Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

It does raise the question of why Eggman used a "prototype Silver Sonic" in the comic's version of Sonic 8-bit if it takes place after the 16-bit version.

2 minutes ago, Mister X said:

It does raise the question of why Eggman used a "prototype Silver Sonic" in the comic's version of Sonic 8-bit if it takes place after the 16-bit version.

Perhaps he built that guy first, but didn't used him. Now he needed to slow Sonic down so send him knowing that it will probably fail.

14 minutes ago, andrewtuell1991 said:

S1 > S2 16-bit > S3K > S2 8-bit > Tails Skypatrol?  Interesting...

How do we know that S3K is in between? I mean, in games it's heavily suggested that it takes place right after second, but in Archie things might be a bit different.

And personally I don't mind Team Dark appearing a bit more frequently in SU. Shadow is "second most popular character in fandom" but he didn't appeared in the main book once (not counting Unite). And in Preebot he didn't appeared since Treasure Team Tango. Still, it would be nice to have a story centered around Omega or Rouge. Maybe Flynn should go back to original idea of SU, with each arc being 4 small stories. That way fist and last issue could be about Shadow, two in the middle about his team and sales wouldn't go down.

16 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Perhaps he built that guy first, but didn't used him. Now he needed to slow Sonic down so send him knowing that it will probably fail.

That's what I was thinking, too.

How do we know that S3K is in between? I mean, in games it's heavily suggested that it takes place right after second, but in Archie things might be a bit different.

I'd imagine it's still roughly the same. Eggman probably spent most of his time between 2 and 3 duping Knuckles, overseeing repairs to the Death Egg, building Badniks, etc. Not a lot of room to kidnap Tails, battle Sonic, get kidnapped by the Nauguses, then get saved.

And personally I don't mind Team Dark appearing a bit more frequently in SU. Shadow is "second most popular character in fandom" but he didn't appeared in the main book once (not counting Unite). And in Preebot he didn't appeared since Treasure Team Tango. Still, it would be nice to have a story centered around Omega or Rouge. Maybe Flynn should go back to original idea of SU, with each arc being 4 small stories. That way fist and last issue could be about Shadow, two in the middle about his team and sales wouldn't go down.

Yeah, I know Shadow's popular and would naturally sell an SU arc, but I would like to see him do something in the main book, too. I mean, when was the last time he and Sonic interacted at all outside of the brief conversations in the crossovers? 2009?

If the problem is that he doesn't get to show up enough and Universe provides the only screen time for him, maybe having it be Team Dark all the time is part of the issue. Going back to my previous comment, I feel like mixing up the old "GUN strike team" thing would actually give Ian more freedom, since Shadow, Rouge, and Omega could show up on their own from time to time, and for reasons other than, "the Commander has us on a mission." Again, Team Dark wouldn't be have to be gone for good, but just mixing it up would be refreshing.

Edited by Mister X

Is Shadow even considered a member of GUN in the games anymore? Last time he had any relevance in a story, he went all Team Rocket with Rouge to steal a race's prize money.

Probably not. The first and last (?) time they acknowledged that was in 06. Even in Rivals, I don't think he was GUN.

That's part of why I'd like it to be changed up occasionally in the comic. Not saying Shadow has to go full-blown villain, but doing things other than GUN missions would be nice.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Rotor could use a SU arc.

Just think about the guy, his father hated him and joined Eggman's army, his mother was ill when he was a kid in the recent issue and what I find most interesting about him is how pragmatic is he is.

He's always so focused on the greater good of restoring the world and is sometimes pretty unconcerned about others personal problems. Always prioritizing the main mission before the side missions, I don't know if this will be an issue he'll argue with his teammates or just a simple gag.

It doesn't necessarily have to be about his backstory, I mean I don't know if 255 and 276 got it down well enough but I think it could work fine as a typical mission with something or someone that's relevant to the current plot.

Obviously, you're gonna need a SEGA character with him if you want the arc to sell. 

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Mister X said:

Probably not. The first and last (?) time they acknowledged that was in 06. Even in Rivals, I don't think he was GUN.

