Awoo.

Tomb Raider - Out 05/03/2013 for X360/PS3/PC

Shaddix Leto Croft

For food?

Using the word loot makes it sound like you would be stealing items from them, though :P

I like that the pre-release info is making a big deal about Lara's first killing a human being, and then there's achievements for killing over a hundred people with various firearms.

I'd buy it in Tomb Raider Anniversary where Lara barely kills anyone, but I doubt it'll work in this one.

I like that the pre-release info is making a big deal about Lara's first killing a human being, and then there's achievements for killing over a hundred people with various firearms.

I'd buy it in Tomb Raider Anniversary where Lara barely kills anyone, but I doubt it'll work in this one.

Yeah, in TR1 Lara gets incredibly upset when she kills Larson near the end, the first human she's ever killed. Comeater games, like Legend, almost every enemy is human and she shoots them willy nilly.

It really, really bothers me that this game is getting such a positive reception. It looks like a good game in its own right, but nobody seems to care that its Tomb Raider. It's quite a shame to be honest, cause it means the Tomb Raider series we've known for years is dead and burried.

• 3 weeks later...

Fast Travel?

So like Assassin's Creed 3? :P

Hmm.. I'm really not sure how I feel about this. I love the old Tomb Raider games, and found the Crystal Dynamics trilogy kinda OK... but this just leaves me cold for some reason. I liked running around the world ransacking various locations. This just feels like Lost: featuring Lara Croft.

What the heck, I'll probably still get it! :D

Still not a fan of the New Laura, but the gameplay is looking more and more interesting. I just might pick this up. 

The more I look at this, the more I think of Far Cry 3 with the whole brutal survival and killing animals and stealthing about, also how Lara seems to get the living snot kicked out of her by everything is similar to the shit Jason Brody goes through (Protagonist from FC3) the only difference is this is 3rd person and FC is first, hell there's even Parkour which Jason also does.

It looks impressive, but it's definitely not Tomb Raider to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't have so much of a problem with this if more characters were shown as vulnerable as this. I mean seriously. She can't even land without grunting in pain. I trust Rhianna as she makes great female characters and I always thought the previous Lara Croft was a tabula rosa, but they probably should have made a new IP. There is no reason to believe that this game wouldn't be more successful without the Tomb Raider name. Hell, it seems to be holding it back if anything.

And here comes the sickened replies in 3....2....1.....

Source of that gif, it was part of an 11 minute walkthrough: 

4:20

For a second there I thought the title said "Mastery escape video"
then I thought back to the gif and it made me lol.

Source of that gif, it was part of a new 11 minute walkthrough: 

4:20

Should I feel bad at how hard I laughed at this because of how pathetic it was?