Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

I'm curious, What would happen if Bowser and Eggman were playable characters in story mode from the start? Who would take over villain role?

I'm curious, What would happen if Bowser and Eggman were playable characters in story mode from the start? Who would take over villain role?

Edited by Kintobor

Do we know if the 3DS version is going to have exclusive events and music?

Don't know about music, but it's definitely got plenty of exclusive events. Wii version has 20 something events, while the 3DS version has over 55.

• Thumbs Up 1

That music almost seemed like one of those gag cutaways you sometimes come across in comedy shows.

I assume that they couldn't get the rights to Yakkety Sax.

Oh God, have you seen the description for the Kayak event over at the M&S microsite? It's Mario Party 1 all over again!

So uh...what other events have been revealed? I managed to catch some events on the newest trailer, like Soccer and Basketball. Sadly it seems it is yet again not a full mario strikers like match but just free kicks -__- ; Basketball is pretty much the same event from the first DS game, only its normal not dream. Can anyone post an updated list? Im actually now interested in buying this, at first I was skeptic but the wii version has barely something new. A lot of events + nice graphics and story mode is good enough for me. I need more 3DS games too. Ill attach the basketball and soccer screens if you wish to see for yourself.

msbasketball.png

mssoccer.png

Edited by dabbido

25339Story-Mode-5.jpg

Bowser and Eggman discover how rigged the ticketing system for the Olympics really is.

25341Story-Mode-51.jpg

Keep Tails away from the Egyptian section... they have an exhibit on mummified animals.

25317Story-Mode-3.jpg

This screenshot is innacurate... you can't see stars due to the polution.

25305Story-Mode-19.jpg

Owww the tower of london... I've been there... Also who wants to be the one to photo shop the London Riots behind Sonic & Tails in that one?

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh cool, ANOTHER Sonic n Tails only adventure (now with the Mario Bros!)

Yes I know I'm jumping to conclusions, hope more characters get in in the fun.

Oh cool, ANOTHER Sonic n Tails only adventure (now with the Mario Bros!)

Yes I know I'm jumping to conclusions, hope more characters get in in the fun.

They do. Here are two old story mode screens we only had up until now.

Mario-Sonic-London-2012-3DS-Display-Case-3-1024x768.jpg

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/12/3-new-mario-sonic-at-the-london-2012-olympic-games-3ds-images/

Charmy and what looks like Espio's shoe on the right.

Mario-Sonic-at-the-London-2012-Olympic-Games-3DS-January-Screenshots-13.jpg

Blaze, Amy, Daisy, Peach and Toad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whats so wrong about a Sanic and Tawls story again?

Well, we've just had two back-to-back Sanic&Tawls stories already. Time for a change of pace, I say.

I agree, Sega should just scrap Sonic :V

Mario and Tails at the London Olympic Games

Starring sidekicks: Luigi and Knuckles

• Thumbs Up 6

I noticed that it said Sonic Episode 1, will that mean that different characters will have different stories?

Eeeee! Story modo screenshots of a sequel to one of my favorite games ever! Yaaay~!

Wow, it's so nice to see how much the 3DS has improved over the DS in terms of graphics. It looks like the console and portable versions are using the same character models! Cool!

As for the concerns over "Sonic & Tails only story baaaw", I really doubt that will be the case here. The screens that we are seeing appear to be from the very beginning of the story, and to be frank the game's being generous by giving you both Luigi and Tails from the start this time around. You had to recruit them individually in the last one! But yeah, if the past outing was anything to go by, you should have a party consisting of over twenty by the time that the game's over, and that's not counting all of the other NPCs you'll meet while on the way. Crossing my fingers to see every character represented as a suit in the Wii version make an appearance here.

Hopefully the character-centric minigames make a return from the last game! Not only were they fun in their own right, but they also gave each team member some time in the limelight by letting them demonstrate their own unique abilities in order to advance the story with a puzzle that only they could solve. Whether it be Tails' repairing of a broken gate with his mechanical skills, Wario vs. the Chain Chomp, or Knuckles' mad glacier punching QTE, they were all pretty awesome.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

If youre lazy heres all of the 300+ screens: http://www.sonicstad...ds-screenshots/

Rejoice people! only badmington singles was about you and only you trying to hit the ball on different angles. The first screens show us doubles. I just wish it was button controled but it looks like it will be stylus only!

25138BadmintonDoubles_SOE-6.jpg

The story looks better than ever!

Edited by dabbido

Whether it be Tails' repairing of a broken gate with his mechanical skills, Wario vs. the Chain Chomp, or Knuckles' mad glacier punching QTE, they were all pretty awesome.

Vector's minigame was answering piss-easy quiz questions because Charmy wouldn't let him through. That wasn't awesome. :<

Vector's minigame was answering piss-easy quiz questions because Charmy wouldn't let him through. That wasn't awesome. :<

Edited by dabbido

A Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games Demo will be available today for 3DS on the eShop.

Edited by WhiteandNerdy-Hedgehog

Yup! cant wait to download it :3 Hope its more like Resident evil, where you can play a lot of stuff for a demo, I dont want just a single event to be playable :/ Heres hoping they give us at least 5 events and a peek at story mode.

Yup! cant wait to download it :3 Hope its more like Resident evil, where you can play a lot of stuff for a demo, I dont want just a single event to be playable :/ Heres hoping they give us at least 5 events and a peek at story mode.