Awoo.

goku262002

Why can't Mako just go away? :[

I'm not bothered with him being around, I just don't want him with Korra.

I'm not bothered with him being around, I just don't want him with Korra.

Hopefully they break up this season.

Can't wait for this.

Theirs no good action animation shows lately since Young Justice ended, so i'm glad Korra is coming in to fill the void.

Always hyped for new foes, especially ones of the Super Natural kind, as well as some appearances from the old cast. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

GTF Away from Korra, Mako!

Makes me less worried and only reminds me how he left Asami, the girl who essentially gave up everything and went up against her own father to do the right thing. Just pure selfishness. Probably just careless writing, but that's the consquences of it.

I just hope that the next session will be much better than the first one; everything outside of the animation felt lack when compared to the Last Airbender.  The characters were all over the place (especially Moko and Korra), the plot was predictable (though the overall darker feel somewhat made up for it) and I personally felt that the original series was better; I like all the characters verses liking only a fraction of the main cast (Bolin, Tension and a few others). 

• Thumbs Up 3

I honestly can't wait, this season has been coming for quite awhile. (More then a year right guys? I forgot when the first season ended, but I know it was quite awhile ago)

I honestly can't wait, this season has been coming for quite awhile. (More then a year right guys? I forgot when the first season ended, but I know it was quite awhile ago)

That's the consequences of being an Avatar fan I'm afraid.

Hell, anybody else remember when Nick made us wait for almost a year and a half for Season 3 of ATLA? And then did a 6 month break before airing the final episodes of the series in one week?

That's the consequences of being an Avatar fan I'm afraid.

Hell, anybody else remember when Nick made us wait for almost a year and a half for Season 3 of ATLA? And then did a 6 month break before airing the final episodes of the series in one week?

Nope, because luckily for me I decided to care about ATLA when the series was already over and done with. tongue.png

Edited by Soniman

Nope, because luckily for me I decided to care about ATLA when the series was already over and done with. tongue.png

You don't know our pain!

it was the longest 6 months of my life...

GTF Away from Korra, Mako!

I don't like Mako being that close either, makes me worry.

I don't even like Korra that much but I just came in here to say that the way you guys are wording this it's like Korra is your best friend that's a girl and she's going out with a guy you really don't like/think is a douche lol. 

I don't even like Korra that much but I just came in here to say that the way you guys are wording this it's like Korra is your best friend that's a girl and she's going out with a guy you really don't like/think is a douche lol. 

Yeah, pretty much. lol

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mako being near Korra is to be expected, sadly. Hope they break up, though. But, that'd most likely just be a temporary "Will they, won't they" type of thing.

Hopefully season 2 is does better than 1. That just kinda went downhill around the end.

Also, change Zuko's son's (Grandson?) voice. That was awful.

I wonder what Mako would have to do to get the hate off him. Ya know, aside from dying

We have people still bitching about Sonic 06. Does anyone honestly expect the internet is ever going to let go of their hate-crush on Mako regardless of what happens in the show?

If he stays with Korra and does nothing overly significant, people will complain about him over things that already happened like "getting away with the girl."

If he does do something significant, like unveiling the Big Bad's weakness, giving much-needed resolve for Korra, anything beneficial: "He gets so much creator bias! Oh, and he's still with Korra, wtf."

If he breaks up with Korra/gets back with Asami: "See, he IS a womanizer and has no concern for anyone other than himself! Just dump him and let him die in a ditch somewhere, he's no use."

Lesson learned, never make a cartoon character with a love-life resembling something beyond "Get first girl, the end." It just leads to perpetual backlash.

• Thumbs Up 3

Lesson learned, never make a cartoon character with a love-life resembling something beyond "Get first girl, the end." It just leads to perpetual backlash.

The issue with Mako's storyline is that it honestly wasn't well written and just makes him come of as a huge asshole, even though this wasn't really the case. 

Factor in that we don't see much of Mako's character outside of this sloppy triangle and you have the internet's hate boner for Mako.

The issue with Mako's storyline is that it honestly wasn't well written and just makes him come of as a huge asshole, even though this wasn't really the case. 

Factor in that we don't see much of Mako's character outside of this sloppy triangle and you have the internet's hate boner for Mako.

Not to mention completely shafting Asami in her time of need (with her father being evil and all) and getting no negative repercussions for doing so, he still gets what he wants in the end and it sucks.

Granted, I don't think he's unsalvageable as a character, but right now I just don't like him.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well there's that and the fact that he dumped Asami, a girl who helped him out when he was in need of it for the probending tournament, allowed him to stay with her in her mansion when their old home was destroyed by the Equalists, and then sacrificed everything she had that helped him, from her fortune to her family, in order to do the right thing. I don't see how in the hell anyone could break up with someone so selfless and spoiled sweet, especially considering that she could have been a spoiled rich bitch with all the money she had.

Had he stayed with Asami, I'd have actually liked him. But the way things were rushed came the third act, it was just poorly done and my liking of Mako fell with it. He's in a difficult dilemma right now, but I do think there is a way he can made a better character. It involves him breaking up with Korra, however.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc