Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

If they have Retail cases, doesnt that mean you are able to purchase it?

No, they're retail display cases. Before now they had different pre-order display cases that had this back cover:

Mario-Sonic-London-2012-3DS-Display-Case-1.jpg

They seem to express themselves quite festively. I'm dying to find out if the rest of the cutscenes will hold interesting interactions.

Would be funny if it pulled a Generations and only made the villains and the VERY MAIN Heroes (Sonic, Tails, Mario, Luigi) remotely interesting or relevant to the plot.

Oh my lawdy, that cutscene looks freaking amazing. I can't wait to see more!

More interesting plot than Sonic Generations confirmed?

Awesome sauce I love the expressions and movements looks like the "cutscenes" will be quite enjoyable. Wow I cant believe it they are showing us all the events right here! (Dont click if you want it to be a surprise) http://www.nintendo....list/index.html

Amazing! all 57 events are there but.....oh... wait THERES NO DREAM EVENTS!!!! ohmy.png I was wondering why they didnt show us any one yet. ;_; ...oh well thats a lot of events and most of them look like fun. That and story mode will make up for it. Now that Ive seen all events I think most of my favorites are in the "court and field games" section. Seriously, Beach Volleyball, Table Tennis, Tennis, Handball, Basketball, Hockey, Soccer and Badminton (doubles, cause singles sucks) Also it looks like we get not only boxing, but taekwondo and wrestling too! <3 me likes :)

Edited by dabbido

Nearly all the games look more like quick time events than actual mini games. That's fine for a few games, but nearly all of them are like that. I want a sports minigame collection, not a reaction test. It seems like they planned some QTEs for the events, but scrapped them and use them now as full games for the 3DS Version. I probably won't pick this up. Also, no dream events? Why would you cut out the best part of the game?? (in my opinion) The dream events of the Wii Version are amazing and so much fun to play and the 3DS Version has... none. That is really disappointing.

Cutscene looks neat, but the games in the 3DS version look awful to me. I'll just youtube the story bits. I didn't even really like the story to the DS Winter Olympics very much to be honest.

Also don't know if it's been mentioned but the Wii version sold around 2.5 million so far. Heavily outselling Sonic Generations with both 360/PS3 combined. I guess that means we'll be seeing another in 2 years.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hopefully this will be the final Mario and Sonic Olympics title in the series. If it's not then it's the last game for me cause I'm done, I'm not planning on buying anymore after this. I'm going to wait until they release something else with Mario and Sonic, hopefully a platformer or a fighter

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have to say, this is the only Mario & Sonic Olympic Title I have truly enjoyed and can play more than twice. Though, I do wish they actually had some type of online mode. =U

I'm kind of curious where they'll go from here. They're probably not gonna stop the games any time soon, but I can't see it going beyond a few more games.

2008 Beijing Olympics: First game, introduce the concept

2010 Vancouver (Winter) Olympics: Improve upon the formula, add a pseudo story mode(full fledged one on the DS), replace random "waggle" with more interesting controls, more interesting dream events and more/better content in general.

2012 London Olympics: Apply most of the Winter Olympics stuff to the Summer Olympics style, replace the console "story" mode with a party mode, add actual cutscenes to the 3DS story mode.

What will happen for the next ones? I can predict the next two maybe, but I can see them reaching a limit pretty soon...

2014 Sochi (Winter) Olympics: Bring the Mario & Sonic series to the HD world, adjust to the new features of the WiiU, perhaps add online. Introduce the 3DS to the Winter Olympics for the first time, perhaps bring back dream events to it.

2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics: Apply Sochi Olympics engine to the Summer Olympics, tweak using better knowledge of the WiiU. 3DS will probably seem as refined as it can get, perhaps more dream events.

Perhaps we'll be close to a new console by then, but that's about when I can see the Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games series growing stale, myself, but I can't see them throwing it away if it makes a lot of money and the official Olympic people like them having it out there to promote/educate the games to gamers and kids.

I got the Wii version as a Christmas gift and haven't put much time into it. I can safely say I'm finished with the Olympics series. For me the thrill is gone.

To be honest I never liked this Olympic game series even though I somewhat liked Winter Olympics [and I think I'll like a new one if it is ever made], but a new Sonic and Mario game in Russia? DO WANT! xD

Yay, 1000 posts xD

Edited by ArtFenix

Yeah most of them are more like mini-games, but still they are fun and not all of em are too short. I had fun with BMX and Soccer honestly and cant wait to play the rest. And story mode looks fantastic. Although I have the feeling it wont be about exploring the world now :/ more like cutscene > mario mission>sonic mission>more missions> cutscene. But still it offers much more than the wii version IMO.

Yeah most of them are more like mini-games, but still they are fun and not all of em are too short. I had fun with BMX and Soccer honestly and cant wait to play the rest. And story mode looks fantastic. Although I have the feeling it wont be about exploring the world now :/ more like cutscene > mario mission>sonic mission>more missions> cutscene. But still it offers much more than the wii version IMO.

• Thumbs Up 2

I see where youre getting at. But looking at it from an improvement point of view, it didnt improve too much and in fact it kinda takes some steps backwards. While the 3DS version improves on graphics, more events, other ways to play the events and a better looking story mode (as far as Ive seen) I find the dream events the best thing on the wii version and Im quite dissapointed that it didnt make it to the 3DS, that plus the improved controls is all I see new. Sure it does bring the London Party Mode but to be honest I find it kinda boring, they couldve so added story mode or at least circuit mode. but besides that I think it doesnt bring enough content to make me wanna buy it. And I agree with ya they should get the best of both versions to make an even better game for the WiiU :)

Sorry to double post, but today's issue of Metro had a mini-review of Mario & Sonic London 3DS. They enjoyed events where there was balance and blowing involved, the walking event seem a lot 'wackier' to them, they think it might be better for a laugh than the home console version, and their overall score was 3/5.

I don't have the issue in front of me so I can't recall anything else, sorry.

Just got the Wii version. Aside from the glitches (the game doesn't recognize the Wiimote in beach volleyball when you have to do the first throw, and the Long Jump pic and text get replaced by weird shit on the menu sometimes) it's not bad. Gotta try London Party though.