Hmm, to be fair, Shadow did rock some GUN branded gear in both All-Stars racing games (2010 and 2012). A re-purposed GUN motorcycle could be considered a throwback nod to his past, but the tank he drove in the second one was a prototype vehicle, heavily suggesting that Shadow still had at least thematic ties to GUN.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Hmm, to be fair, Shadow did rock some GUN branded gear in both All-Stars racing games (2010 and 2012). A re-purposed GUN motorcycle could be considered a throwback nod to his past, but the tank he drove in the second one was a prototype vehicle, heavily suggesting that Shadow still had at least thematic ties to GUN.

Oh yeah, forgot about those. But still, to my knowledge they otherwise don't really reference Shadow being an actual agent of GUN anymore in the games.

On 4/22/2016 at 3:08 PM, Inspector Shaddy said:

Uh, so it just gets worse because I made that joke before, but just now I found this 

Reveal hidden contents

cXA5lde.png

NStvzEj.png

QdjUiGx.png

5yvPLOI.png

fCGCKil.png

BaH90QH.png

s7cBNY1.png

fg4cjH9.png

cMqYKhz.png

(spoilered for...implications)

9b4.gif

What da...who da...how da...wow...

That's gonna burn my eyes for awhile.

(Did laugh out of my chair tho... :lol:)

Yeah, so as far as the whole 12th Egg Boss thing, all signs definitely seem to be pointing to Wendy Nagus being recruited. We're just two issues in, and we can already see it coming given the later covers. That'll be interesting to see, since Eggman will have a magical Egg Boss on his side. Think about tha--oh god, Science and Magic. As if Eggman couldn't get anymore terrifyingly broken.

• Thumbs Up 4

I actually prefer him as an agent honestly. Gives him some context and purpose for being around, and it brings a lot of his history full-circle...or at least it would if they didn't botch up everything with his own game. But it does show that he forgives GUN for what they did, and is willing to let bygones be bygones.

Honestly, there only one arc I'm looking forward to: the Silver Age sequel.

So far, it's the only one that's been hinted at.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/24/2016 at 10:40 AM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I would love an arc with Rouge, the Babylon Rouges, and Nack's gang racing each other for some treasure.

We kinda already got that with Treasure Team Tango.

And I'd like to see where Silver and his friends ended up. All we know is that Silver left them/got separated from them, and the last time we saw him chronologically (from his perspective; time travel and whatnot) was when he helped the Maverick Hunters capture Vile, which still happened after Xander retconned everything else.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 04/24/16 at 1:51 PM, Destructo-Dude said:

I think Rotor could use a SU arc.

Just think about the guy, his father hated him and joined Eggman's army, his mother was ill when he was a kid in the recent issue and what I find most interesting about him is how pragmatic is he is.

He's always so focused on the greater good of restoring the world and is sometimes pretty unconcerned about others personal problems. Always prioritizing the main mission before the side missions, I don't know if this will be an issue he'll argue with his teammates or just a simple gag.

It doesn't necessarily have to be about his backstory, I mean I don't know if 255 and 276 got it down well enough but I think it could work fine as a typical mission with something or someone that's relevant to the current plot.

Obviously, you're gonna need a SEGA character with him if you want the arc to sell. 

Meant to reply to this earlier, but I forgot until now... anyway

If they didn't do an SU arc, I think it would be good to do a series of back up stories in the main book. That way they might not have to tack on a SEGA character like they did with Tails in Spark of Life. It'd be like the older comics, with the whole Walrus Herd story back in the day.

In any case, I'd love a story about any of the FFs going out on their own solo adventure(s).

• Thumbs Up 5

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 7:59 PM, Inspector Shaddy said:

Not sure what you meant. I just think since generally love between humans and animals is weird, and they're representing it with two weirdos, it's not trying to condone bestiality like what people can say about Sonic 06

4 hours ago, ChaosSupremeSonic said:

Yeah, so as far as the whole 12th Egg Boss thing, all signs definitely seem to be pointing to Wendy Nagus being recruited. We're just two issues in, and we can already see it coming given the later covers. That'll be interesting to see, since Eggman will have a magical Egg Boss on his side. Think about tha--oh god, Science and Magic. As if Eggman couldn't get anymore terrifyingly broken.

