Awoo.

goku262002

Alright I watched the episode, and I took my aspirin fully after my headache yesterday, so I wasn't as annoyed.

Surprisingly, the Tenzin/Korra parts were the best part of the whole episode. Why surprising? because for me they were kinda dragging after the subplot with Tenzin and his siblings dropped. So its nice to see them get some relevance now. Korra's less of a bitch, so that's a plus. Let's hope it sticks this time. One question tho, when was Jinora's connection the spirit world established? Was that ever brought up before?

Unalaq is working for Vaatu, the most spectacular twist in the world. Seriously tho, it was an obvious twist that'd you have to be a dumbass to not see it coming.What makes it even more annoying is that the only reason we have for why Unalaq is doing this is because he's jealous of his brother. But I'm pretty sure he'll get some tragic backstory to justify his actions in the next three episodes, or something.

Its nice to know Varrick still has his affableness even when he's villain, meaning I can still like him.

I seriously want to punch Lin and those two cops in the face; the cops I can at least guess are crooked, but Lin has no excuse, she's literally being stupid as hell. Yes, trust the word of criminals over someone you personally known for months, she doesn't bother to look into Mako's case at all. Just ugh, and she's supposed to be Toph daughter, Toph probably had the most common sense out of the entire Gaang in the first series. Was Lin dropped on her head or something.

Bolin, you're still useless; I'm glad you've grown a spine and some character, but you have not done anything relevant for the plot...or even try to do anything relevant. God, it makes you wonder why they even made the character in the first place.

Ok, now for the real problem, let me down this 16 oz first.

Asami...ok, last week I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and say she was just vulnerable, but now she is blatantly flirting with Mako, who does nothing to dissuade her. At no point do either of them think "Hey, I/you just broke up with Korra, so let's not let this go any further", the only acknowledgement the breakup gets is Bolin and neither one of them address the issue and they're making out like they've been going out already. Admittedly I can't completely hate this because I do think Mako and Asami have good chemistry, but the timing and fallout from Korra and Mako's breakup just makes it haphazardly thrown together, as if the writers wanted to fix what they did last season but no idea HOW to do it. What's worse is that either two things will come from this; either this is going to be completely ignored, or they are going to play the Makorrasami love triangle for all of the damn drama it can bleed.

Also, like Lin, Asami and Bolin are annoyingly blind; Asami I can at least excuse because she looks to at least consider the possiblity and will probably investigate Varrick, but Lin and Bolin are so fucking blind it hurts. 

All in all, the episode was ok but the season is falling right back into the rushed and haphazard writing that made the first season so lackluster; characters make dumbass decisions, nobody says anything about it, and almost nothing is elaborated on. I was one of the ones who was willing to give this season a chance, and I liked what I was seeing, but this....doesn't sit well with me at all, and this is especially jarring after that damn good two parter. I pray the last three episodes aren't nearly as headache inducing.

What is it that pople aren't understanding about the fact that law enforcement can't fraternize with criminals?

They were sent word that he went to them, the responded, they found stuff in his closet, he denies, slap the cuffs.

You know, like ever crime drama ever? Incarcerating someone for questioning is far from uncommon.

And Asami still has feeling for her old douchebag boyfriend, so what.

• Thumbs Up 2

What is it that pople aren't understanding about the fact that law enforcement can't fraternize with criminals?

They were sent word that he went to them, the responded, they found stuff in his closet, he denies, slap the cuffs.

You know, like ever crime drama ever? Incarcerating someone for questioning is far from uncommon.

You're defending this? dafaq?

In any case, that much I can understand, but Lin doesn't seem the least bit concerned with why he went behind her back and did that and was outright dismissive of his investigations. 

And Asami still has feeling for her old douchebag boyfriend, so what.

Its not even that, it was just horribly timed and no acknowledgement  of his breakup with Korra; I mean goddamn, if you're gonna breakup a couple, some closure would be nice before a new ship runs in.

You're defending this? dafaq?

In any case, that much I can understand, but Lin doesn't seem the least bit concerned with why he went behind her back and did that and was outright dismissive of his investigations.

I imagine we'll see more about this in the next episode, we only really had 30 secconds of Abbot and Costello dick tugging each other while Mako whined. Lin didn't really have much involvment with that scene beyond just being there. 

Its not even that, it was just horribly timed and no acknowledgement  of his breakup with Korra; I mean goddamn, if you're gonna breakup a couple, some closure would be nice before a new ship runs in.

Gotta have that kids show sexual tension tho'

I guess I'll wait, but ugh I don't like where this is going and there are only three episodes left; I will eat my fucking hat if they are able to resolve this without stupid writing.

