Awoo.

Sonic Generations: New Screenshots and Arts [Archive]

Woun

I wonder what Metal Sonic's battle is as modern Sonic. Given that screenshot of classic Sonic fighting Silver I would imagine that you can fight any rival as classic or modern Sonic. Maybe it'll be a stardust speedway minilevel as modern. Who knows.

What are you talking about? what picture?This?

330887_10150343410807418_23050342417_7982933_133655791_o.jpg

That's modern sonic.

Edited by Classic Hedgehogs Boost

*thinking to myself a couple months ago*

You know what'd be amazing with Speed Highway? If SEGA had a section where the sunrise happened IN the level. That just blow my mi-

EENHrincR97QD86TEPUCgaB6Iz3uqk61.jpg

fillion.gif

Reaction gif aside; REALLY happy with what I've seen of that Shadow battle. What really makes it work is that in the original final SA2 level Sonic and Shadow were technically racing each other to the Eclipse Cannon, but just had separate stages. Okay, so technically Shadow just wants to kill Sonic in this one (unless they decide to have it "in the moment" where Shadow thinks he's fighting SA2 Sonic when it's really current day Sonic, which'd be a great exchange that I hope they do).

But now I wish Classic Sonic didn't get the short stick with those bosses. Both Metal Sonic and Death Egg look fantastic and fun, but they're so damn short and contained compared to these zany and awesome Modern bosses.

Hey wait a second...trying to tell us something, Sonic Team? *eyebrow raise*

• Thumbs Up 9

089ro.jpg

That giant wrench looks like something out of Sonic Schoolhouse.

Could they actually be referencing?.......nah, not even the 3DS version would sink that low right?.......right?

• Thumbs Up 1

so is anyone gonna ask y the moon is yellow or are we still in shock over to moon being there?

Edited by i don't like pie

so is anyone gonna ask y the moon is yellow or are u still in shock over to moon being there?

We already know, the moon is made of cheese :D

so is anyone gonna ask y the moon is yellow or are u still in shock over to moon being there?

We should be asking why is the moon whole.

• Thumbs Up 1

The strange thing is, it seems like the Moon is really focussed on in every screenshot. It's as if the Moon is an important part of the battle.

The strange thing is, it seems like the Moon is really focussed on in every screenshot. It's as if the Moon is an important part of the battle.

maybe were supposed to knock shadow into it causing it's destruction?

Its really hard trying not to masturbate to those photos.

But yeah, At Dawn looks amazing, and something tells me they're going to remix it along with the night version. And I know damn well that some of those textures are straight from Skyscraper Scamper.

Sa2 homage in my Sonic game?..I'm ok with this, and it figures that Sega would make Shadow's battle the most appealing visual wise.

Well, it is where the Eclipse Cannon is loca-...

That doesn't explain why it's whole now though... :V

Unleashed style Tornado detected. Fuuuuu!..

054fze.jpg

Well, I'm glad that Tornado is in the game, I just hate it's Unleashed design. It's the worst design of all others, IMO. Looks like a freaking kids' plastic toy. Oh well..

Wow, so many easter eggs! Also, OMGA lol! OMGA, SEGA?! SORM the albatros?..Ami?.. What is this I don't even.. Must be intentional, right?..Right?

053bj.jpg

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well, it is where the Eclipse Cannon is loca-...

That doesn't explain why it's whole now though... :V

That's what's strange. Why is the moon so focussed upon, when it's technically not in its correct state?

Edited by Neon

That's what's strange. Why is the moon so focused upon, when it's technically not in its correct state?

Maybe the Time Eater pulled an Eggman (episode from Sonic X I think) and repaired it, except the Time Eater turned it into his fortress.

That's what's strange. Why is the moon so focussed upon, when it's technically not in its correct state?

It explodes halfway through the battle and reveals a giant cannon!! Better run before it starts shooting lasers at you.

That Speed Highway is awesome and stuff like that, but now there's nothing that can make this game any bett-

RYoWE6ROZn7J1MjD97wh6Y7dVto7a1y4.jpg

OH MY GOD.

• Thumbs Up 6

WMG Time.

Maybe Modern Sonic is knocked back into the moment right after Prison Island's explosion, when Shadow, Rouge, and Eggman are back on the ARK with 6 of the Chaos Emeralds. And as Eggman is making his announcement to the world, Sonic realizes where he's at, and with no regard to the timeline, tries to shut down the Eclipse Cannon early. Shadow finds Sonic and tries to stop him. And during the battle - probably when Shadow is at his last two hits - Eggman unleashes his warning shot and detonates half the moon in the background.

That, or Sonic Team thinks the piece of info is inconsequential.

I know the pictures been shown to death, but.. How times flies...

SA2B_7.png

005isq.jpg

I hate to say that but I still like Sa2 version more. The character design is better for my taste, The presence of SOAP shoes and that the moon just looks right. On the new screenshot it's too yellow, like some piece of cheese.

But great work by Sonicteam nevertheless.

Edited by ArtFenix

I hate to say that but I still like Sa2 version more. The character design is better for my taste, The presence of SOAP shoes and the moon just looks right. On the new screenshot it's too yellow, like some piece of cheese.

I find it more like GREEN.

I find it more like GREEN.

You mean, the moon? Yeah, maybe. I'm just sure that something's wrong with its color.

Bet that purpe boost is chaos control seeing as Sonic DID use it in that fight...Calling it now.

I hate to say that but I still like Sa2 version more. The character design is better for my taste, The presence of SOAP shoes and that the moon just looks right. On the new screenshot it's too yellow, like some piece of cheese.

It might look better, in motion, like a lot of things in this game.

I kinda prefer the moon yellow, for some reason, I didn't like how they made the moon so radiantly bright...doesn't seem normal considering the realistic atmosphere they were going for at the time. Yellow moons fit the cartoony feel Generations is bringing up I think.

And is it me...or is this the only boss fight where Sonic is the most serious?

I mean, it makes sense in hindsight, considering he might have gotten to this fight earlier than before (Which could explain the full moon.) And somehow Shadow has gained the boost and some new moves at his disposal. (Via Time Eater?) Shadow was Sonic's most prominent and dangerous rival in SA2, and now that Shadow is back, and stronger than before.

I could be reading into this too much, but Sonic's facial expressions during the fight tell me something.