Awoo.

goku262002

This might be one of the rare cases where the canon couple is a BAD idea.

Only because it was done badly.

In the original series I didn't really like Aang and Katara getting together because of my apathetic views towards Katara, but I will concede that it's my own bias and not due to the fact that the relationship was poorly done/developed because it wasn't.

Again, that's because they had 3 seasons to to build it up until it came to a satisfying conclusion while Mako/Korra had just a small season (not even a season, because Mako was with Asami for 75% of it) and as a result it was done badly.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well there's that and the fact that he dumped Asami, a girl who helped him out when he was in need of it for the probending tournament, allowed him to stay with her in her mansion when their old home was destroyed by the Equalists, and then sacrificed everything she had that helped him, from her fortune to her family, in order to do the right thing. I don't see how in the hell anyone could break up with someone so selfless and spoiled sweet, especially considering that she could have been a spoiled rich bitch with all the money she had.

Had he stayed with Asami, I'd have actually liked him. But the way things were rushed came the third act, it was just poorly done and my liking of Mako fell with it. He's in a difficult dilemma right now, but I do think there is a way he can made a better character. It involves him breaking up with Korra, however.

He didn't really dump her, he just randomly got together with Korra =P

I don't see how in the hell anyone could break up with someone so selfless and spoiled sweet, especially considering that she could have been a spoiled rich bitch with all the money she had.

I don't really agree with this sentence. If you don't.. let's say "love" somebody, I don't think you should stay with them 'cause they're super duper cool and nice and whatnot..

• Thumbs Up 1

He didn't really dump her, he just randomly got together with Korra =P

Yeah. Guess what else that's called?

"Cheating." Not any better.

I don't really agree with this sentence. If you don't.. let's say "love" somebody, I don't think you should stay with them 'cause they're super duper cool and nice and whatnot..

Right, and that totally excuses Mako being ungrateful for all she did for him.

Nevermind the fact that he did love Asami and wanted Korra to back off, only to start falling for Korra when she did and things got worse in the city. So that's even less of an excuse.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

I think was Marcel was saying is that, even if the writing of the relationship was better; Mako staying with Asami simply because of all she sacrificed rather than genuine feelings for her isn't really a good foundation for a relationship.

• Thumbs Up 1

You don't know our pain!

it was the longest 6 months of my life...

DID SOMEONE SAY PAIN?

deva-pain-pein-master-32420641-716-716.p

I think was Marcel was saying is that, even if the writing of the relationship was better; Mako staying with Asami simply because of all she sacrificed rather than genuine feelings for her isn't really a good foundation for a relationship.

And I'm saying those feelings were pretty damn geniune and due to the poor writing his change of heart came out left field and ungrateful as a result. Had the writing been any better, had the pacing not been rush, this probably wouldn't have been a problem in the first place.

Yeah. Guess what else that's called?

"Cheating." Not any better.

I wasn't trying to defend it, I was pointing out how bad it was done

Right, and that totally excuses Mako being ungrateful for all she did for him.

Nevermind the fact that he did love Asami and wanted Korra to back off, only to start falling for Korra when she did and things got worse in the city. So that's even less of an excuse.

And I'm saying those feelings were pretty damn geniune and due to the poor writing his change of heart came out left field and ungrateful as a result. Had the writing been any better, had the pacing not been rush, this probably wouldn't have been a problem in the first place.

And here I slightly disagree again. I'm sure he was in to Asami, but it's obvious you tell someone coming on to you to back off when you have a partner. You don't have to have very deep feelings for some for that. The relationship seemed like a pretty basic teen romance to me.

I agree with it having been rushed and done awfully, though. It was certainly awful. There was no break up or real build up to it, Korra and Mako were just together, Asami was super cool with everything in the end. There wasn't even mention of it. It was just there.I hated that.

Korra randomly being able to air bend and her getting her other powers back per deus ex machina were even worse to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually found the sudden unlocking of her airbending to make sense seeing how that was the one element she couldn't use despite having all the training down for it.

Then again...what the hell blocked it in the first place if she actually had all the fundamentals of Airbending down anyway? She had gotten over the opposing personality part that made it difficult, didn't she?

