Awoo.

goku262002

i-JDd4MZ3-X3.jpg

http://art.penny-arc...-JDd4MZ3-X3.jpg

Amon can't take someone ability to bend if they've never had it until after he bloodbends them. I thought that was really neat, actually.

It doesn't make sense, though. He blocks of the chi to bend, not the knowledge of bending, right? Plus she knew the basics of air bending already.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah to be honest, his voice did not match the character at all. Iroh looked to be in his 20s at the least and he had teenage zuko's voice. would've been nice if the VA at least switched it up and at least used an older version of zuko's voice.

Sounds more like a case of reality is unrealistic, isn't it?

Dante Basco, their VA, is 36 years old and sounds like that in real life. I'd guess they used the voice to further show how related General Iroh is to Zuko.

• Thumbs Up 1

It doesn't make sense, though. He blocks of the chi to bend, not the knowledge of bending, right? Plus she knew the basics of air bending already.

Not really blocking. He is tricking the mind to believing it can't bend anymore, but in the case of Korra who is able to learn all four elements, it did the opposite for her airbending. Subconsciously, she believed she was unable to attach herself to airbending, and the spiritual nature of it, but Amon tricked her mind to think opposite.

Sudden question, how did Tenzin's family manage to get caught by Amon's forces? They never explained that.

It was intentionally an offscreen incident so it could increase the shock value and the tension of the moment. Had they shown the event beforehand, we would have seen this coming a mile away, and had they explained it afterward, the incident was done and over, so no need to go into detail about it.

In hindsight, that makes Lin's sacrifice in the third to last episode seem all the more vain.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

hey dudes check this awesome Mako fanart that I found on the Google

hLRRO.jpg

Yeaaah my biggest problem is basically everyone elses': Forced, shitty romance was forced and shitty. Any amount of likability that Mako had at the start of the series vanished quickly, and I just grew to dislike him more and more as the series progressed. Bloody asshole... just ugghhhh. Hopefully season 2 will focus less on him and Korra's "love".

Also, how Korra got her bending back was an asspull of Lion Turtle magnitude. They could have easily set up a way for her to relearn her bending and to grow more as a character and whatnot, and, y'know, maybe have saved her first use of the Avatar state for when her life was in intense danger, but knoep. Not to mention that it also ensured that Lin's sacrifice was extra pointless.

Despite the bad bits, I really enjoyed the finale. The stakes were high, the action was intense, Asami ultimately became more than just a piece in a shitty love triangle, and Tarlok and Amon are officially some of my favorite Avatar characters now (that backstory... and that boat exploding... seriously, guys. HOLY SHIT that was hardcore). It's such a shame that that MaKorra bullcrap left such a bad taste in my mouth.

Edited by gunthər
  • Thumbs Up 1

Gotta say, as a general rule, I always look forward to Heel Face Turns coming from antagonists that are not the Big Bads. I always wait to see if the bad guy comes to his or her senses and defects to or back to the good guys again.

But, I think I shifted from "Just give him a minute, he'll realize his sins and defect back to good!" to "Oh hell no, he dies now!" in the quickest time possible the second Hiroshi spouted his conviction to finish Asami off. I actually cried when I heard him say that, and wanted nothing more than for Asami and Bolin to kick the shit out of him at that point. It was all so tastefully done, and is my favorite part of the finale. Kudos to the writers for getting me so emotionally invested in that part.

"Now I realize that there is no chance to save you!"

dd097070_RAGE20tears.png

Edited by Dr. Joshua

Not really blocking. He is tricking the mind to believing it can't bend anymore, but in the case of Korra who is able to learn all four elements, it did the opposite for her airbending. Subconsciously, she believed she was unable to attach herself to airbending, and the spiritual nature of it, but Amon tricked her mind to think opposite.

Where'd you get that explanation from?

It still makes no sense, by the way.

