Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

I wonder if we'll keep getting a new one every two years. Honestly I'm pretty sick of them already. I kinda hope this one doesn't sell nearly as well as the past two and they decide to do something else with the crossovers.

I wonder if we'll keep getting a new one every two years. Honestly I'm pretty sick of them already. I kinda hope this one doesn't sell nearly as well as the past two and they decide to do something else with the crossovers.

As long as Sega has the Olympic Games license, they'll keep making them, so:

Get-used-to-it.jpg

As long as Sega has the Olympic Games license, they'll keep making them.

I don't doubt it. I was just wondering if they'll ever try something new if the Olympic games ever take a sales nose dive.

So long as these games continue to sell and they hold the license they'll keep making them. But it's up to Nintendo whether or not SEGA will be allowed to use Mario.

I don't doubt it. I was just wondering if they'll ever try something new if the Olympic games ever take a sales nose dive.

Boy, i been waiting for them to do a Mario and Sonic Kart Racer or a soccer game similar to the Mario Strikers games.

SOMETHING more interesting than these Olympics games.

So! I just arrived back home after my week long vacation only to find a copy of Mario & Sonic 3 snuggled cozily in my mailbox aside some delicious spam. Woo woo!

I just sat through the amazing intro and to my delight, was greeted with another welcome letter from Omochao! It brought a smile to my face two years ago, and it brought another smile to my face just now. Its these tiny little things that I just love.

Also the music in this game confirmed for being 20% cooler than the previous two, if the main theme and main menu music is anything to go by! That's some catchy stuff, right there!

EDIT: Holy snap! The Mii system's been totally revamped, and there's loads of new stuff to choose from if the background is to go by! Link's tunic? Ha ha, awesome! It also looks like they've gone all Team Fortress 2 on us you can now create costume loadouts, to switch outfits with ease! That's actually pretty useful, seeing as outfits do alter your stats (if the last game was anything to go by, at least.)

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 2

You think THAT'S amazing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNXdjgo96BQ

YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET! biggrin.png

Tsssh. I was just about to post that on here since it just came into my in-box. I have to give major thanks to Clement and his rampant Eggman fanboyism for stealing my YouTube idea posting up exactly what I wanted.

The glorious Eggman. Tremble at his feminine grace. Cower at his synchronized swimming.

I've been having loads of fun with this here game! Red Shy Guy confirmed for best character in the game. He wants to have a lead role so bad.

"I don't have a leading role like you guys, so here I am hosting this trivia quiz."*

London Party Mode is, as I had anticipated, leagues above its predecessors. Unlike the previous game, it actually has quite some substantial replay value! There's loads of party games and NPCs that pop up at random to mix things up a bit, and the sticker collection is pretty expansive. You'll definitely have to play a bit in order to collect them all. The credit card system has also been done away with, and replaced with scratch cards! I'm not sure which out of the two I like better yet, though.

Also, the supporting cast has been extended quite a bit! Kamek, Orbot, Cubot, Spinners, and Cheep-Cheeps have been added to the mix. The other two Babylon Rogues as well as Emerl, out of all people, have also appeared in costume form. Not sure if they appear themselves yet, though! It's a genuine possibility, if Chaos Zero and Birdo's appearances in the previous game as VIPs was anything to go by.

I'm sure there's plenty of more surprises that await! Still waiting to see if some of the other features of the previous games make a return!

* - Speaking of which, there's some relatively obscure trivia in there! Knuckles' love of grapes, for one.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 3

So do the scratch cards just unlock random things? Without a card system how do you buy various goodies?

I wanted to buy the game, but I don't feel up to making a trip to the store. It will probably have to wait until I go out for Generations 3DS.

So do the scratch cards just unlock random things? Without a card system how do you buy various goodies?

I wanted to buy the game, but I don't feel up to making a trip to the store. It will probably have to wait until I go out for Generations 3DS.