And here I slightly disagree again. I'm sure he was in to Asami, but it's obvious you tell someone coming on to you to back off when you have a partner. You don't have to have very deep feelings for some for that. The relationship seemed like a pretty basic teen romance to me.

Well if you don't have deep feelings for someone to tell someone else to back of, it's a question of why you're in the relationship in the first place. I think basic teen romance can make a lot more sense than what The Legend of Korra pulled off, even when it does something stupid like cheating (boy that's an oxymoron). but regardless it's just fumbling on the writers.

I actually found the sudden unlocking of her airbending to make sense seeing how that was the one element she couldn't use despite having all the training down for it.

Then again...what the hell blocked it in the first place if she actually had all the fundamentals of Airbending down anyway? She had gotten over the opposing personality part that made it difficult, didn't she?

This was my problem. It made the bending blocking make no sense to me. It made sense for Amon to block something like those chakra holes from Naruto to me. Or do something with the blood. So it would take away the general power of bending away, not just what you've learned or perfected.

Hell, I'd have been cool with her nullifying the blocking by going in to Avatar mode.

Well if you don't have deep feelings for someone to tell someone else to back of, it's a question of why you're in the relationship in the first place. I think basic teen romance can make a lot more sense than what The Legend of Korra pulled off, even when it does something stupid like cheating (boy that's an oxymoron). but regardless it's just fumbling on the writers.

You don't need some deep feelings for every relationship if you ask me. It depends were you want to go with a relationship.

Also, he was with her because she's hot and has a motorcycle =P

But that implies deeper feelings and thoughts for the person in where you want to take and develop relationship with, anything less can be seen as being shallow and brings the relationship into question. It's one thing for you both to have jumped into the relationship without thinking and discover the relationship isn't working out, but that tends to be handled appropriately under the circumstances; immature souls settle it immaturely, mature folks do it maturely, and so on.

You don't have to be so sickeningly into each other, but there are feelings there that holds that relationship depending on where you go.

Well, being shallow is what makes teens teens.

Also, there are plenty of people in relationships that aren't planning to stay together forever or have any long-term plans and just want to have fun.

Well, being shallow is what makes teens teens.

Yeah, adults aren't that different either, and they suffer either way nor is it any excuse.

Also, there are plenty of people in relationships that aren't planning to stay together forever or have any long-term plans and just want to have fun.

Yeah, and those aren't the relationships I'm talking about here.

1010237_670158756333042_573300313_n.jpg

I know Kya's supposed to be the oldest, but she looks so much older than her brothers than I expected.

btw, first image of Kya. :3

She's older than I thought (Though to be honest, I forgot about her)..

Hopefully the show focuses on the adults more.

Edited by MarcelloF

Well Tenzin's 51, so Kya has to at least be in her 60's.

Also, I look forward to some wacky sibling hijinks with those three.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have the season 1 Blu-Ray? If so, could you tell me if it's region free? Germany is apparently getting it DVD only and split into two parts. I don't see anything on Amazon UK for a UK release.

I've been hyped since the finale last year. I just want to know when the damn season is coming. And from the looks of it, it's going to be this fall....or winter. Please be the fall.

I just hope this season will be much better than the last one.  While the darker, more steampunk-esc location of Republic City was great to explore and the world being fleshed out more was great, but the characters themselves really disappointed me. 

Korra was just a really bland character and despite her being a blend of Toph, Kitarra, and Zuko character trait wise, it would have been best if she the level of character development that Ang and his friends went though in the original series; nothing bad happened to her outside of her anxieties/fear of Amon and being captured by the middle of the series while in the original series, Ang woke up in a world 100 years older than him, lost all of his family outside of Apa, lost major battles like the invasion in season three, and defeated the fire lord without killing him despite everyone (even his past lives) telling him otherwise. 

Yes, these events were throughout the entirety of the original series, but by that fact alone, you would think the story writers would think of some interesting things for Korra outside of being a more aggressive bender and creating a dam love triangle between three characters that engulfed what ever plot the series had. This season has a lot to prove and by the looks of it (focusing on more interesting things happing to Korra with her entering the spiret world, introducing a stronger cast of characters) it will do just that :)

• Thumbs Up 1