Awoo.

Sonic Colours Review topic

Shaddix Leto Croft

That was a decent review. Fear of really hard later levels doesn't faze me. Even Eggmanland was still fun while succesfully killing me over and over and then some more - well, the werehog portions sucked donkey donuts, but since there's no werehog this time, no fear.

Is Eggmanland any different?

Even Eggmanland was still fun

NO DAMMIT NO!!!! That was the creation of some sick sadistic level designer who somehow got a pass at SEGA!!! Even when mastered it's still a pain in the ass level. :blink:

I'm ok with hard, but when 1 level takes 45 minutes or more to beat the first time through I am bored to tears, I hope they don't have anything like that in the game.

Edit: And yes I may have exaggerated but still... Eggman Land *shivers*

Edited by Silencer226
  • Thumbs Up 1

Gamereactor DK: 7/10

Pros: Wisps are a welcome addition, great deal of secrets to be found, the classic Sonic formula is intact, great graphics and pretty design

Cons: Precision is far-out on the controls, level-design is a bit uneven at times.

Ohhhhhhhhh......mixed reactions like Sonic 4 I see? Or maybe it's just Gametrailers?

I have a feeling that Gamespot will give this an even more negative review since they were the ones that overexaggerated SU HD control problems beyond belief.

Will Gametrailers become the new IGN? What a twist.

Edited by ChikaBoing

Ah crap, here we go. It gets stellar Magazine reviews and a semi-glowing review from IGN, but other sites are at the ready to rip it a new one, because "Sonic's had it rough over the past decade", or something.

I swear some sites just copy/paste their review of Sonic 2006 for the new games.

Edited by EXshad

Gamereactor DK: 7/10

Pros: Wisps are a welcome addition, great deal of secrets to be found, the classic Sonic formula is intact, great graphics and pretty design

Cons: Precision is far-out on the controls, level-design is a bit uneven at times.

And that right there is the 2 reviews everyone is going to use to say sonic colors sucks.

Hoping theres not anymore. we didnt really need this it was going soo good!

Edited by goku262002

Now I'm just confused...one critic says that Sonic's voice is the best one yet, whilst another says it's atrocious. Same thing with the controls, one says it's as smooth as silk, another says it's very bad!! An example would be IGN saying that Sonic Colours has very sharp physics whilst Gametrailers says that the physics are floaty!

I'm kind of done taking advice from critics...all these guys complained about Sonic Unleashed being downright horrible but when I played it, IT TOTALLY DIDN'T DESERVE A 3.5!! This shows that the only important review around...is yours!

AND NO I WON'T STICK WITH JUST 2D SONIC IF THAT'S OK WITH YOU!!! Typical classic fans :angry:

It's a pity that Colours' awesome review streak seems to have ended, but I'm not going to NERDRAGE until I've actually played the thing.

I did roll my eyes a little when we still got the token "stick to 2D" sentiment at the end of the review, even though Colours is almost entirely 2D.

Now I'm just confused...one critic says that Sonic's voice is the best one yet, whilst another says it's atrocious. Same thing with the controls, one says it's as smooth as silk, another says it's very bad!! An example would be IGN saying that Sonic Colours has very sharp physics whilst Gametrailers says that the physics are floaty!

Typical classic fans :angry:

Yeah, and despite that they still gave Sonic 4 an 7.5. A flawed 2D Sonic game still gets a good score.

But whatever, I still think this is the best 3D Sonic game yet.

Edited by sonfan1984

Well, the thing is the only control issues is that he is bad at the game. When an enemy is electified you don't jump onto it; it will hurt you

Seriously, at worst the 3D sections look slippery due to the way they were designed. And he side-stepped into a bottomless pit; what a genius; what horrendous controls.

Also what's this about the motion controls being awkward and poor? Do even need to mention how the only thing they control is the wisps, and is no less horrible than flicking the Wiimote to do a jump-spin in SMG?

I smell butthurt; obviously the later levels must have kicked his ass.

I've yet to play the game myself, but from what i've seen of the game and hearing what some others have said during the live stream about it, it does not look like a 6.4 game.

