Awoo.

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: NEW SONIC VOICE CAST

Woun

Just listened to the Silver clips again. He says "I am not to be twifled with". >.>

IT CONTINUES, BAAAHHHHH

Hey can we make Voice acting jokes now, I've been waiting?

Joy, Ok lets start.

So if Eggman decides to Kill Sonic's friends one day, you think Sonic will start a brotherhood of assassins, and swear revenge?

Edit: Dagnabit, messed up this post after typing up a whole Sonic parody of Assassin's Creed in response to Shadic. Fogetabaddit.

A little off topic (and spoilers for anyone who hasn't completed Assassin's Creed II) but has anyone else thought that the mission Desmond Miles is tasked with during the finale of ACII is (or at least sounds) quite similar to Sonic's quest in Unleashed?

Back on topic, it's interesting that Big's been confirmed by Herbert to be in the game, yet hasn't been discovered yet (Or at least not within the hivemind of these forums.) Wonder where that cat is?

Edited by Conor McA

^ If he is anywhere, you mean.

To be honest, if his voice has been truly recorded but is not in the game, there's only one logical conclusion... he's appearing as DLC.

Will that be the case? Doubtful. We don't even know if DLC is coming. However, if it does, its coming after the Japanese release, so we won't see any for a while. The only other logical conclusion is that Kyle Hebert was just plain wrong. Period. End of story. He may have voiced Big, but it doesn't mean it was in Free Riders.

...actually, I also doubt that he'd make such a big mistake like that, either. So DLC it is (until proven false, at least).

There's always the possibility that Big's got some crazy in-game cameos that nobody's found yet. Something like Sonic and the Secret Rings, perhaps?

Thanks to Batguy's posting of the team heroes storyline of riders 3/freeriders, i can give imput on the VAs now:

Eggman: No change much.

Sonic: Still needs work. its growing on me.

Tails: Still great! No need for change.

Knuckles: Dan Green? Is that you?...

Amy: DEAR GOD TOO HIGH turn the pitch a few k?

Cream: I have no problem with this.

Vector: Wow, its like a fusion of his SH VA and his 4kids VA. i like it!

Shadow: YES! He has a DAMNED good voice actor again.

Rouge: YES YES! please dont screw up her voice shes perfect!

E-10000: ? Do these things talk?

Jet: GOD NO! THIS IS WRONG! PLEASE CHANGE! kthxbai.

Wave: Pretty much the same but less raspy.

Storm: ^ Same. sounds dumber though so i guess the VA is doing his job.

Omochao: Never liked his 4kids VA (always sounded so monotone) so this is an improvment.

Edited by goku262002

Finally voice clips. Amy seems to be the only disappointment in the main cast imho. (Really they nailed Amy with the last two voices where'd they go wrong this time?)

Shadow's voice is much like Sonic''s in that I'm hoping it grows on me in time.

There's always the possibility that Big's got some crazy in-game cameos that nobody's found yet. Something like Sonic and the Secret Rings, perhaps?

Would they really need a voice actor for that though? Hope he does turn out to be playable though just for the laughs. *trys to imagine Big on extreme gear*

To be honest, if his voice has been truly recorded but is not in the game, there's only one logical conclusion... he's appearing as DLC.

Will that be the case? Doubtful. We don't even know if DLC is coming. However, if it does, its coming after the Japanese release, so we won't see any for a while. The only other logical conclusion is that Kyle Hebert was just plain wrong. Period. End of story. He may have voiced Big, but it doesn't mean it was in Free Riders.

...actually, I also doubt that he'd make such a big mistake like that, either. So DLC it is (until proven false, at least).

Hebert did say that Big was non-playable, though...

Unless he meant not playable yet.

Since we now know that the Japanese voice track is actually on the disc, I seriously hope SEGA see fit to release a patch giving us the option to use them. I doubt they will, which is annoying. =/

It's not so much a case of me having a dislike for the dub voices, as it is that I absolutely love the Japanese ones and am massively disappointed that there's no Japanese option. The fact they're on the disc and accessible through a console language change (same deal as Sonic 06) just makes it more frustrating, since, whilst technically accessible, you can only do so by setting everything on your console to Japanese, which isn't practical.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that forced English audio will ruin the game for me, but in all honesty, it will spoil it quite a bit. I just can't see why they didn't include an option for them if they're actually on the disc, is all. Sonic 06 was rushed and unfinished, so that just about makes sense.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Right, being pretty far into the story on Free Riders now...

Sonic: Better than I was expecting from that Colours cutscene. He sounds kind of like Jason in tone, but lower, less annoying, and better-acted.

Tails: Great. No complaints here. Like his 4Kids voice, but lower and better acted.

Knuckles: About the same, which I like.

Jet: Annoying, but 'suits him' annoying, rather than 'oh god make it stop' annoying.

Wave: Fine. XD

Storm: Generally good, but it does seem a bit annoying from time to time.

Amy: OH GOD MY EARS. Seriously, just... no. No. No. D8 It doesn't suit her at all. It sounds like her voice is really overdone, fake and insincere.

Cream: Okay, I reckon. I'm not too fussed.

Vector: Okay for the most part, but I think I preferred Dan Green.

Shadow: Erm... not as such. He sounds like a drugged-up vampire. He talks too slowly and just sounds... weird.

Rouge: Okay, yeah. But is it bad of me that I still actually kind of prefer her 4Kids voice?

Still, fun fact that makes a nifty of continuity; in Japanese, Nakamura Chie voices Wave, and also voices Sakura in Naruto. In English, Kate Higgins voices the same characters (as well as Tails). It's pretty neat that they have the same actor voicing both roles in both languages.

Kyle Hebert has updated his Big the Cat announcement:

Coming next week is a new Sonic the Hedgehog game out now called “Sonic Colors”. I voice the non-playable character, Big the Cat on the DS version. I’m very excited to be added to this popular franchise! (thanks to @GameBuddy on Twitter for the correction…I erroneously had announced I was in “Free Riders”)

250px-616px-ASR_Big.png

http://www.kylehebert.com/?p=530

"The reputation of Team Sonic echoes far and wide! When they talk about it's badass leader, the man of indominable spirit and masculinity, they're talkin about me! The mighty Big the Cat!"

Listen Froggy, Just believe in yourself, Not in the Froggy, that I believe in, Not in the Big that you believe in, have faith in the Froggy that believes in you.

Edited by Shadic93
  • Thumbs Up 1

All in level voices for every character, in crystal clear audio

Also converted to WAVE format for your convenience. Should come in handy for all your fangames/mods/collections. This includes E-10000, Metal Sonic, and Super Sonic, who makes a REALLY good Scourge.

Also, there's a "CHAOS CONTROL" in there for whoever wants it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Man thanks Aquaslash. You are really doing those of us without the game a real solid. Stuff like this makes the wait for Colors all that much more bearable.

Wow, Roger's Super Sonic sounds badass and confident. :blink: Love it. None of the previous VAs changed the way Sonic spoke when he goes Super. Hope Roger keeps this. Reminds me how handles Sean Schemmel does with Goku's Super Saiyan forms.

• Thumbs Up 1

My brother apparently just noticed Bella Hudson's name in the credits for the DS version, still under voice actors. blink.gif

Mistake, perhaps? She's certainly not doing Blaze anymore...

My brother apparently just noticed Bella Hudson's name in the credits for the DS version, still under voice actors. blink.gif

Mistake, perhaps? She's certainly not doing Blaze anymore...

It is a mistake, because its clearly not Bella Hudson anymore.