Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

Has anyone came across a rip of the music? Wanting all the Sonic tracks tried looking around earlier but couldnt find anything

Its all over youtube, many has ripped it. I actually downloaded my soundtrack from youtube so you can find it easily.

Super Mario Wiki has some shit low-quality screencaps of every suit.

If someone gave me a complete save file for the PAL version of the game I could probably get some super clean screenshots of each suit in an emulator, since I can't record off my Wii well.

You should be blaming Espio for the lack of story mode, Barry. Eggman WAS working on an invisibilty machine to take over London with, but some purple shit came along and broke it, completely averting it.

• Thumbs Up 1

You should be blaming Espio for the lack of story mode, Barry. Eggman WAS working on an invisibilty machine to take over London with, but some purple shit came along and broke it, completely averting it.

Story allusions for the DS version, perhaps? Last time the Wii version of Winter Games did take place after the DS version.

Story allusions for the DS version, perhaps? Last time the Wii version of Winter Games did take place after the DS version.

Maybe, but then it brings up the question of why Eggman was doing it on his own. His usual partner in crime was too busy stealing stone tablets and asking you to beat the living daylights out of other players with shells to work on an evil scheme.

• Thumbs Up 1

In the aftermath of Eggman and Bowser's foiled scheme from Mario & Sonic 2 DS, Mario & Sonic 2 Wii shows them as having gone their separate ways for the remainder of the Winter Olympic Games. They don't really socialize with one another aside from the instances in which they were paired up on the same team for an event or when they just happened to bump into one another in Christmas Village. In those instances they showed good chemistry with one another, but they weren't nearly as close as they were both during and before the events of the Adventure Tours.

If that's anything to go by, their completely individualized ventures in London Party may be due to something that happened during the 2012 Adventure Tours that re-muddied the waters of their friendship again.

In the aftermath of Eggman and Bowser's foiled scheme from Mario & Sonic 2 DS, Mario & Sonic 2 Wii shows them as having gone their separate ways for the remainder of the Winter Olympic Games. They don't really socialize with one another aside from the instances in which they were paired up on the same team for an event or when they just happened to bump into one another in Christmas Village. In those instances they showed good chemistry with one another, but they weren't nearly as close as they were both during and before the events of the Adventure Tours.

If that's anything to go by, their completely individualized ventures in London Party may be due to something that happened during the 2012 Adventure Tours that re-muddied the waters of their friendship again.

I knew their friendship couldn't last, lest their egos got in their way in which it sounds like that it did.

Maybe Eggman is angry that Bowser wouldn't pay him for supplying him with the materials for Neo Bowser City. Or giving him credit. :P

I wonder how Eggman's chemistry with the other characters has held up?

And doubly post again for more factoids!

Factoid #6; Knuckles is enthusiastic, wild and a man's man!

Factoid #7; Eggman will sometimes skip meals to tinker on his machines. New diet plan?

Factoid #8; I swear there's a sly reference to Fang in there..."Knuckles is a sniper...I mean treasure hunter, right?"

"He likes music too, but he's not as good at that" ~ Shy Guy, on Vector. He's good at solving mysteries, not dancing or studying or sleeping.

Tails Sky Patrol's mint candy thing is even more canon now.

Looks like Shy Guy wouldn't mind making Tails' tails into a scarf.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Who does he voice again? Knuckles?

Yep. There are times where he sounds fine, and then there are other clips where he doesn't even sound like Knuckles.

Hmm, to be honest I'm fine if he doesn't sound like his Knuckles voice, because to be frank, I don't like his Knuckles voice.

Edited by Christmas MaRCELLOF

"He likes music too, but he's not as good at that" ~ Shy Guy, on Vector. He's good at solving mysteries, not dancing or studying or sleeping.

So he's not good with piano/keyboard like it was mentioned?

I mentioned that the game said he doesn't play the keyboard specifically earlier, it looks like that's just to establish that this extends to every area of music. He just likes listening to it and thinks he can sing (when he can't).

Hmm, to be honest I'm fine if he doesn't sound like his Knuckles voice, because to be frank, I don't like his Knuckles voice.

But when he doesn't sound like Knuckles, he sounds like Vector. Totally unfitting.

Speaking of Vector (AGAIN), it's thrown another genuinely cautious question out.

"Which is the tallest of these characters?"

The options are Sonic, Knuckles, Eggman and Vector. Goodness, Eggman's only 5cm taller, could easily catch someone out.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Do we know any significant differences in the 3DS and Wii versions?

Does the 3DS version have an actual story? Different events? etc.

Yes to both. There's a confirmed story mode (although we don't know any further details on it) and it has at least some different events (like Judo).

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, okay. Thanks for answering.

Although, I still want to know why the hell they don't take the time to update the graphics and character models and their expressions a bit in the Wii version.

You'd also think they'd give the console version a story mode for itself. Boggles the mind...

3DS version is not to be released until February of 2012. Why it is being released about three months apart from the Wii version is still mindboggling to me.

Edited by Kintobor
  • Thumbs Up 1

3DS version is not to be released until February of 2012. Why it is being released about three months apart from the Wii version is still mindboggling to me.