Awoo.

Sonic Colours Review topic

Shaddix Leto Croft

You guys seriously don't know your stuff.

Sonic Blast on the GG is GOTY, every year.

Question guys. Is the list in the OP up to date?

Oh cmon please do we really need to debate this?:

Sonic X for the leapster will always be greatist mutha fuckas!

• Thumbs Up 1

Colours' engine is the perfect playground for alternate play styles aswell. Tails' flying = Green Hover, Shadow's chaos control = Cyan Lazer, Knuckles' climbing = a modified Pink Spikes etc.

Not only is Colours a good game, but it also seems to be laying foundations for an even bigger game. Its like its testing the water, to see what people think of it, and it seems to have worked (for once).

I agree. Except Give sonic the Pink Wisp (Which allows Spin dash),

and give knuckles the Drill (and climbing walls ability).

---

italian ONM Review is up :

In case you cared. Just don't get too excited, because they're essentially a bunch of idiots. They kind of have an unwritten rule not to ever give a Sonic game a score higher than 8, no matter how much they stress its greatness.

In this case, they didn't care about the story (finding the cutscenes to be "rather ugly") nor the music ("charisma-less pop/rock") NOR EVEN THE GRAPHICS (which scored an 8, with them repeatedly saying how only a handful of stages are at "almost-Galaxy level"). They also bashed the Wisps, saying they "slow the action down too much" and most of them seem lifted straight from Galaxy. This comparison stretched to the level design, too. They loved the 3D sections, but found the 2D ones to be "quite lacking". "Good thing there aren't many" (may I remind you every other reviewer said they actually comprise 70% of the game?). It got an 8 nonetheless. For comparison's sake, since they love it so much, the first Galaxy got an 11. Out of 10. Seriously.

The one thing I liked about the review is that they didn't delve into the Sonic Cycle or started by saying "We know recent Sonic games have sucked...". That was only because they wrote an article (in the same issue) detailing how exactly recent Sonic games have sucked, even in cases they didn't think so themselves; yeah, that's right. They gave Sonic Heroes an 8 in 2004, yet they said it was "only decent". It also works in reverse: they gave Adventure 2 (wait for it...) an 8 in 2002 and called it "simply extraordinary" here. You know what, I'd rather stop talking about it and just wait for Colours to come out.

(DS version got a 7 for being "too much like the Rush series" and Sonic 4 got an 8)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997173-sonic-colors/57068006

Edited by speedduelist

LOL, they gave Mario Galaxy 11/10.

Ha, losers. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

Thats the bias i was talking about there. even when a sonic game is good people still get sticks up their asses and downgrade it.

Scans plz.

Oh, awesome. It's a weird feeling that they're giving a 3D Sonic such a good grade.

One thing though:

With these new talents comes some fantastic level design that will test even the most dedicated fan of platformers. This may be the most controversial piece of the puzzle for die-hard Sonic fans. Sonic isn't just about homing attacks and holding forward anymore.

Great! That's brilliant. Colours isn't the perfect Sonic game clearly, but it's clearly good enough to be scoring very well in everyones books so far. I hope the reviews don't pull an S4 and get progressively worse.

IGN hates Sonic baaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww....

Good review, it seems like there is going to be an "Eggmanland hard" level at the end according to the reviewers frustration. :lol:

Also, I think I get the complaints about multiplayer compared to NSMBW, since Mario (and similar playable characters) can't boost and leave the other player behind in a matter of seconds (most of the time).

Though boosting and leaving the other player behind shouldn't be the purpose of a co-op play to begin with.

Some more things: I noticed IGN keeps complaining about difficulty. They did it with Sonic 4 and now Colors. Maybe they just suck, because Sonic 4's last boss wasn't as hard as they said either, so this is probably exaggerated by them.

Does Sonic have unlimited double jump underwater? :huh: It looks like it at 1:08.

Green Sonic. For the people who hate green eyes.

Edited by MarcelloF

I'm sure it's not as hard as they say it is. They said the same thing about NSMBW and Galaxy 2, and yes they had tricky levels, but nothing insurmountable.

Also it's funny because I remember an early complaint about Sonic Colors was that it was too easy. :lol:

Anyway an 8.5 from IGN means it's an easy 9-9.5 for all of us.

Party time!

dance.gif

5 Things:

1 - Planet Wisp Act 3 is just plain awesome!! :lol:

2 - Sonic can actually drown ;)

3 - The drill's music changes underwater. Chasing that robot with your drill is just plain amazing :o

4 - It's great to know that the physics are sharp! Unlike some certain games *coughSonic4cough*

5 - IGN are crybabies :P !! They always complain about difficulty!! Nothing like a little 'practise makes perfect' wouldn't solve anything, and it's good to know that this game actually has some difficulty B)

Edited by KrazyBean14

4 Things:

1 - Planet Wisp Act 3 is just plain awesome!! :lol:

2 - Sonic can actually drown ;)

3 - The drill's music changes underwater. Chasing that robot with your drill is just plain amazing :o

4 - IGN are crybabies :P !! They always complain about difficulty!! Nothing like a little 'practise makes perfect' wouldn't solve anything, and it's good to know that this game actually has some difficulty B)

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just to show that all those IGNorant comments were ignorant themselves.

Edited by Jaouad
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 3