Awoo.

Sonic Colours Review topic

Shaddix Leto Croft

To be honest...some critics just whine and complain about controls and such whilst in reality...they just SUCK AT THE GAME!! They're just to big headed to admit it <_<

I seriously wish people would stop with falling back on this common statement. "You don't like the controls, keep dying at the game, etc.? Well you just suck at it." Or maybe they really are that bad? Not saying that this applies to Colors, just saying that I really fucking hate it when people say this.

Why hasn't there been any truely well written/said reviews for this game yet? And what the hell is Gametrailers smoking? They gave Colours lower than Shadow the Hedgehog and Secret Rings for Christ's sake. Here's what I have to say:

1) They complain that "Sonic controls atrociously". None (and I mean NONE) of the other reviewers have complained about controls issues at all. These control flaws are definately more apparent in other 3D Sonic titles like 06 and Secret Rings.

2) He complains about it being automated. They clearly didn't mind this too much in other games such as SECRET RINGS and Unleashed. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but they said that this is what they ENJOYED about the game. What the heck is up with that?

3) He also said "there are flaws in level design"+"cheap deaths" etc, then he proceeds to JUMPING ON AN ELECTRIFIED ENEMY. Honestly that's as bad as the freaking IGN review. If you're gonna try to prove a point at least make it seem convincing.

4) (More of a personal thing)I also really hate the fact that he constantly speaks in the 2nd person. This shows that he is not just expressing an opinion, but saying it as though what he thinks is what everyone else will think (which is completely untrue considering the stark score contrast between the GT review and every other review).

5) In general, a lot of what he was saying was just him playing the game like a noob. Seriously, in the video the guy was just plain atrocious.

Now I'm not gonna bring up any of that "OMG DA REVIEW IS BIASED" crap because honestly that was the past. I'm just sick of poor executed reviews.

+1.

Just posted that on gametrailers.

(I don't think so from what i've seen, but I have yet to play the game)

I'll say it again, if you liked the Daytime Levels from SU HD,you will like this game,cause it looks like it has the same problems that irked some people, and other's saw no problem with them.

Edited by ChikaBoing

I'm a little confused.

Gametrailers usually gives the most fair reviews in my opinion.. /usually/.

It's like them and IGN switched places or something. o_O

I think it was an okay review to be honest-- He did a good job of informing what possible 'flaws' to look out for. The only thing that bugs me is that he claims that the controls are bad-- but all the good reviews claim that they're fine..

Which one is it?

I seriously wish people would stop with falling back on this common statement. "You don't like the controls, keep dying at the game, etc.? Well you just suck at it." Or maybe they really are that bad? Not saying that this applies to Colors, just saying that I really fucking hate it when people say this.

The controls are tight and simple, and even the camera is on its best behaviour throughout.

These are the exact words from 'Videogamer.com', how come all reviewers apart from Gametrailers said exactly this?

Edited by KrazyBean14

Gee, I don't know. How is it that everybody praised Avatar for its visuals when I thought they were butt-ugly?

'Videogamer.com' are also complaining about the games lack of checkpoints...boy, this game is really starting to sound as hard as IGN were describing :mellow:

Gee, I don't know. How is it that everybody praised Avatar for its visuals when I thought they were butt-ugly?

You...

You did..? ;_;

Edited by Cephrien

You know guys, its really about your own opinion. Everyone have his own tastes. But there is one problem, when people who dont know that certain game and wants to buy it, because they like how it looks, are looking first on reviews even if they didnt play it by theirselfs yet. And if it has low score on several magazines, sites etc.,they change their minds and wants to buy another game that has better score. And thats the whole problem, you need to test games by yourselfs and then rate. Like I said, everyone have his own tastes (sorry for my bad english). Another bad thing is there are thousands of magazines, sites etc. so it can have a lots of high scores or low scores. But I know you guys already know it all so sorry about that too. :-)

These are the exact words from 'Videogamer.com', how come all reviewers apart from Gametrailers said exactly this?

It's called opinions, reviewers has them too.

Seriously, you guys shouldn't be so 'hurt about a review... nor putting all the classic fans in the same bag, that hurted my feelings. =(

I was quite surprised that Colours difficulty is said to be hard later on. After playing the easy E3 demo and Sega saying the game was strictly aimed at kids before saying it was for everyone, what a change it's gone through since then.

You...

You did..? ;_;

Well the movie wasn't all that great anyway, and nothing about the visuals really stood out to me. The aliens were far too cat-like, a cheap way to get the audience to sympathize with them. And... well...

...okay you know what I hated Avatar and I thought it LOOKED SILLY and the aliens WERE DUMBOS.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's called opinions, reviewers has them too.

Seriously, you guys shouldn't be so 'hurt about a review... nor putting all the classic fans in the same bag, that hurted my feelings. =(

What bugs me is that the people who haven't played the game will only look at the GameTrailers review and assumes the game sucks because of it without even bothering to look at the other reviews for the game

What bugs me is that the people who haven't played the game will only look at the GameTrailers review and assumes the game sucks because of it without even bothering to look at the other reviews for the game

Well the movie wasn't all that great anyway, and nothing about the visuals really stood out to me. The aliens were far too cat-like, a cheap way to get the audience to sympathize with them. And... well...

...okay you know what I hated Avatar and I thought it LOOKED SILLY and the aliens WERE DUMBOS.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll quote again for the sake of people that didn't quite understand:

"4) (More of a personal thing)I also really hate the fact that he constantly speaks in the 2nd person. This shows that he is not just expressing an opinion, but saying it as though what he thinks is what everyone else will think (which is completely untrue considering the stark score contrast between the GT review and every other review)."

These reviews a lot of the time aren't just expressing an opinion. A lot of the time they are expressing a general perspective. They attempt to include the reader/watcher by using 2nd person pronouns like "you", therefore making it seem as though they know what YOU will think about the game (when they clearly don't). This is what irritates me. These guys are basically saying (in a rather subliminal kind of way) "this is what your opinion of the game will be, since that's what ours was" rather than "although we didn't like this, you may like it" etc.

So really, it's more than "just an opinion".

And anyways, surely a reviewer should try to look at it at as much of a multifaceted and unbiased perspective as possible?

That roller coaster part looked a bit unfair. You couldn't see that the track ended before falling off of it.

The BBBE line was kind of stupid.

And, when the guy said "It's one of the longest recent Sonic games. You can beat it in about 5 hours"I thought "Whaaaat?"

• Thumbs Up 1

Dieing cause of moving the control stick while jumping from a spring, that should not happen anymore,the last time that happened was in 06...

Edited by ChikaBoing

That roller coaster part looked a bit unfair. You couldn't see that the track ended before falling off of it.

The BBBE line was kind of stupid.

And, when the guy said "It's one of the longest recent Sonic games. You can beat it in about 5 hours"I thought "Whaaaat?"

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m
  • Thumbs Up 1