Indeed. I'm glad I'm not the only one who supports this theory. B)

Tbh, part of me hopes that Wendy either isn't the twelfth Egg Boss or that she just outright abandons her title at the end of the arc to stick with Wally. I kind of like the idea of two wizard siblings just going around causing trouble.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Forte-Metallix said:

We kinda already got that with Treasure Team Tango.

And I'd like to see where Silver and his friends ended up. All we know is that Silver left them/got separated from them, and the last time we saw him chronologically (from his perspective; time travel and whatnot) was when he helped the Maverick Hunters capture Vile, which still happened after Xander retconned everything else.

Yeah, but there it was for G.U.N, Blaze's team took the focus, Shadow and Omega was there, and Rouge was displayed as an alpha bitch for that arc. I mean we just see these three teams go after a jewel that G.U.N don't want, like maybe it's an extremely priceless jewel, and Rouge wants to get back to her roots as a treasure hunter, only for the Babylon Rouges, and Nack's team going up against her. Even Rouge specifically against Nack and Jet could be a good story.

• Thumbs Up 2

i'd like to see an arc where Breezie and Metal meet again.. i'm still curious to see what happend between them during Heroes or at least more flashbacks about it hehee XD....

• Thumbs Up 7

30 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Yeah, but there it was for G.U.N, Blaze's team took the focus, Shadow and Omega was there, and Rouge was displayed as an alpha bitch for that arc. I mean we just see these three teams go after a jewel that G.U.N don't want, like maybe it's an extremely priceless jewel, and Rouge wants to get back to her roots as a treasure hunter, only for the Babylon Rouges, and Nack's team going up against her. Even Rouge specifically against Nack and Jet could be a good story.

Maybe it could be like a Babylonian relic. Rouge wants it because she loves treasures and jewels, the Rogues want it because they think it's rightfully theirs, and the Hooligans want it so they can sell it on the black market.

EDIT: Bonus points if Knuckles is involved somehow, since he's considered a treasure hunter as well. Hey, add Relic and have her geek out over the Babylonians.

Edited by Mister X
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Drawloverlala said:

i'd like to see an arc where Breezie and Metal meet again.. i'm still curious to see what happend between them during Heroes or at least more flashbacks about it hehee XD....

Well I don't think anything happened between them during Heroes because he was busy impersonating Eggman and showing up everywhere the heroes went. And after, she'd be shit outta luck because Eggman removed Metal Sonic's free will.

• Thumbs Up 1

You think the Babylon Rouges will once again have their own arc in the current continuity like they did in the old one or not?

• Thumbs Up 1

I think they would, at some point. (HOOLIGANS VS. ROGUES VS. ROUGE PLS) 

I'm wondering if they're still connected to the Battle Kukkus in any way, or if they're just their own thing like in the games now. Would be really interested if it was the latter, honestly, since I'm curious as to how the Battle Kukkus would be handled.

I forget... was the implication that all Mobian birds were descended from aliens in the preboot continuity?

• Thumbs Up 2

35 minutes ago, Destructo-Dude said:

You think the Babylon Rouges will once again have their own arc in the current continuity like they did in the old one or not?

Absolutely! I'm intrigued as to where their journey takes them after the events of Sonic Free Riders. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering that the Rogues (both in the games and the preboot) already went through their major stories (as in, finding out they're descended from ANCIENT ALIEN SPACE GENIES WHOOOAAAA), it will be quite interesting to see where they go from here.

• Thumbs Up 6

7 hours ago, Destructo-Dude said:

They definitely will show up eventually, but I wouldn't wait in suspense. Flynn isn't to exited to write about them, last time they putted Sonic into the story half way through...yeah, I don't think their top priority.

Honestly, I wasn't a fan of Babylon Rising. There were some nice elements (combining 2 riders games, a bit depth for Speedy), but half way through no victory was earn.

Sonic? Magic ring. Nagus? One punch in the belly and he's down like a chump. Tails? Speedy just held him for the whole story. A computer that will destroy the planet, main threat of this story? Pick the cube, smash the cube, go home. And Sonic did this, so Rouges feel even less like heroes of this story.