Not that I've bothered to read any of these reviews, but will someone let me know when a review with a low score comes out which people think is actually well-written and composed? I just really hope you guys aren't the ones who are butthurt here, that's all!

• Thumbs Up 2

Bottomline is if you liked Unleashed Daytime Levels and had not many problems with controls and such, you will like this game.

Notice how GT is complaining about the same stuff, that other critics(like Gamespot) complained about the Daytime Levels 2 years ago.That's why GT reviewed the Wii version of Unleashed, cause in their eyes it's better than the HD versions.

On the other hand people who liked the Sonic Levels in Unleashed but gave it an average to bad rating cause of the Werhog, love this game(like IGN).

I think the Sonic Team/Dimps Formula stays true in this case.

Sonic Teams games are more creative and rich but it's controls and handling cause mixed reactions,some work their way around it,and see no problem,other's find it broken.

Dimps games are more playable for anybody, but feel too shallow and average for some people.

Edited by ChikaBoing

Yeah, and despite that they still gave Sonic 4 an 7.5. A flawed 2D Sonic game still gets a good score.

But whatever, I still think this is the best 3D Sonic game yet.

Sonic 4 only scored well because it was PACKED TO THE BRIM with Nostalgia <_<

There's some legit complaints stated in the review, but some feel like they're blown out of proportion. Also, they praised the presentation yet they give it a 7? :huh: Does not compute. Ah, well.

Why hasn't there been any truely well written/said reviews for this game yet? And what the hell is Gametrailers smoking? They gave Colours lower than Shadow the Hedgehog and Secret Rings for Christ's sake. Here's what I have to say:

1) They complain that "Sonic controls atrociously". None (and I mean NONE) of the other reviewers have complained about controls issues at all. These control flaws are definately more apparent in other 3D Sonic titles like 06 and Secret Rings.

2) He complains about it being automated. They clearly didn't mind this too much in other games such as SECRET RINGS and Unleashed. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but they said that this is what they ENJOYED about the game. What the heck is up with that?

3) He also said "there are flaws in level design"+"cheap deaths" etc, then he proceeds to JUMPING ON AN ELECTRIFIED ENEMY. Honestly that's as bad as the freaking IGN review. If you're gonna try to prove a point at least make it seem convincing.

4) (More of a personal thing)I also really hate the fact that he constantly speaks in the 2nd person. This shows that he is not just expressing an opinion, but saying it as though what he thinks is what everyone else will think (which is completely untrue considering the stark score contrast between the GT review and every other review).

5) In general, a lot of what he was saying was just him playing the game like a noob. Seriously, in the video the guy was just plain atrocious.

Now I'm not gonna bring up any of that "OMG DA REVIEW IS BIASED" crap because honestly that was the past. I'm just sick of poor executed reviews.

• Thumbs Up 2

Negative reviews were inevitable, we knew this, now we just need to wait and see if the negativity is legit. (I don't think so from what i've seen, but I have yet to play the game)

Well, the thing is the only control issues is that he is bad at the game. When an enemy is electified you don't jump onto it; it will hurt you

Seriously, at worst the 3D sections look slippery due to the way they were designed. And he side-stepped into a bottomless pit; what a genius; what horrendous controls.

Also what's this about the motion controls being awkward and poor? Do even need to mention how the only thing they control is the wisps, and is no less horrible than flicking the Wiimote to do a jump-spin in SMG?

I smell butthurt; obviously the later levels must have kicked his ass.

To be honest...some critics just whine and complain about controls and such whilst in reality...they just SUCK AT THE GAME!! They're just to big headed to admit it <_<

There's some legit complaints stated in the review, but some feel like they're blown out of proportion. Also, they praised the presentation yet they give it a 7? :huh: Does not compute. Ah, well.

This game is competing with Mario Galaxy in terms of Graphics and they give presentation a 7??? I seriously don't know what to say!

The latest review scores don't bother me that much. While I did find Gametrailers review slightly harsh at points, all the negitives wern't enough to change my opinion of what I'm looking forward to.