Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

So how is this doing in the sales department? It looks like it has more of a leg up then Generations.

• 2 weeks later...

3 New Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games 3DS Images

News · Posted on December 22, 2011 by Shadzter

UK video game retailer GAME has some new promotional display cases in their stores for various upcoming Nintendo 3DS titles, and one of them is the Nintendo 3DS version of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. On the back of the case are three new screenshots showing the Cycling event, the Football/Soccer event and what appears to be a cutscene from the game’s Story Mode featuring Sonic, Tails, Charmy, Mario and Luigi. You can view some photos of the images in our gallery below.

Mario-Sonic-London-2012-3DS-Display-Case-1-1024x768.jpg

Mario-Sonic-London-2012-3DS-Display-Case-2-1024x768.jpg

Mario-Sonic-London-2012-3DS-Display-Case-3-1024x768.jpg

http://www.sonicstad...mes-3ds-images/

• Thumbs Up 6

Awesome sauce! Now we get cutscenes? :D could end up cheesy or amazing, oh well we dont need a way too complicated story, last time was enjoyable although it was simple.

After my brother got the DS version of the Winter Olympics, I feel really disappointed with the Wii version. It seems like the Wii version just lazily slapped together a campaign while the DS version had a full blown out RPG styled story. The addition of 2012 Wii Exclusive modes might balance out the 3DS Story mode. I just wonder what the story will be like this time around.

Having a story mode is really nice, yeah, but that doesn't make up such repetitive gameplay:

Im sorry, but that doesn't look like fun at all.

Edited by Thigolf

Yeah thats right, thats what I hate about the 3DS version, no Mario tennis style Badminton? even the DS one had complete table tennis, cant believe that. Oh well theres still some events that are good, like Judo and stuff. Cant wait to see footage of the story mode.

I have been having a lot of fun with this game over Christmas. I have gold medals on everything, except one thing.

Despite all my effort, I cannot figure out how to do perfect syncronized swimming. It's the 'mark ryhthm' moves.

I can do the poses and everything else just fine.

But those moves that start out in one pose and then gradually swing to another pose - I can't get them.

I've tried doing them in varying speeds but no matter what I do, the game says I"m always off rhythm. Any suggestions?

Got this game for christmas. It's way better than the others

Edited by Nerdy-Hedgehog

The Wii version has no story whatsoever but the events all look fun.

The 3DS version has some type of story and the events, so far, look meh.

I'm leaning on the Wii version.

Waluigi told me in Party Mode that he was looking for Espio so he can pelt him with shells.

That is first class trolling.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah...from Espio as he'd asked him to do that and won't let him*.

He does that with Peach as well, and he just generally trolls Eggman, Silver and Tails anyway.

*Not that it matters, because the Espio minigame doesn't even use shells, that aspect must have been dropped late on. Espio still give you all shell-based minigames to play himself, though.

I've been playing M&S after I got it for Christmas and I'm enjoying it.

It's strange that for years we haven't heard the Palmtree Panic track, then in 3 Sonic games in a row, there it is! (Generations, M&S and CD(4 if you include Dimperations, 5 if it's also on M&S 3DS)

Also noticed something I didn't in the first M&S, and that is, Dr. Eggman is so tall that because of his long legs, he practically can step over the hurdles.

I also learned that Metal Sonic can swim. That's embarrassing when your robot clone can swim and you can't.

I do kinda wish there was some secret characters though. Sure you can dress up your Mii like Espio and Charmy, while having there stats, but it's just not the same.

Also playing rhythmic gymnastics as Wario...is just plain weird...

• Thumbs Up 1

Also playing rhythmic gymnastics as Wario...is just plain weird...

Next Olympic game, (When they should be making an action platformer speed platformer platformer instead)

Events they should have? More Gymnastics! I wanna see balancing, graceful flips, and giant, obnoxious pink things everywhere.

