Awoo.

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: NEW SONIC VOICE CAST

Woun

I like Shadow's actor as a voice, but not as an actor. I'm just finishing listening to Team Dark's story and the tone of voice NEVER changes. When I read the section where Shadow told Sonic 'I'll end YOU' i expected some real rivalry emotion, but there's none of that all in that line or anywhere for that matter. He sounds like a robot, it's terrible.

Yeah, Shadow's voice is great but thaaaaaaat aaaaaacting juuuuuuuust isn't. Maybe that'll change come the next game with real cutscenes. It's like he's just taking the serious part of Shadow's nature too seriously, resulting in an emotionless performance. Kinda funny that's he's next to Rouge who's got some of the best acting now.

"Ugh, fine. OOH!~ You over there! You here by yourself, handsome?"

Edited by Blue Blood

Yeah, Shadow's voice is great but thaaaaaaat aaaaaacting juuuuuuuust isn't. Maybe that'll change come the next game with real cutscenes. It's like he's just taking the serious part of Shadow's nature too seriously, resulting in an emotionless performance. Kinda funny that's he's next to Rouge who's got some of the best acting now.

"Ugh, fine. OOH!~ You over there! You here by yourself, handsome?"

It get funny when you know who she voices, god I love VA jokes.

Silver is SO Quinton Flynn. Sounds exactly like him when he says "I'm not to be trifled with."

Agreed with Blaze, she also now sounds the princess part, and Silver is less whiny.

I still can't believe where SIlverstein is in all this, most voices of him struck me as very dark, but he sure like hell isn't Shadow.

How do you know? Because you recognize her voice or something?

I've heard Laura Bailey A lot of times, I'm 1000% sure its her. As Blaze I'm not really sure, she's most definitely Omochao.

Laura IS Omachao, listen to her voice of Hewpoe from Klonoa Wii. Same voice.

Considering Hewpoe totally looks like a Chao head, that's not bad.

Considering Hewpoe totally looks like a Chao head, that's not bad.

FFFUUU XD

In all honesty, I wondered about Klonoa's cast being in the Sonic series back then, like Klonoa's voice as Sonic's, Laura as Tails, etc.

Well she's in the game at least, voicing the other young boy character (Charmy being the third I guess, after Tails and Omochao).

Hey wait, Laura would've suited Charmy as well, hmm.

Yeah I'm going to wait for confirmation. Everyone was so sure about Wendy Lee or whatever being Amy, too.

FFFUUU XD

In all honesty, I wondered about Klonoa's cast being in the Sonic series back then, like Klonoa's voice as Sonic's, Laura as Tails, etc.

Well she's in the game at least, voicing the other young boy character (Charmy being the third I guess, after Tails and Omochao).

Hey wait, Laura would've suited Charmy as well, hmm.

Haha! Don't tell me you don't see it!

Speaking of Charmy though, so long as his new VA actually sings it should be alright. The ShTH voice sucked, but the real kicker was the actress never singing. It's what he's all about.

Yeah I'm going to wait for confirmation. Everyone was so sure about Wendy Lee or whatever being Amy, too.

Not really, it was just a Wikipedia edit.

Just listening to Team Rose's things on youtube. I just can't dislike anyone who has Amy say 'I just won with the power of LOOOOVEEE!' XD If all the voices are to this standard, then I'll be very happy.

Edit: This has also done the seemingly impossible feat of making me LIKE Omochao.

Edited by Gerkuman

I honestly can't tell a single difference in the voice for Knuckles. Meh.

Blaze's voice sounds a bit too formal to me. When she said "step aside" it worked for me, but her "you'll never be a match for me" line made it seem like she's on the highest horse imaginable. Blaze may have started out that way, but she mellowed out quite a bit at the end of Rush and in Rush Adventure. Her new voice kinda puts her back to square one.

And lol at Shadow. Trying waaaaay too hard to be cool. I remember cringing at his "I'm the coolest" line in SA2. His new voice is like hearing that 24/7.

