Awoo.

Sonic Generations: New Screenshots and Arts [Archive]

Woun

Our Game Master Magazine (Nr. 11/11, Nov. 2011) released today and in their preview are 2 interesting pictures.

dsc_0006j11v.jpg dsc_0007f1rk.jpg

One of them shows the Omochao-Shop, where you can buy abilities with your skill points.

The other one shows Modern & Classic Sonic in the Hub World, I think.

• Thumbs Up 3

Thanks! :)

Ha ha! Wentos' Chao puppet (Chaoa? I forget its name) is on the stall XD

Our Game Master Magazine (Nr. 11/11, Nov. 2011) released today and in their preview are 2 interesting pictures.

dsc_0006j11v.jpg dsc_0007f1rk.jpg

One of them shows the Omochao-Shop, where you can buy abilities with your skill points.

The other one shows Modern & Classic Sonic in the Hub World, I think.

Thanks!

BTW, you can scan whole page?

On the Xbox Live Game Marketplace tab, there's a special Sonic Generations page. It has 2 new Rooftop Run screenshots, as well as the Dreamcast and Modern era trailers.

On the Xbox Live Game Marketplace tab, there's a special Sonic Generations page. It has 2 new Rooftop Run screenshots, as well as the Dreamcast and Modern era trailers.

Someone could post them...?

I wonder if it'll show any open paths...

Eh, you can't really see anything since they're both 2D. One shows Modern Sonic wall jumping, the other has Classic Sonic doing a trick.

Edited by Neon

Regarding the Silver boss fight, I knew this was coming really. I actually thought before the shots were even released, "Hmm... with the new boosty Sonic, how would a Silver boss fight work? Let's see, he has the ability to fly with his kinesis... perhaps we will chase him while he's flying?"

And what do you know?

Honestly, I'm with most of you guys, this fight looks amazing regardless of the overuse of chase fights. But you know, from what I gather from each of Modern's fights, each one is clever in its own unique way. We have an idea of how Silver might go down, then there's what we've learned from the latest demo leaks exactly how the Shadow fight goes down, which is damn clever. With Egg Dragoon, it appears that there might be a skydiving section (awesome change-up for a boss fight!) and it even stops at one part where we saw the Egg Dragoon deploying those crusher plates/wall jump pads around Sonic. As far as the Perfect Chaos fight is concerned, from what we've gathered so far between the extreme slowing down of the boss trailer and what's been given away by a leak of that blabbermouth Omochao, you're definitely not boosting on a straightaway. The environment around you definitely comes into play. there are sections where you have to run alongside buildings to get to Chaos, as well as reaching springs to reach a high enough elevation to hit his brain fin... thing. Plus, if your target is stationary, you're technically not chasing it, you're approaching it. ;)

It's all very cleverly executed stuff, much better than all those boring chase battles from Unleashed. the mastermind behind this game needs to never leave, because this game is miles ahead of anything we've gotten for a long, long time.

Edited by crush40rocks

Wouldn't that be Iizuka, my friend?

I suppose it would, but then again, why did he wait this long to get creative? This rich, innovative gameplay around every turn has just exploded out of nowhere. Everything about this game is clever and brilliantly executed with perfect surgical precision. It's almost like there's some new mysterious mastermind that has taken over creative authority behind the scenes or something. It's like he usurped the Iizuka we know around the time Chemical Plant was almost complete.

Edited by crush40rocks

I love that Blaze is interacting with Cream in screenshot five.

Time Eaters design confuses me

Edited by Wearied Flames

My goodness!blink.png

Can't believe Blaze decided to just take a day off while her homeworld's only protector is her.

Ah who cares, i'm glad she's back!happy.png

Edited by Revlis1

Well, the Time Eater was just spoiled for me (At least they reveal him right at the start of the game, so it's not as big a spoiler), but looking at the bright side, I think it looks awesome. I am liking the different time holes it has on it's body that (from what it looks like) the characters are getting sucked into.

Can someone please translate this for me

荒れ果てた未来から、運命を変えるためにやってきた正義感の強いハリネズミ。

超能力の使い手で、空中飛行はお手のもの。さまざまな物をサイコキネシスで軽々と持ち上げ、ソニックにむかって投げ飛ばして攻撃してきます。

Can someone please translate this for me

荒れ果てた未来から、運命を変えるためにやってきた正義感の強いハリネズミ。

超能力の使い手で、空中飛行はお手のもの。さまざまな物をサイコキネシスで軽々と持ち上げ、ソニックにむかって投げ飛ばして攻撃してきます。

I used Google Translate so yeah...it'll sound odd.

From desolate future, a strong sense of justice hedgehog came to change the destiny.

In the user of supernatural power, the air flight oyster. Psychokinesis and lifting lightly withsomething different to attack Fling comes towards Sonic.

Edited by KrazyBean14

From desolate future, a strong sense of justice hedgehog came to change the destiny.

In the user of supernatural power, the air flight oyster. Psychokinesis and lifting lightly withsomething different to attack Fling comes towards Sonic.

Fling?

Edited by Revlis1

Ah, miscommunication! xD

In any case, it basically looks like it was written in point form.

In a paragraph with complete sentences and correct English, it should go a little along these lines:

From a desolate future, Silver is a hedgehog with a strong sense of justice who tries to change his world's fate.

He has unusual supernatural powers, such as the capability of flight. Silver uses his psychokinesis to attack Sonic by flinging various objects at him.

Obviously the oyster bit was an error in translation. This is practically what's been written.

Edited by VizardJeffhog

God, that picnic scene is the cutest thing ever. The sight of Rouge of all people helping to lug around a tray of chili dogs just warms my heart a little. Blaze and Cream talking in that one screenshot is a nice touch too. Will this be the first time we've seen so many characters gathered in one place since the end of '06?

The Time Eater is... very black? There's not much else to say about him, really; he's still very much in the standard monster-of-the-week mold. Maybe he's so black because there's something significant hidden underneath? We can only hope.

I'm also gonna keep pretending that the picnic happens at Never Lake, because dammit that just makes too much sense.

...dammit, of course I wouldn't notice the six pages of discussion in the Japanese site topic. You people.

Edited by Octarine