Awoo.

Sonic Generations: New Screenshots and Arts [Archive]

Woun

Saw the review on that site. Good score, though shame it's in German and Google Translate fails.

That Perfect Chaos battle looks awesome. BTW what is Amy doing in that first screen? Is that an attack of some kind?

Edited by sjmaster92

Just looked at SEGA's Press Vault and saw there were new screenshot updates to the Xbox 360, PS3 and 3DS versions, but was then disappointed to see that they're all one month old screenshots we've seen before elsewhere.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/09/sonic-generations-new-seaside-hill-screenshots/

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/09/newold-sonic-generations-screenshots-including-emerald-coast/

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone get a Kingdom Valley vibe off of that tall stained glass window?

Actually, yes. I do really love how they've done that. With pretty much every level, they've integrated aspects of other levels in it too. Seaside Hill is the perfect example. It has elements of Hydrocity Zone, elements of Labyrinth Zone, elements of Ocean Palace and probably more that I can't quite think off the top of my head at the moment.

Station Square looks too gray for me.

It's pretty much a grey Crysis City that got flooded with Water rather than Lava. Even has Water typhoons instead of flaming tornados.

It's also pretty grey in the CGI intro to SA1/SADX. It was never a very colorful place. Besides, it adds to the atmosphere of the environment. The place just got ravaged and flooded, that's pretty depressing. For depressing things, people tend to show it as being bleak/dark/grey in color, not have it be all colorful/vibrant.

Anyways, I definitely can dig that Perfect Chaos screenshot. You can see the full scale destruction of the city, caused by Chaos. And he definitely seems more menacing than ever before, I love his new design.

Pretty cool that Amy can use her hammer to help Sonic out, too.

Edited by Shade Vortex
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Shade Vortex: Good point, though I was referring more to the colourless water than anything else.

@Shade Vortex: Good point, though I was referring more to the colourless water than anything else.

Water is colourless.

Compare This

320px-SA1PerfChaos2.PNG

To this

sonicgenerationstest6.jpg

Water isn't actually blue. Look at the CGI opening, Perfect Chaos barely has a blue tint to him at all. He's just a mass of colourless, water.

The in-game model was only blue, because of the graphical limitations. Generations obviously has better water effects.

Everything looks like it had it's color drained out.

Well, the fight itself is hardly supposed to look colourful. The still-grey look works better given the situation. It looks a lot colder and bleaker, which I think is fine. Your mileage may vary. I maintain though, that this fight doesn't need bright colours.

I never said it needs bright colors. It just looks like someone siphoned out all of the colors. I'd rather have a bit more color.

• Thumbs Up 1

I find the lacks of colours on the Perfect Chaos fight really fitting with the time going nuts and stuff.

But there's something about Perfect Chaos that seems... Weird.

Maybe it's the skin.

Yeah it looks so colourless that I think it has probably to do with the storyline and the colourless environments. Would be kinda weird if it didn't

Edited by Djawed

The Perfect Chaos boss battle was made to look like how it was originally intended to, and that's that. I don't understand why there's so much speculation as to why this boss battle isn't vibrant, by the way.

• Thumbs Up 2