The new VAs are good actors (most of them), but they are too extreme with their lines. It makes the characters seem one-dimensional. Amy's "cute" voice is so overdone, I can't picture it being done in a more serious moment. It would completely kill the mood if she opened her mouth.

Hopefully, they'll sound more natural and less stereotypical with time. Even the 4Kids actors improved eventually, so I'm sure these guys will do a better job later on.

Ah, this reminds me of the good old days when Sonic X first premiered and the fandom was going crazy trying to figure out who all the voices were.

I honestly can't tell a single difference in the voice for Knuckles. Meh.

Blaze's voice sounds a bit too formal to me. When she said "step aside" it worked for me, but her "you'll never be a match for me" line made it seem like she's on the highest horse imaginable. Blaze may have started out that way, but she mellowed out quite a bit at the end of Rush and in Rush Adventure. Her new voice kinda puts her back to square one.

And lol at Shadow. Trying waaaaay too hard to be cool. I remember cringing at his "I'm the coolest" line in SA2. His new voice is like hearing that 24/7.

The new VAs are good actors (most of them), but they are too extreme with their lines. It makes the characters seem one-dimensional. Amy's "cute" voice is so overdone, I can't picture it being done in a more serious moment. It would completely kill the mood if she opened her mouth.

Hopefully, they'll sound more natural and less stereotypical with time. Even the 4Kids actors improved eventually, so I'm sure these guys will do a better job later on.

Honestly, I LOVED his "I'm the coolest!" line in SA2. I thought it was totally awesome. ^^^

Actually, my girlfriend (whose an avid Shadow fan--even before I met her, mind you) loved his new voice until finding out that its the same voice as Saix. Now she says "I'll never be able to look at Shadow the same way again." She still likes the voice, though...

Personally, Amy and Jet are the main ones I don't care for. Vector is kinda weird, but not NEARLY as bad as Jimmy Zoppi/Carter Cathcart (is he actually the same person? I've heard a rumor that it was just an alias, but I dunno...).

Honestly, I LOVED his "I'm the coolest!" line in SA2. I thought it was totally awesome. ^^^

Heh, well I suppose my main problem with that line was how out of place it was. I just hit him in the ass and he goes and brags about how cool he is? :lol:

Shadow's voice is Saix from KH, which was the guy with blue hair who followed Axel? Been awhile since I played KHII, but I remember liking his voice. He sounded pretty menancing actually, but without being annoying. Hopefully, he does Shadow like that later on.

Right now, Shadow reminds me more of Vega from Street Fighter. The guy who's so full of himself and how "beautiful" he is. I think he needs to drop the snob part and just sound tough like Saix.

...just listened to Jet's voice. Glad I never cared about him, because he's completely ruined now. How could his voice actually get WORSE than his Usopp one? :blink:

My guesses.

Roger Craig Smith - Sonic

Kate Higgins - Tails, Wave

Mike Pollock - Dr. Eggman

Kirk Thornton - Shadow

Wally Wingert - Vector, E-10000

Cindy Robinson - Amy

Karen Strassman - Rouge

Michelle Ruff - Cream

Mike Mycheck - Jet

Kent Hampton - Knuckles, Storm

Laura Bailey - Omochao, Blaze

Keith Silverstein - Silver

Yeah, agreed... Jet is WAY worse. And I actually LIKED Jet, to be honest. I didn't even mind his voice so much, either. His new one just sucks.

Yes, Kirk Thornton, Shadow's new voice actor, also plays Saix in Kingdom Hearts (namely II, 358/2 Days, and Birth By Sleep [under the name 'Isa']). Actually, if you listen to them closely you can easily tell the resemblance.

Edited by UltimaHedgie

I'm kind of surprised Travis (Kent) is Storm too, he sounds pretty damn different there. Though I've only heard him as Mustang (FMA), Ace, and Daddy Masterson (both from One Piece), so for all I know he's done that voice before.

Edited by Hero Of Fate