one direction no matter how high the path takes you or how low you can go. You are simply briefly braching off the path. WHAT THE FUCK?! You guys are reaching. Really? Really? Really?

Hm. I dunno, I would have preferred Windmill Isle but Rooftop Run is fine. It was kind of the main area of Unleashed, and it's a very different sort of city to what City Escape is (but again, Windmill Isle would have been better). It's just a shame that it's not set at night. That would have been a great way to add a touch more variation to the level themes and represent Unleashed well.

Maybe some of the other stages that aren't yet revealed will be night stages? Hopefully, I'd love to see variation like that.

I'm not worried about Sonic Generations...

Just Stuttering Craig.

I'm not worried about Sonic Generations...

Just Stuttering Craig.

We have to take into account that IGN also said the controls were a bit floaty. He did say he played it on the Move, so...

I don't know. I can only hope he's playing it on a crappy TV.

Edited by CanofEpicSauce

http://screwattack.com/videos/First-Impression-Sonic-Generations

Bit worried about Sonic Generations after I heard this.

Even Craig says the controls are floaty. Hopefully SEGA can fix this.

"Even" Craig? He's the first person to say this. Everyone else is saying the opposite, that it's too weighty.

EDIT: Beaten by sonfan1984.

Edited by Preston
  • Thumbs Up 1

Every other preview of Sonic Generations has been almost completely positive. Stuttering Craig is a fluke

Well SEGA must take any kind of criticism into account.

Even from watching the gameplay, I could tell it has that kind of Colors style of jumping when you descend the second you release the jump button.

If everyone else says it feels weighty, there's not much to worry about.

...That's NO good :( C'mon SEGA you can't afford to balls the controls up, please, fix it!

Well...I get to play it at Summer of Sonic BABY!!! WOOOT!!

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 1

I really hope they change the spindash thing... I don't wanna just push a button to spindash! ... And I'm sure they'll tighten up the floaty controls... Hopefully.

EDIT: Not so worried about the floaty thing anymore, was probably just a bad TV that Craig was playing on.

Edited by Sapphire

Comments:

i kind of saw this coming. They can fix it before it launches but i doubt it

Man, I had high hopes for this one. Guess sonic's might have to wait for another good title. I'll still check it out, though.

Wasn't expecting anything too amazing. That and Sonic shouldn't be floaty. I hate floaty... (unless you count brawl)

Segaaaa, don't let them win. :<

Darned Iizuka with his floaty Colors controls. >3> *runs*

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

If everyone else says it feels weighty, there's not much to worry about.

Fuck, are critics ever happy? They say he's too floaty, so they add more gravity, people say he's too weighty, and there are still some people who say he's floaty. Oh well, maybe Craig was just expecting it to play exactly like the Classics maybe he has to get used to it.

I can relate that to my experience with DKCR, when I first played the game, everything felt awkward seen as how I was used to the original DKCs, but in a matter of time I got used to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would relax. We have one guy saying that the jump is floaty versus everyone else. And besides, Sonic's controls have been contradictorily described by the layman as either too loose or too tight throughout the years, even in the same games, that it's hard to give this one report too much stock.

Well we'll see what it really plays like from Sonic Boom and SOS impressions.

Be sure, that the people there will NOT hesitate to deliver grievances to the SEGA staff.

I really hope they change the spindash thing... and I'm sure they'll tighten up the floaty controls... Hopefully.

See, Craig doesn't even know what he's talking about. You can use the one button spin dash, and you can do it classic style.

• Thumbs Up 3

See, Craig doesn't even know what he's talking about. You can use the one button spin dash, and you can do it classic style.

*Huge sigh of relief*

THANK GOD. :)

This doesn't bother me at all.

Okay so someone feels the game different from the others. Pff big deal...

Alexander Peal says this:

Classic Sonic’s game play is likely to be the biggest crowd pleaser. I’m happy to say I tried all the tricks Brad told me about for Sonic 4 last year, and the results were good. Unlike Sonic 4, Sonic Generations’ Sonic does not stop dead in his tracks or in mid air when the player stops pushing forward on the controller. Sonic cannot stroll up inclines, nor can he stand on walls or in loops. Gravity will push you down hard if you don’t gather enough momentum.
Edited by frokenok3

So apparently the framerate sucks at certain points. I really hope they fix that shit. If they can do that, then... 60 fps maybe??

Framerate drops in 3D (as in the gimmick 3D) That's the only time they noticed any framerate drop.

So apparently the framerate sucks at certain points. I really hope they fix that shit. If they can do that, then... 60 fps maybe??

I don't think framerate 60fps has a chance...