Awoo.

goku262002

Possible Season 2 concept art

229920_389185581139522_241554724_n.jpg

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: Avatar Redux. Bring on the KorAmi.

Edited by Qwilfish
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Amon a boat" is fucking priceless. Now that Iroh thing.....I smiled so hard when saw that.

I haven't really read this thread until now because I watching through the series (and for obvious spoiler reasons I felt it best just to avoid it out right), and I'm kinda glad to see a lot of you guys and gals also found the forced romance thing rather unappealing. It's really the major thing that bothered me about this series.

At points, things could get predictable, but I could always stomach that 'cause it never got that bad. "Oh, what's this, they're both falling asleep...they wake up leaning on each other, spazz out and act like nothing happened! Oh man!" - "Huh? The rich inventor father is investing in their team for no good reason? Something's definitely fishy here gang, let's split up!" The overall plot, animation, style, etc. usually kept me through little things like that. And it really only happened in the first few episodes so it isn't that big of an issue.

But man, that forced romance. 12 episodes is a fine time for the plot with Amon. I never felt bored, yet never felt watching further was too daunting a task. I practically marathoned the entire series because surprisingly enough I just couldn't wait to see what happened next. I got really into this. But you just can't shove contrived love triangles (squares if you count Bolin???) into that amidst everything else and expect that to be believable. I'm not saying it's impossible, but you generally gotta focus on one or the other; getting through the plot or developing your characters' affections enough for it to be believable. We really didn't get too much development and unfortunately the season as a whole suffered from just general awkwardness. That Penny Arcade comic up there pretty much says enough.

Despite that I really got into this series/season. I haven't watched The Last Airbender beyond the first few episodes (mainly due to me bein' a dumb teen), but this go 'round they captured me and had me begging for more. I hope Nick gives this series a Blu-Ray release because I can't wait to give Korra a crack in HD.

I'm pretty sure I just regurgitated what was likely said throughout this thread but I just got here and there's 38 pages guys

Edited by Mykonos

So am I the only one who far prefers Korra over The Last Airbender, despite the love triangle bullshit?

A lot of it's preference, but I loved the general tone, atmosphere, music, writing, and characters in Korra a lot more than TLA. Amon's also one of my favorite villains in anything ever.

• Thumbs Up 2

So am I the only one who far prefers Korra over The Last Airbender, despite the love triangle bullshit?

It's a difference in length and quality.

The Last Airbender had a longer length which in turn had a far more developed cast, and despite the Deus Ex Machina at the end it managed to progress at a steady pace and still be of decent quality.

Korra on the other hand has a much shorter length, and feels more rushed with it's characters at a few glaring moments. It has much better animation and visuals and manages to take the scenery and other parts up to a whole new level, so it still has it's charm in it's quality.

Kinda hard if you ask me. I'm slightly leaning toward The Last Airbender, but depending on season 2 I might be won over by The Legend of Korra.

The Last Airbender has Toph.

I think we know how this comparison will end, I'm sorry.

• Thumbs Up 3

I almost feel tempted to say I liked Korra a lot more only because TLA was a childhood thing for me that went by passively, while with this I had the experience of feeling the hype and revisiting old characters and knowing the old references, feeling the impact of the story with every episode, actually knowing the gravity of certain situations in the show as I watched it, and getting immediately invested with the characters. It was an experience that was different than TLA, in which I just sat down and saw new episodes as a kid but I didn't understand character development or the humor, I just saw people with funky powers and, yeah.

So its probably the exact opposite of nostalgia filter, I'm sure TLA was the better show but the experience of watching Korra was unrivaled compared to it.

• Thumbs Up 2

A lot of it's preference, but I loved the general tone, atmosphere, music, writing, and characters in Korra a lot more than TLA. Amon's also one of my favorite villains in anything ever.

Not really... I kinda liked Korra a bit more than Airbender. Clumsy romantic subplot aside and a few rushed moments, I thought it was pretty dang good. I liked a lot of the characters, animation, the setting, the story and heck, the humor actually made me chuckle a few times, which is more than I can say about The Last Airbender.

I'm really looking forward to season two, and hopefully they'll get more episodes than last time so that it wont feel as rushed.

I like both, but I lean more towards Korra; the characters grew on me a lot faster than they did in TLA.

Am I the only one who really hates Meelo?

I was actually shocked to learn how popular he was with the fanbase. I can't stand him.

No, you're not. He kinda freaked me out and all of the farting stuff was kind of alienating. butnickelodeon

• Thumbs Up 1

Nah, don't worry. I couldn't stand him. He's like Aang at the beginning of TLA, but with the hyperactive behavior pumped up 500%, and I don't even like Aang.

Edited by Desudash Demonhoof

I like Meelo, and I don't hate him because hyperactive behavior is normal for a kid his age, which I why I usually don't hate fictional kids similar personalities, I only don't like it if it's a trait that is in characters who are older, like Season 1 Aang.

Am I the only one who really hates Meelo?

I was actually shocked to learn how popular he was with the fanbase. I can't stand him.

Eh, I don't really care for Meelo either. He reminds me of all sorts of kids that I really wouldn't like in real life... Not to mention an excuse for the show to use fart jokes.

I hate how nickelodeon seems to have a fetish for fart jokes... They just have to put a fart joke in pretty much every cartoon they have. dry.png

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

Oh boy, dis gun be good. With any luck it will air around the same time Xaolin Chronicles does, if so that woupd he great.

This pleases me, now the only thing that will please me more is if Mako is mauled by Platypus Bears.

On a more serious note, they have more than enough episodes to fix what they screwed up with in Season 1.

EDIT: Btw, you might wanna restate this; Season 2 will have 26 episodes, but there are still 14 more episodes apparently apart of Season 1 that will air in 2013; Season 2's air date is unknown.

Edited by The Batman
  • Thumbs Up 1

This pleases me, now the only thing that will please me more is if Mako is mauled by Platypus Bears.

Or break-up with Korra? Geez, the amount of hate he get's nowadays, and I'm already pissed off at how they rushed the relationship so poorly. :lol:

EDIT: Btw, you might wanna restate this; Season 2 will have 26 episodes, but there are still 14 more episodes apparently apart of Season 1 that will air in 2013; Season 2's air date is unknown.

...wait, so we're still in Season 1? Oh dis' gon' be REALLY good!

...at least I hope so...I need to stop abusing the ellipses...

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Or break-up with Korra? Geez, the amount of hate he get's nowadays, and I'm already pissed off at how they rushed the relationship so poorly. laugh.png

Okay, so I'm watching the 5 videos on LoK "Making of a Legend". I'm not trying to reignite the whole Makorra forced romance hate, but looking back at that episode and seeing Mako look back and Bolin and Korra before their game starts, I seriously can't help but think "OMG the sooo did this shit on purpose."

It was like that one scene got so overlooked at everything else regarding the relationship. Still doesn't make Mako less of a jerk for dump Asami, nor does it make the relationship at the end feel less rush (okay, so it kinda does, but still...), but looking back at that small point almost puts it in an understandable light...almost.

It still leaves Asami with absolutely nothing, unless she ends up running Future Industries herself and gets some of the stuff she gave up back. Because really, I think many of us have obviously been feeling sorry for her so much. And Bolin too, can't forget about how he got his heart broken despite him getting over it...or the lack of focus he's been getting for the most part.