Awoo.

Sonic Colours Review topic

Shaddix Leto Croft

Probably not. On another (non Sonic) forum I frequent, people are still saying it sucks, despite the good reviews. Saying it's too automated etc.

Just ignore them. Obviously those people don't want to play good Sonic games. Their loss.

Probably not. On another (non Sonic) forum I frequent, people are still saying it sucks, despite the good reviews. Saying it's too automated etc.

I can see what they mean really. The game is still speed boosters galore, there's a fair amount of automation going on. But at the same time the game still looks absolutely fantastic.

Edited by Blue Blood

I'm impressed by the number of people who care about IGN's review, and I don't understand people's reactions ("hell froze over", etc). I mean, sure they gave Sonic Colors a good score... so what?

• Thumbs Up 2

Tell me about it man. >_> They're terrible.

I'm impressed by the number of people who care about IGN's review, and I don't understand people's reactions ("hell froze over", etc). I mean, sure they gave Sonic Colors a good score... so what?

welcome to the sonic fan base :

When IGN Gives a sonic game a bad score, fans call them biased

When IGN Gives a sonic game a good score, fans call them biased.

• Thumbs Up 5

OMG! Cuteness overload!

cuteoverload1.png

cuteoverload2.png

It's official, Wisps - Officially cuter than Chao. Just look at that little white one staring into your soul and the blue ones stacked on top of each other and don't get me started on the ones on the trunk slide[/gush]

• Thumbs Up 2

welcome to the sonic fan base :

When IGN Gives a sonic game a bad score, fans call them biased

When IGN Gives a sonic game a good score, fans call them biased.

Personnaly I don't like the look of the Wisps that much,the design of them are the one thing that keeps this game feeling like a Sonic game in pure form. They should of replaced them with flickies.

OMG! Cuteness overload!

cuteoverload1.png

cuteoverload2.png

It's official, Wisps - Officially cuter than Chao. Just look at that little white one staring into your soul and the blue ones stacked on top of each other and don't get me started on the ones on the trunk slide[/gush]

Christ, now I have to go "AWWW that's so cute" at the Wisps. I hope you're satisfied. <_<

You have read some of IGN's past sonic reviews right?

Tell me about it man. >_> They're terrible.

Edited by SuperClassic

Difficulty spikes? Well, I'm not gonna worry about that, because this is

the same IGN that said the final boss in Sonic 4 E1 was too tough (a bullshit claim),

the same IGN that said Sonic could boost in Adventure,

the same IGN that said Rush Adventure was just like the classics,

the same IGN that failed to notice the physics problems in Sonic 4,

the same IGN that gave 06 a higher score than Unleashed,

and the same IGN that made the same complaints about SMG2 (Which didn't affect the score for some mysterious reason. It was a bullshit complaint, anyways)

And did they really have to use that horrible pun? As if nobody used it a million times before?

"Color us surprised"? *facepalm*

Oh, and how about the menu design complaint? What a load of moose piss. You get to select an area, then go to an overworld, and then play the level. Kind of like... ZOMG MARIO GALAXY 2!! But wait, that game had an optional hub world, right? Yeah, but IGN complains about the very existence of hub worlds "in Sonic games". It's a lose-lose situation here!

And I groaned at the beginning. "sawnics bean seein alot of hard times guise lol". Shut the fuck up! You've said that for the past four Sonic games, for the love of God!

"The story is forgetable fun" Too cool for spellcheck, eh?

Besides... forgettable fun... the fuck does that even MEAN?! I guess they mean the story was lighthearted and shallow, kind of like GALAXY 2.

"Dr. Robotn- err... Eggman" Hey dipshit! News flash! He's been Eggman for the past half of his North American existence and the entirety of his Japanese existence.

They praise the story for focusing only on Sonic and Tails, as if the past few games never existed

Sonic 4: "Thankfully they focused only on Sonic

Sonic Unleashed: "Thankfully they focused only on Sonic... EXCEPT 4 1 THING OMG!!!111"

Secret Rings: "Thankfully they focused only on Sonic.... BTW BEST 3D SONIC EVARR!!!11"

Black Knight: "Thankfully they focused only on... well not rly but WHO CARES IT SUX!!!!1111"

This review is much like how I felt about Avatar. At first, it's all "Wow, look at how cool it is!"

But the more I analyze it, the more flaws build up, such as "Wow, this is pretty badly-written," "Wow, I've seen this before," and "Wow, this pushes some ridiculous opinions"

The thing what really pissed me off is that they said Sonic Colours has a lame co-op whilst Super Mario Galaxy 2 had the laziest co-op in existence!! I mean what's so fun about picking up 1-ups and coins?? At least in Sonic Colours, my bro and cousin can actually have the same amount of fun as player 1 instead of being in the sidelines! What I'm trying to say is that basically Mario is God in the gaming world and everything he does is right!!