With scratch cards, you scratch two squares in hopes to get a pair to win a free prize. If you fail, it becomes a blank card in which you can use to purchase other items. 1 blank card can get you a music track, 5 a clothing item, and 10 will get you a shiny new costume!

Still not entirely sure how you go about earning them, though. I have six right now, but I'm not entirely sure what for. Four more and I can get an Egg Pawn costume! Eeee!

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 2

"I lost?! I don't see how you stayed focused with ME swimming next to you. I'll turn your head next time!"

-Rouge Birdo

Haha! The dialogue in this game's pretty awesome too, very reminiscent of Mario & Sonic 2DS and Free Riders. Something tells me Otake's back!

It's also worth noting that every character has the same exact lines as the past two titles, except just re-recorded with the new actors (oddly enough, Pollock did too - Eggman's considerably gruffer than beforehand). Great for side-by-side comparisons!

Also this game takes place before Generations, if ages are anything to go by.

This game officially has everything.

As if the godly OST wasn't enough.

Edited by HunterTSF

It's also worth noting that every character has the same exact lines as the past two titles, except just re-recorded with the new actors (oddly enough, Pollock did too - Eggman's considerably gruffer than beforehand). Great for side-by-side comparisons!

Edited by Kintobor

Have no idea, actually! I have yet to bump into the opportunity to face off with Nega, much to my dismay.

I did, however, find his theme song in the Jukebox. My body... it wasn't ready. They remixed one of my all time favorite boss tracks in the entire series, and I will forever love them for it.

Also Rouge and Birdo's new themes are pretty great too. Can anybody make out any the words in Rouge's? Or am I just hearing things?

As soon as lectures are over, I'm taking the next bus into town to pick this up, and have a clear weekend to have a play with it. :)

Finally encountered Eggman Nega, and yes, he indeed does have a new take on his voice! Whilst Eggman's is deeper and gruffer, Nega's is lighter and more robust. It's like they've switched vocal cords or something.

Also, his dialogue is glorious. All of his backganded compliments start off as incredibly thoughtful, over the top praise/history lesson only to transform into a cruel unexpected stab in the back when you least expect it. It's a truly beautiful thing. Here's one of his snippets, paraphrased. (I regret not transcribing the actual text D:)

"Your swordsmanship reminded me of the medieval warriors that roamed this very countryside, many many years ago. The knights of Britain were regarded as the most elite swordsmen during this time. Only the most noble of persons were granted such an honourable title. They must have possessed intelligence, swiftness, and courage... in other words, people like me! Hehehe! Until we meet again, adieu!"

Also, I'll add that the AI in this game is incredibly more difficult than its predecessors'. Unlike the previous two in which you could clear the entirety Circuit and Festival without losing a single round, you'll actually lose quite a bit here. I say this because I am losing. A lot.

EDIT: Holy Mackerel, Scout! Those statements earlier that stated that all of the Costumes in the game are accessible from the start are nothing but lies and slander. Aside from that ridiculously large starting selection, you can unlock new ones! I just got a Larry Koopa Suit and Cream Suit for accomplishing some sorts of challenges or something. Awesome!

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Welp, by the looks of the footage, the Chaotix fangirl in me will be totally satisfied tonight. Now, to spam the hell out of the Espio and Charmy su--

I just got a Larry Koopa Suit

*Koopa Troopa fangirl initiated*

Aw crud, now I've got two inner fangirls to appease. Thanks SEGA. >:/

Edit: E.Gadd (member on SoA, not the actual character :/) found a Marine suit, too!

Edited by VEDJ-F

More of Eggman being glorious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9WtQ7Rd_R0

CURSE YOU VIDEO NINJAAAAAAA! *shakes fist*

A Larry Koopa suit? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. That is awesome.

Edit: I must see this glorious Eggman-Nega in action. I wonder why they decided to change his voice again?

All this Nega action is making me wish for an AR code.

EDIT: The Mario Wiki has the 3DS version listed as having a Story Mode. I don't know if that's completely true, but if anyone does have details let us know.

Edited by Kintobor