Awoo.

goku262002

So yeah, finale was awesome as hell. (Never really cared that much about the romance so I ignored the forcefulness of it).

And I'll just leave probably my favorite part from the finale here

Damn you Tarrlok, you and your sad story.

Didn't notice Amon shedding a tear before the boat blows up.

Now to patiently await for Season 2 of my favorite cartoon.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

So does anybody think Korra will restore bending to Amons victims? The way I see it give bending back to everybody except crooks who were benders (Lightning bolt zolt). She can even give the Wolf Bat guy his bending back, sure he was an asshole but he wasn't a criminal.

Also, who do you think is gonna take Tarlokk's place since he, you know, committed suicide/murder?

Now to patiently await for Season 2 of my favorite cartoon.

I still can't believe the team had the balls to do that. I'd understand if this was an anime or something but a USA cartoon....doing that?

It pleases me that Pelly hates Mako for the very reasons why I hate him.

It pleases me that Pelly hates Mako for the very reasons why I hate him.

We all hate Mako for the same reasons dude. We all do.

• Thumbs Up 7

More love to the best character in the series.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q103_Zs4LGM

Oh Meelo. You are my favorite Avatar character. Now only if you had some cactus juice like Sokka......

Wouldn't be a Nickelodeon show without a fart or poop joke in it somewhere. How typical rolleyes.gif

Oh well. I'm actually looking forward to the second season of TLoK, and hopefully they'll get more episodes this time around so it wont feel as rushed like certain parts of this season.

Edited by Wayward Vagabond

I kind of didn't even mind Mako and the romance until like the last few episodes. I figured he was just confused, yeah sure it was assholish, the things he was up to, but I thought "alright, he's just not all too sure how he feels but if he's smart he'll back off and take some time to think"

Of course then he never got around to that and the Makorra shit (which I never liked but tried to tolerate) was pushed even harder and then stuffing it into the ending in spots where it really didn't belong just didn't go well with me. I don't know why, because Mike and Bryan did great with the characters in Avatar, but they really didn't do a very good job here. They're trying to make interesting characters and all it's doing is making me hate most of them.

oh also I'm really bothered that Korra had her mouth open during the avatar state and it -wasn't glowing-

WAY TO DROP THE BALL FAGGOTS

Edited by Noir
  • Thumbs Up 1

We all hate Mako for the same reasons dude. We all do.

Not true... not true at all

I hate him because.....damn... you're right... I ain't fooling no one

Um. Because it isn't there?

Guess my eyes were playing tricks on me. Because I swear the fire bender looked like him.

If there is any constellation to this, I can at least say that Mako is the only character that I outright don't like, all the others like Bolin, Tenzin (and his extended family) , Lin (holy shit so many "in" names) and of course Korra I still like to an extent. And the rest like all the minor guys (Amon's right hand man, the hobo dude) I just find inoffensive for the most part.

I realize why I hate Mako so much. He is the Sally Acorn of this series.

I hate Mako because I think he represents everything that's wrong with fiction that tries to use strong, female leads.

.....and I can't be the only one who's got to be a little bummed that every idiotic MaKorra shipping is doing a jig of glee while burning their Asami effages and not learning a thing in the process.

• Thumbs Up 8

Honestly, I can't say I hate, Mako...I mean anyone who can shoot lightning is awesome. Okay, maybe I do hate him.

There's no shame in hating someone that you still find awesome. But really, I think I would blame the dip in the writing along with him, but then again given what I said about Mako being ungrateful I don't even know if better writing would have made me not hate him. Maybe give him some points in liking him, but I'd still dislike him regardless. I think I wouldn't hate him very much or at all if he stayed with Asami.

I hate Mako because I think he represents everything that's wrong with fiction that tries to use strong, female leads.

.....and I can't be the only one who's got to be a little bummed that every idiotic MaKorra shipping is doing a jig of glee while burning their Asami effages and not learning a thing in the process.

What's there to learn about?

...no really, I'm just very addicted to information at the moment so I wanna read what there is to learn for the sake of learning the depth of this.

I realize why I hate Mako so much. He is the Sally Acorn of this series.

Explain, because unlike how you thought of Sally, Mako isn't very much of a sue kind of character.

I've been watching the bit where Korra blasts Amon out the window over and over, due to how good the animation was with Amon metaphorically falling from grace after his time on top, and his mask cleanly blown off his face. I could never get tired of watching it.

The bit of music that plays at that moment is fantastic too. I actually tearbended when I first heard it. <3 It really gives off that "The invincible enemy has finally been beaten" vibe.

Edited by Dr. Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one that doesn't give a crap about the character romances in this series?

But anyway, I have to say that was a pretty good season finale. Korra airbending caught me off guard and Amon actually being a water bender/blood bender was a nice twist as well. Great, great show

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't really say I hate Mako, because aside from shipping(which I don't care too much about), he's hardly done anything to earn my hate, and actually has some pretty awesome moments when they aren't Korra related(as few as they are), his parenting towards Bolin, and it irks me that wasn't the focus of his character development. On the other hand, his entire character has been defined so much by that stupid romance and it hurts him as a result. He's not my most hated character, but he's far from me liking him.

I wouldn't say Mako is Sally Acorn per se, but his "love" is seen as something pure and good despite all of the crap he did to achieve it.

BUT THAT FUCKING FINALE, I think Iroh fucking flying through the air was a highlight as well as Amon and Tarlock's backstory. Guys, as bad as the romance was, it doesn't change the fact that this finale was indeed awesome, if only for Iroh, Amon and Tarlock.

• Thumbs Up 3

Who's willing to bet Mako will be added to the scrappy page on tv tropes?

Who's willing to bet Mako will be added to the scrappy page on tv tropes?

That happened like two weeks ago.

So I recently saw this on DeviantArt:

amon_sucks_by_topcowimage2df-d54qaxy.jpg

I find it hilarious that the added depth to Amon's character somehow went way over some people's heads and they're actually complaining about it. No, really. People are mad because Amon lied, and are saying he was just a generic, hypocritical, power-hungry bastard. That... wow. I'm not even going to address how downright idiotic that logic is.

I've also seen complaints that his death was lame and anti-climactic. No, really.