The thing what really pissed me off is that they said Sonic Colours has a lame co-op whilst Super Mario Galaxy 2 had the laziest co-op in existence!! I mean what's so fun about picking up 1-ups and coins?? At least in Sonic Colours, my bro and cousin can actually have the same amount of fun as player 1 instead of being in the sidelines! What I'm trying to say is that basically Mario is God in the gaming world and everything he does is right!!

Ranting and comparing reviews from most likely different writers and the only coincidence they have is that they work for the same site isn't going to do any of you good.

• Thumbs Up 1

How bout that quip where he says that the focus on platforming will be "the most controversial" for die-hard fans.... That's EXACTLY what we've been waiting for, you fucktard!

He's so out-of-touch it's mindblowing!

Having IGN speak about a Sonic game is like having Larry King talk about 4chan memes. Sure, he's trying his best, but he's just not meant to do it.

What.

There's a difference between unfair level design and and platforming, abundance of speed boosters and bottomless pits will give some people a run for their money, believe it or not. Not that I'm saying Sonic Colors' level design is bad, no, far from it, but it certainly isn't flawless, and by the way, you left out the part where he praises some of the level design.

I find it interesting how many people are sort of resting happily and relieved, even to the point where they're now hyped for the 20th anniversary game instead... These are reviews, we still have to play it ourselves! Remember Sonic 4 got glowingly positive reviews for the most part and a lot of people on here didn't like it... Not to be pessimistic but does it really matter what the reviews say? I had really good fun with Unleashed, once I had gotten used to the Werehog I didn't give a crap what some critics said, and a lot of you in here said that reviews don't mean shit, so why listen to these?

I think it's great to see that a Sonic game is seen as a positive by the critical side of the world now, for sure, but the truth for me will come when I play it on Friday, and I'm excited about playing the game, not about any numbers or any people's 'perception of Sonic'.

lol, what I mean is Sonic has infinite jump height underwater in SA1. He'll keep going up to the surface.

What.

There's a difference between unfair level design and and platforming, abundance of speed boosters and bottomless pits will give some people a run for their money, believe it or not. Not that I'm saying Sonic Colors' level design is bad, no, far from it, but it certainly isn't flawless, and by the way, you left out the part where he praises some of the level design.

No, actually, they're not, at least the reviewers of the DS and Wii version of Sonic Colors, the difficulty spike in the DS and Wii version also exists in Rush, where there was just a unfair amount of bottomless pits, and the lame co op, well, this really depends on who you're playing with, if you just invite your friend over and decide that you should play New Super Mario Bros Wii, he's going to suck most likely, and suck even more if it's 20 times faster than the average Mario, Sonic 2 was the same way, the multiplayer just wasn't fun unless you had a friend good at Sonic games.

Edited by Inferno

It's really great to see everyone so happy with this game. Seeing IGN of all people give this game an 8.5 really put a smile on my face... Although, as other people have pointed out, the review does contain the usual "lolIGN" mistakes, but I guess it's the thought that counts. I just REALLY hope that the reviews don't take a nosedive like they did with Sonic 4. Otherwise, it looks like we could finally have another universally praised 3D Sonic game on our hands. :D

I find it interesting how many people are sort of resting happily and relieved, even to the point where they're now hyped for the 20th anniversary game instead... These are reviews, we still have to play it ourselves! Remember Sonic 4 got glowingly positive reviews for the most part and a lot of people on here didn't like it... Not to be pessimistic but does it really matter what the reviews say? I had really good fun with Unleashed, once I had gotten used to the Werehog I didn't give a crap what some critics said, and a lot of you in here said that reviews don't mean shit, so why listen to these?

I think it's great to see that a Sonic game is seen as a positive by the critical side of the world now, for sure, but the truth for me will come when I play it on Friday, and I'm excited about playing the game, not about any numbers or any people's 'perception of Sonic'.

I think he was talking about this part:

Which DOES boggle the mind a bit. Though I really don't think it's much of an issue when the guy thinks the game is damn good fun.

I'm convinced that he was referring to the likes of Rush and Rush Adventure, which newer fans probably played.

That was a decent review. Fear of really hard later levels doesn't faze me. Even Eggmanland was still fun while succesfully killing me over and over and then some more - well, the werehog portions sucked donkey donuts, but since there's no werehog this time, no fear.