Because bending was blocked. She shouldn't be able to bend at all! Him making her subconcious forget how to bend, making her be able to air bend makes absolutely no sense. How in the world does Amon tricking her mind to not be able bend, make it think it can bend something else? Besides that, she already knew the basics of air bending, she just wasn't good at it.

Even if it made sense, it's still absolutely shit, though.

And you still didn't tell me where you got the explanation of how Amon takes away bending.

Edited by MarcelloF

Because bending was blocked. She shouldn't be able to bend at all! Him making her subconcious forget how to bend, making her be able to air bend makes absolutely no sense. How in the world does Amon tricking her mind to not be able bend, make it think it can bend something else? Besides that, she already knew the basics of air bending, she just wasn't good at it.

Even if it made sense, it's still absolutely shit, though.

And you still didn't tell me where you got the explanation of how Amon takes away bending.

Also, how Korra got her bending back was an asspull of Lion Turtle magnitude. They could have easily set up a way for her to relearn her bending and to grow more as a character and whatnot, and, y'know, maybe have saved her first use of the Avatar state for when her life was in intense danger, but knoep. Not to mention that it also ensured that Lin's sacrifice was extra pointless.

Because that's what the plot of the last series was; the Avatar having to grow and learn the elements as the series progresses, considering this is meant to be a sequel, rehashing the original plot is not exactly wise.

• Thumbs Up 2

I would like to think that Amon blocks everyone's chi differently depending on what they bend. It makes sense that different benders manipulate their chi different since they can bend one element and not the other. Amon probably already knew that Korra couldn't air bend, so he bloodbended her accordingly to affect the other 3 elements AKA block her bending and he couldn't block her airbending because she couldnt to begin with

Aang also said when you are at your lowest point, you become more spiritually aware... whose to say that Aang didn't give her a little push to help her actually airbend... seeing how she helped her regain her bending

Edited by LunarEdge

Man, how differently that season could have ended. Even if there wasn't going to be a second season, I'd prefer unresolved loose ends over a rushed ending, so long as the show didn't leave things on a straight up cliffhanger like reboot or something.

---------

Katara-“I have tried everything”

Including blood bending? Bloodbending caused it, perhaps it can reverse it?

Katara- “her connection to the three elements is severed”

But what about her spiritual side?

Mako- “Wait, Korra!”

Have you tried the Avatar State? Might shake things up…

Mako- "Everything’s going to be alright!"

Have you talked to Aang?....The other Avatars?…a lion turtle?… The library owl dude?...

Korra- “Everything’s not going to be alright”

…Koh?.... Wouldn't mind seeing Koh again...

Korra- “I’m not the Avatar anymore!”

“Bridge between the human and spirit world”, “Restores peace and balance”, “Inspirational figure to masses.” I dunno, this predicament probably might help you connect with non benders.

Mako- I don't care if you're the avatar or not.

This also applies to the fact that your girl friend is within earshot.

Aang-"When we are at our lowest point we are open the greatest of possibilities"

Like turning evil or going insane.

*Deus ex bull*

And so, crying saves the day.... somehow.

*Lin’s powers restored*

I wonder how the exchange will go if she decides to give Tahno's bending back?

-------

I'm surprised how they killed off Amon though- bravery on the part of the creators as well as the network.

It makes sense that they wouldn’t want a good guy to kill off the villain in the end, but they could have edited that scene out of existence so easily.

Edited by Vantoggle

I can't believe people expected the explanation of the stuff at the end to make more sense then it did. I honestly was expecting an even bigger ass pull then they did, and at least there's some plausibility in how they explained things.

Amon's character was a little strange (I would of liked to know how his ideals turned the way they did), but I think it was a pretty satisfying conclusion to that part of the story.

Ha, good luck with that. an episode doesn't stay up for more then a day before it gets removed. you have better luck at one of those "watch anime anytime" kind of sites or C-W Forums.