Ballerina routines, and Dream Ballerina would be chaining a random bystander in a chair and forcing him to watch your team of characters such as Dr.Eggman, Bowser, Vector, and Donkey Kong do Swan Lake.

it will be glorious.

• Thumbs Up 1

They used Swan Lake in Olympics Winter, I doubt they'd use it again.

Same reason they probably won't use the Blue Danube again, as awesome as I find it...

Ooh, maybe they could use the Venus movement from the Planets suite? It'd be hilarious to watch macho guys dance to such a romantic song!

• Thumbs Up 1

ok, the trilogy is complete, I really don't think the next game will be another olympic one. Anyway I don't think Nintendo would let Mario Join with Sonic again in this kind of game for the 4th time. Time to do something different, and the best option would be a Mario VS Sonic fighting game...

sorry I can't resist

Sonic Team

Speed: Sonic, Shadow, Metal S., Blaze, Classic S.

Power: Knuckles, Vector, Big, Omega, Shade

All Around: Amy, Espio, Jet, Rouge, Emerl

Skill: Eggman, Tails, Silver, Cream, Wave

referee, npc: Charmy, Chip, Chaos', animals, Omochao

Cameo: Tikal, Storm, Gamma, Marine, Froggy, Vanilla

Boss: Eggman Nega, Chaos 0, Lord Ix, Classic Eggman

Mario Team

Speed: Yoshi, Daisy, Birdo, Toad, Baby Mario

Power: Bowser, Wario, DK, Rosalina, Petey

All Around: Mario, Luigi, Bowser Jr, Dixie Kong, Wendy Koopa

Skill: Peach, Waluigi, Toadsworth, P. Gadd , King Boo

referee/npc: Lakitu, Koopa, Shy Guy, Toadette

Cameo: Tiny Kong, Hammer Bro, Dry Bones, Shy Guy, Goomba

Boss: Dry Bowser, Bullet Bill, Ludwing Von Koopa, Shadow Mario

• Thumbs Up 1

It didn't stop Nintendo lending out their character for tons of sports and party titles. The olympics are a great seller and they don't do too bad with the critics so I don't see why they would stop the series.

• Thumbs Up 1

It didn't stop Nintendo lending out their character for tons of sports and party titles. The olympics are a great seller and they don't do too bad with the critics so I don't see why they would stop the series.

Hopefully this encourages to do something with the Olympics then.

Although..Nintendo does make games that are at least decent but stagnant...

I just want a proper story mode. Maybe Wii-U Will fix that?

Speaking of which, when are SEGA going to release more details on the 3DS story mode? All we know about it now is that it exists, and that Charmy and Espio are in it.

Speaking of which, when are SEGA going to release more details on the 3DS story mode? All we know about it now is that it exists, and that Charmy and Espio are in it.

Per the Jan/Feb Nintendo Power, Eggman and Bowser pull a Maleficent (they weren't invited so they try to stop the fun) and everyone else has to stop their machines and beat them in the games. The personal interaction between the characters is labeled 'charming', and there are a couple of cutscenes to each episode of the story. Here's hoping they are proper cutscenes and not the nearly-static figures behind speech bubbles that Generations 3DS opted for. Overall score for the game of 7.0. Did we know that characters are event-specific? I don't recall hearing that before, and it certainly isn't typical of the series.

• Thumbs Up 1

By "Event-Specific" it might just be referring to how some of the characters and their classes are better suited to particular events (like Sonic in running), or even to how you can only challenge the Rivals in the one particular event. It'd be weird to suddenly start excluding characters from events after 5 games that let you use whoever was available :/

It's nice to hear that there's a decent amount of interaction between the casts though, I always thought that that was a strong point of the Adventure Tours, and I'm glad its continuing.

Hmm, just seeing fully-voiced cutscenes with interactions between the characters of each series may make this worth picking up over the Wii version...

Hmm, just seeing fully-voiced cutscenes with interactions between the characters of each series may make this worth picking up over the Wii version...

Did they say they were fully voiced cutscenes? Did I miss something?