Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Sonic Universe #84 will officially be released on the 27th, but hopefully we'll receive a preview in the next few days.

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Arranos said:

Which Issue is coming out tomorrow & what's the schedule look like after that?

Next Universe on the 27th (next week)

Next StH on May 11th.

• Thumbs Up 2

Two reasons I can think of as to why;

A. SEGA got on their grill about making a new Echidna.

B. They wanted to make it more obvious that he's not an Echidna for those that were thinking that Ian was making more. 

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Huh. I noticed that the solicit for Universe 88 is slightly different from last time. 

The original from back in March said this:

But the newest one says this:

Not a huge difference, and it probably doesn't mean anything important, but I just found it kinda odd that they changed it. Maybe they wanted it to be more of a secret or something?

(oh and hey, this is my first post here. Hi ^_^)

Hmmm, might have something to do with SEGA's restrictions caused by the Penders lawsuit, where the only Echidna can be Knuckles and his tribe? Probably because the latter had a hessy fit about it on his Twitter. XP

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Detective Reptiles said:

Two reasons I can think of as to why;

A. SEGA got on their grill about making a new Echidna.

B. They wanted to make it more obvious that he's not an Echidna for those that were thinking that Ian was making more. 

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I'm mainly leaning toward the latter one (I personally suspect he's Naugus in disguise) since I don't think SEGA would allow them to make a new echidna character to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 1

Either way, we know Nixus is an "Echidna" and we know the common assumption is that Nixus is Naugus in disguise.

...they trolled me back then because I thought it was a redesigned Thrash...

Edit: Just had a thought. Imagine Eclipse also trying to collect the Master Emerald Shards and having him fighting off Knuckles, Amy, and Team Dark! Just a thought.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Arranos said:

Either way, we know Nixus is an "Echidna" and we know the common assumption is that Nixus is Naugus in disguise.

...they trolled me back then because I thought it was a redesigned Thrash...

Edit: Just had a thought. Imagine Eclipse also trying to collect the Master Emerald Shards and having him fighting off Knuckles, Amy, and Team Dark! Just a thought.

I mainly suspect it's Naugus because he has some of the Emerald shards Knuckles is looking for. Plus Naugus could shapeshift in SatAM IIRC, so maybe that's how he's disguising as an echidna?

I wouldn't be surprised if Eclipse was involved, too, considering Team Dark is going to appear.

• Thumbs Up 1

Or better yet, what if Nixus is Walter Naugus in disguise, and then he and Knuckles come across a post-reboot Thrash the Tasmanian Devil. That would be unexpected but humorous. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

In all seriousness, has Ian said whether or not he can use Thrash? It would be good to kind of "redeem" Thrash after the whole Endangered Species thing.

On a side note, I'm sort of curious about the Hidden Palace. Going by the cover to 87, it's the Sonic 2 version, so that should be interesting.

35 minutes ago, Mister X said:

In all seriousness, has Ian said whether or not he can use Thrash? It would be good to kind of "redeem" Thrash after the whole Endangered Species thing.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 7:45 PM, Stardust said:

Hm. But wasn't there a statement given by Ian Flynn where he said he had ideas for the character?

Edit: I accidentally screwed up with that last post. Sorry about that. :(

Anyway, about Thrash: it's pretty likely that he won't be returning anytime soon. Whenever people look at Thrash, they see Penders. I originally thought he was going to be the Tralius Egg Boss before Maw made his debut, so any hope for Thrash now is gone.

Makes sense, since Thrash's backstory was rooted in the old Echidna stuff.

If Thrash does come back, I really hope he isn't an Egg Boss, though.

• Thumbs Up 8

9 hours ago, Mister X said:

I mainly suspect it's Naugus because he has some of the Emerald shards Knuckles is looking for. Plus Naugus could shapeshift in SatAM IIRC, so maybe that's how he's disguising as an echidna?

I wouldn't be surprised if Eclipse was involved, too, considering Team Dark is going to appear.

