Awoo.

SUPAH MAREO THREE DEE ESS

HunterTSF

This is true, they should have topped you back up to Super Mario after each level.

I also hate that, even though I've 100% completed the game now, the Toad houses never re-appear. 8C I was hoping a final bonus would be to unlock the ability to just grab a power-up whenever I like as in New Super Mario Bros.

The Toad houses reappear through Streetpass - at least I got one back via the only person I know who has a 3DS and Mario 3DS. Had her Mii's face on it so I'd know it was a gift. Oddly, it was stuck in World 5 or 6 even though I was on S1-7 and she was only up to 1-3. Am now in Philadelphia for training and there's a mall around here somewhere. Maybe I can score a Streetpass hit or two while I'm here.

After testing it out, once you get five sparkly stars, from that point on in that save file, you can die as many times as you wish, and you won't lose your sparkling stars.

I really hate how you lose the sparkles just from having the assist blocks appear. They're utterly pointless, but it's still silly to be punished, even if it's in a minuscule way, to just have it appear. You should only lose the sparkles if you actually use the invincible Tanooki Suit/P-Wing.

Also, I've gotten four stars, but I'm putting the game down for a bit before going for the fifth. I really enjoyed it, but I'm not in the mood to

beat every level again with Luigi

right now.

Edited by Ekaje

Well, after waiting two weeks, my order of Mario 3D Land has arrived!

It's a really fun game, I love how the level design is retro and modern at the same time, and I'm also shocked by how challenging this game is becoming. At World 4, and I'm disappointed that Bowser has only been one boss battle, and the rest have been Boom-Boom. But the fake mushrooms/enemies and quirky levels cheered me up from that disappointment.

One thing I really hate is how they took out the backwards jump. That really messed me up in alot of places where it could've saved my life.

Well, after waiting two weeks, my order of Mario 3D Land has arrived!

It's a really fun game, I love how the level design is retro and modern at the same time, and I'm also shocked by how challenging this game is becoming. At World 4, and I'm disappointed that Bowser has only been one boss battle, and the rest have been Boom-Boom. But the fake mushrooms/enemies and quirky levels cheered me up from that disappointment.

One thing I really hate is how they took out the backwards jump. That really messed me up in alot of places where it could've saved my life.

Anyone else completed the final final world/stage and found the first part harder than the second? or for a real challenge completed it without having used an power? because that would drive me insane.

God this game must be selling tons, I live in a small college town in IL and both the Wal-Mart and Gamestop are sold out of 3D-Land, this hardly ever happens around here.

Anyone else completed the final final world/stage and found the first part harder than the second? or for a real challenge completed it without having used an power? because that would drive me insane.

I agree the final part is slightly easier. At first I just thought I was having an adrenaline rush from FINALLY getting past the halfway point.

But nope, haven't done it as normal Mario. Just can't do that double Paragoomba stomp after the pixel perfect breakable block jumping without a Tanooki suit...

Edited by JezMM

God this game must be selling tons, I live in a small college town in IL and both the Wal-Mart and Gamestop are sold out of 3D-Land, this hardly ever happens around here.

It already sold 1 million in 2 weeks. For a 3DS game, thats REALLY good so far. But Mario will always sell very well.

I played this at Gamestop the other day.

Oh my gosh, it's incredible. Makes me wish I had a 3DS.

Final level is kicking my ass, even with the Tanooki. I'll try more later, but first some Mario Kart!

Yeah, pretty much. Apart from the final level where precision is everything, Luigi makes everything easier again. He also has a fox suit instead of the tanooki one everyone else wears.

^ I did notice there was more to the eco-cover grid than what you can see but never thought to reverse the cover. That is a nice bonus.

I really dig that they produced both 3D and 2D artwork for the game. It's a nice throwback.

Oh god, RAGE.

I must have spent over two whole hours on that final goddamned secret stage. I swear, it's one of the most cruelly sadistic pieces of crap I've ever played. D: In any case, I did it as both Mario and Luigi, and got the gold flag.

I check my save file, and my five stars aren't shiny.

Jez then tells me that you only get the shiny stars if you never had any of the 'help' item blocks appear- basically, meaning you never died more than five times in any one level in the regular worlds.

...what a total crock of shit.

How is it fair to have a (arguably optional) 100% clear requirement that you can fail irreversibly at a very early stage in the game, without even telling you? =/ Meaning I poured all these hours into '100%ing' my file, only to learn upon completion that I failed a 'true' 100% within the first few hours of playing the game. And no way am I going to start over and 100% the whole game from scratch just for shiny stars. But at the same time, it bugs me.

On an unrelated note, just how many star medallions can be obtained via Streetpass purple blocks? I'm on 319 at the moment.

Does the spine still have the title of the game on the 2D cover?
It does in the USA(Just looked at my copy). Not sure about Europe though.

On an unrelated note, just how many star medallions can be obtained via Streetpass purple blocks? I'm on 319 at the moment.

I'm pretty sure you can eventually get enough to max it out, since purple blocks return after a time. Not that it really matters, since StreetPass block Star Coins don't count towards the star you get for collecting all of them in the stages.

Edited by Ekaje

Two things I found out about, One I like how they brought back the super jump from Mario 2, and a cool thing to do is when you're near those dandelions, or when you see some on the screen, blow into the mic, and they'll all scatter around.

Useless but a nice little feature none the less.

Edited by Saint Mike Dawson