This is the greatest fucking thing I've ever seen.

zz9pq.jpg

Season 2 better include some Basket-Ball bending.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 9

I think the series had a lot of potential that was squandered. I love the show but there were so, so many things that could have been done differently/better. To name a few:

• Korra, to me, was a somewhat unlikeable character. I know it's good for characters to have flaws, but Korra's just seemed kind of, well, annoying. I thought she was overly abrasive and stubborn, and I didn't like how Tenzin and others always had to suffer for her inability to cooperate. Like early on when her hair-trigger temper caused her to throw a tantrum that destroyed a priceless monument and Tenzin had to pay for it. Yeah, she gets better, but it's still irritating. And she doesn't seem to learn that stealing someone else's boyfriend is... not a very nice thing for the messiah to do.
  • Mako is an asshole, as everyone else has been saying. It's normal for a teenage boy to be confused about which girl he likes. It's normal to handle the situation awkwardly. But Mako consistently treats Asami's feelings as completely inconsequential. He abandons her when she needs him most and now she has absolutely nothing. He lies to her about kissing Korra. He cheats on her and the viewer is supposed to cheer him on for it. When Asami shares her concerns about his possible feelings for Korra, his reaction is to ignore her and spend even more time with Korra. I don't care about shipping at all, but all this does is make Mako look like a selfish, callous douchebag.
  • The Equalists. Their cause didn't seem to make much sense because we were never shown much real evidence of benders abusing their powers. When Tarrlok started jailing non-benders and accusing them of being Equalists, it was presented as if he were just proving what Amon had been saying all along... except he only did it in response to what the Equalists had already done. They started it, even if he did respond in a draconian manner and ultimately prove them right. Showing more of the city's history and revealing systematic oppression by benders would have made for more moral ambiguity and made the Equalists look less like petty, jealous terrorists.
  • The character development. It seems like the show tries so hard to move swiftly through all the action that the characters' personalities are all swept to the wayside. I'd rather not blame the season's length, because I've seen equally short shows with more developed characters.
  • The fact that there was no foreshadowing for Amon and Tarrlok being brothers bugged the hell out of me. We knew nothing about Amon for the first 10 episodes except that he could remove people's bending and that he was somehow resistent to bloodbending. That was literally all that was established about his character until Tarrlok abruptly gives Korra and Mako a massive exposition dump at the last minute. These are the kinds of things that should be foreshadowed and slowly revealed over time, not thrown at the viewer during the climax. I really liked the backstory between the two, and it would have worked much better if it wasn't tossed into the 11th episode. The foreshadowing wouldn't have even needed to be all that big; something as simple as alluding to the fact that Tarrlok even had a sibling would have sufficed, as would having Amon behave somewhat differently around him and giving him darker skin so that perceptive viewers could see that he was possibly a Water Tribesman.

All that said, the double suicide was one thing I thought was done exceedingly well. Wouldn't change that for the world.

Edited by AXB
  • Thumbs Up 5

And she doesn't seem to learn that stealing someone else's boyfriend is... not a very nice thing for the messiah to do.

Actually that's more the boyfriends fault than hers. Ever since Hiroshi was revealed to be an equalist, she pretty much backed off, and then Mako went after her.

The Equalists. Their cause didn't seem to make much sense because we were never shown much real evidence of benders abusing their powers.

Actually, that was shown in the very first episode when the Triple Threat Triads were trying to get protection money from a group of people they were threatening. Then again when the Wolf-bats blatantly cheated in the probending tournament, and only came full throttle when Tarlokk started arresting Nonbenders so indiscriminately after his curfew.

We could go even further when we mention Yakone and his bloodbending put on trail.

Aside from those two things, your right on the money.

vl1Tl.jpg

fanart-cosplay-the-man-your-grandson-could-be-like.gif

tumblr_m6584kdk011rxy1wdo1_1280.jpg

Also, Season 1 will air again on Nicktoons on July 9th, and will come with commentary from the creators and the production team. So we may find out what they were thinking during the development process.

Edited by LunarEdge