Maybe more Snively than Eclipse ? Snively want the M.E., and I'm not sure that the M.E. is a priority for Eclipse, now that he escaped Angel Island.

For Nixus/Naugus, if it's him, maybe we will have some information about the presence of troll technologies in Angel Island ?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

Maybe more Snively than Eclipse ? Snively want the M.E., and I'm not sure that the M.E. is a priority for Eclipse, now that he escaped Angel Island.

For Nixus/Naugus, if it's him, maybe we will have some information about the presence of troll technologies in Angel Island ?

True, but Eclipse DID want the Master Emerald before Knuckles shattered it. I imagine that he'd figure, "Well, I can't get the whole thing, so I'll just look for pieces of it." Snively's still a possibility though, since there's that whole secret plan thing he has.

As far as the troll civilization thing, I don't think Relic meant that they lived on Angel Island as much as she was just comparing the technology to the crystalline... something?... that the trolls used. Plus, if the Hidden Palace the solicits mention is actually the Sonic 2 version, it'd make sense -- Hidden Palace does have lots of crystal-like things, and the Japanese Sonic 2 manual mentions a great civilization that lived on West Side Island. 

Ooh, and if the trolls DID live on West Side Island, maybe that's why Naugus wants to conquer it?

4 minutes ago, Mister X said:

True, but Eclipse DID want the Master Emerald before Knuckles shattered it. I imagine that he'd figure, "Well, I can't get the whole thing, so I'll just look for pieces of it." Snively's still a possibility though, since there's that whole secret plan thing he has.

As far as the troll civilization thing, I don't think Relic meant that they lived on Angel Island as much as she was just comparing the technology to the crystalline... something?... that the trolls used. Plus, if the Hidden Palace the solicits mention is actually the Sonic 2 version, it'd make sense Hidden Palace does have lots of crystal-like things, and the Japanese Sonic 2 manual mentions a great civilization that lived on West Side Island. --

Ooh, and if the trolls DID live on West Side Island, maybe that's why Naugus wants to conquer it?

I'm pretty sure it's the S&K Hidden Palace, since that one's much more relevant to Knuckles. I'm guessing "Nixus" will claim he can tell Knux some sort of long-lost secret of their ancestors that's been hidden there or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Forte-Metallix said:

I'm pretty sure it's the S&K Hidden Palace, since that one's much more relevant to Knuckles. I'm guessing "Nixus" will claim he can tell Knux some sort of long-lost secret of their ancestors that's been hidden there or something.

I dunno, the cover to 87 seems to feature Sonic 2's Hidden Palace. Plus Knuckles is looking for shards outside Angel Island. 

If only Archie didn't have so many delays we would probably know by now :/

• Thumbs Up 1

Visually the Hidden Palace in 87 is clearly the Sonic 2 one, now the question is what context does it appear in- Ian might be merging both, with the S2 one being part of the SK one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Might not be best to judge what this Hidden Palace looks like based on what's on the cover. 

Considering how misleading they can be and all.

• Thumbs Up 3

If they're misleading things to the point they have a literal different setting from the setting they're baiting us with in the cover, I'll be pretty pissed V:

• Thumbs Up 2

I just can't imagine it being the S&K one simply because the story is apparently about Knuckles searching for the Emerald shards that scattered from Angel Island. I could be wrong, though. 

4 hours ago, The KKM said:

If they're misleading things to the point they have a literal different setting from the setting they're baiting us with in the cover, I'll be pretty pissed V:

Or maybe like you said they are merging the two. Might be best to wait for the issue than jump to conclusions.

5 hours ago, The KKM said:

Comic covers literally do that all the time man... 

• Thumbs Up 5

Yah, you're right, there. Even back in the day the Sonic comic covers could potentially be quite misleading,

like #215 did with Sonic supposedly fighting Akhlut, where as he doesn't really meet him yet..  Sonic216

Or with #131, where it looks like Mobius: something Years Later would actually be a good story.  STH131

• Thumbs Up 7