Awoo.

Sonic Colours Review topic

Shaddix Leto Croft

BREAKING NEWS

IGN's Sonic Colors review is in.

Here

Already posted, and when since is a review "BREAKING NEWS"?

Listen to this epic trailer music while reading this post for full effect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5BRfiWijLE

In a world...

Where plumbers reign...

One Hedgehog...

Will risk everything...

For the sake of glory.

This November...

Be ready for an adventure that will color you excited.

When you think speed...

When you think action...

Think Sonic.

Sonic Colors...The hero returns. November 16/12 2010.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've been here for about 20 minutes, cut me some slack. It wasn't on the front page, so I thought I'd post it.

I've been here for about 20 minutes, cut me some slack. It wasn't on the front page, so I thought I'd post it.

Well the best idea is to look around the topic to see if it been posted elsewhere before posting it yourself instead of rushing to do it ;) and Oh Welcome aswell =).

Edit: 1400 posts already wow lol XD Nice to see good reviews but that difficulty shit is bullshit Get him on Sonic Unleashed DLC stages and show him true difficulty XD

Edited by Shaddix

Its considered that when sonic hasnt had a good score in years!

• Thumbs Up 1

Video Review is up (just to let every one know who didn't see in the earlier posts) :

Edited by speedduelist

Two Sonic games in a row getting good reviews from IGN? The best Sonic game in the last 18 years? Quickly everyone, run for you lives!

Joking aside, I can't wait for Friday. I haven't been this excited about a game since I was little. It's going to be a long week... :P

God the DS version looks surprisingly, better than Rush.

Yes Sega take my goddamn money already...

Was this so hard Sega? After years of screwing around with Sonic's console releases and poor reviews, you put out a quality and appealing one and BAM!

I won't say Sonic's back just yet (killjoy :P ). I think the Anniversary game next year will determine that. But I think I can actually have some faith in the way Sega/Sonic Team handle Sonic from now on.

I noticed the DS has animated backgrounds. I hope it's the same in Tropical Resort. The demo had nonanimated backgrounds. It was weird seeing as there were spotlights.

Can't they seriously find other cons other than the games being too difficult?psssshhhhh

Funny enough that always the case with IGN and Sonic games is the difficulty of the levels for them must be too hard for them [/runs to Super Meat Boy] :P

Edited by Shaddix
  • Thumbs Up 1

I noticed the DS has animated backgrounds. I hope it's the same in Tropical Resort. The demo had nonanimated backgrounds. It was weird seeing as there were spotlights.

Interesting. DS demos usually have to be really cut down to fit the teeny filesize allowance. Maybe they cut the animation for the demo?

There are a few issues that mar an otherwise awesome experience, but those shouldn't stop Sonic fans and Wii owners from grabbing the best Sonic game in 18 years.

lolwut?

It's nice seeing Sonic get decent reviews again, although it kills me what's apparently the greatest 3D Sonic game ever isn't doing as well as Sonic Adventure did.

Edited by BlazingTales

So apparently, not only did Sonic reach for the stars this time, but he's actually grabbed them. Well done Sega, well done.

While I do like the new footage and good things to say about the games, I want to punch someone every time I hear "Classic Sonic" in the same sentence as "Sonic Colors" unless its contrasting the two. Seriously. The misconception is starting to get to me.

Will this game finally make the general public not be emberassed when talking about a Sonic game, you know like in the Dreamcast days?

Will this game finally make the general public not be emberassed when talking about a Sonic game, you know like in the Dreamcast days?

Maybe, though the name itself still might make middle school kids go "Dis iz Gaye."

>_>

Probably not. On another (non Sonic) forum I frequent, people are still saying it sucks, despite the good reviews. Saying it's too automated etc.

Edited by MarcelloF

My heart skipped a beat when I saw that 8.5 lol. I'm gonna buy this now, I'll be putting in my amazon.com order right now. Hell just froze over.

Edited by Silencer226

While I do like the new footage and good things to say about the games, I want to punch someone every time I hear "Classic Sonic" in the same sentence as "Sonic Colors" unless its contrasting the two. Seriously. The misconception is starting to get to me.

How about "Sonic Colours meets all the aesthetic qualities of Classic Sonic, while holding true to the modern formula"?