• Thumbs Up 2

There are actually five left. The first series being one short of a quarter of the entire show means that we get two more episodes than last time.

The sad thing is, it's hard to tell if they'll receive any sort of comeuppance by the end of all this. They may as well could, but if Lin continues to take stupid pills she's been getting between seasons, probably not.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I really hope Mako kicks their assess, or does some shit to them. I hate them that much.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I really hope Mako kicks their assess, or does some shit to them. I hate them that much.

Or they could get killed by evil spirits. Or maybe even Vatuu.

Okay, so I've caught up.

I the episode is pretty...okay, but it has it's moments where it shoots itself in the foot. I'm just gonna say that the writers should make some use of what is called the 7Ps: Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

They've had a problem with rushing things, and this is kicking them in the rear to me.

Okay, so I've caught up.

I the episode is pretty...okay, but it has it's moments where it shoots itself in the foot. I'm just gonna say that the writers should make some use of what is called the 7Ps: Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

They've had a problem with rushing things, and this is kicking them in the rear to me.

I agree with you, I would like to know what you thought to be rushed though.

Bolin never got the chance to be a likable character in the first place. His character only ever amounted to "Not!Aang humor+tired slapstick+punchingbag"

I think one of the problems with Korra is the plot is extremely fucking shallow and has nothing to work off of.

What's the plot of Korra? Aang dead. Girl new Avatar. Waaaaaaacky Hijinks!

They didn't set any solid basis for this show. There's no 100 year war, there's no conflict between the world of man and spirit (that's solidly based anyways) they've got nothing to work with other than a bunch of subplots thrown into a mishmash of nothing.

Also the episode is up on Watchcartoonsonline now. Took them long enough.

Watchcartoons.com, ummm you do know they post the episodes on Nick.com right, and no you don't need any cable provider crap it's 100% free?

I agree with you, I would like to know what you thought to be rushed though.

It's basically from what happened in the 1st season that lead to some hiccups in this season. Such as the Mako/Asami/Korra triangle that lead to Mako leaving Asami for Korra, only to break up with her this season and go back to Asami, and then throwing in Tarlokk as Amon's brother, Bolin being phased to the side before regaining some prominence and being what he is now, and so forth.

It's lead to some shaky development here, hence some aren't exactly looking at this season too positively. Tho, the Tarlokk thing has nothing to do with this season, it was just an example of them rushing things at the last second.

Speaking of which, when the fuck are we gonna see the "Dark Spirit" character DeLisle was suppose to voice?

Hour episode tomorrow Scratch that, it must be next week.. keep the time change in mind ya? smile.png

Lets see if they can save this season

Edited by Jix Hedgehog

I also wasn't expecting kid Korra either.

EDIT: GODDAMN CLIFFHANGER.

Edited by DarkLight

I like to add Wan Shi Tong to that "Fuck you" statement as well. Then again, he's being fooled by Unalaq's preachy "I want to help the spirits" garbage coupled with still bearing a grudge for what happened in the original series like I presumed he would.

But yeah, I foresee great Unalaq ass-kicking next episode. Whether it's from Korra, Tenzin, or maybe Vaatu once he realizes helping a dark spirit of chaos was maybe a bad idea for him to do.

EDIT: Also, no Republic City crap after how much this episode covered, so that's a plus.

Edited by DarkLight

Is it bad of me to be more excited to see General Iroh than seeing an adult avatar Aang and adult Katara. Seriously I was very pleased when I saw him. Also can someone explain why Korra was a kid for a portion of the episode. Maybe to have iroh show her, her good and innocent side?

Good episode today.

Good episode. Finally have some worthwhile suspense and a subplot worth staying tuned into.

Can't wait for it to mean fuck all in season 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it bad of me to be more excited to see General Iroh than seeing an adult avatar Aang and adult Katara. Seriously I was very pleased when I saw him. Also can someone explain why Korra was a kid for a portion of the episode. Maybe to have iroh show her, her good and innocent side?

Good episode today.

I agree with everyone and say Iroh was a welcome surprise.

I figure it’s a case of “you look the way you see yourself” in the spirit world. This would explain why Wan appears as his younger self in the spirit world even though we know he was much older when he died and why Roku, a character who regretted actions that lead to his death, is the only avatar that appears really old (that I can recall).

Someone pointed out that Iroh was wearing his earth nation get up, suggesting he doesn’t see himself as a general of the fire nation but the guy that runs the tea shop.

Gosh it was lovely seeing Iroh again. By far the best character of this entire season next to Wan. And this just happened to be one of the best episodes. Damn it was lovely. Iroh and Wan seriously saved this season, as it was falling so damn hard.

The only thing that could really make this season better is seeing Zuko.