Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

1 minute ago, Toby said:

I read it as Carrotia being childish and hyper, rather than psychotic.

"Rocky-rocky! Backsies forthies~!"
"Wakey-wakey. Bones to breaky!"

Eeeeeh. It might've been intended as childish and hyper, but really, seeing a not-a-child talk like this really just reminds me of, well, other Ian-brand psychotic characters from before like Rosie or Flying Frog. Either that or a cynical more grown person trying too hard to sound childish and relaxed.

Oh god, I forgot about her (I was thinking you meant Rosie from SatAM :wacko:). Yeah, to me that sounds like something Rosy would say to Scourge or something.

Maybe she'll be different in future issues, but going by that it seems a bit more on the "psycho" side (which, again, is kind of redundant when the group already has Falke).

• Thumbs Up 2

Just read the issue and it's interesting to say the least, but I'm getting more and more worried about the pacing.

Spoiler

1 "There is nothing 'mere' about Tails./ They'll find that out same way I did ---the hard way." I thought Tails didn't "stepped out of Sonic's Shadow" yet. Yes, I am nitpicking

2 Scene with Tassel Boy feels kinda pointless. We have many characters, few pages to use.

3 Thunderbolt is super adorable

4 "So the plan is to divide and conquer" Okay, this really annoys me. SPLITTING IS NOT WHAT "DIVIDE AND CONQUER" MEANS. Why is everyone using that incorrectly? The idea is to stay united and split the enemy.

5 Other Egg Bosses are fun too (except for Axel), especially Conquering Storm and Hood show nicely their personalities and differences. Maw keeps attention. He just feels mysterious. Also, for some reason I hear his voice and japanese and his dialogue as subtitles.

6 As for Witchcarters, I actually like what I learned. We have a Psycho, a Harley Queen and Berserker. They have a theme: mentally instability. Sonic's Suicide Squad.  It makes perfect sense why they are being mind controlled by Naugus: because they have the weak minds. That's kinda interesting

7 Off Panel: Aleah & Thomas rule, Eric.........he........kinda....not so much.

6 hours ago, The KKM said:

Sonic Heroes is nothing to go by because the whole point is that exactly because he turned on Eggman then, Eggman erased his personality.

Is it cannon in games or comic? I never heard it from official sources., just as people's head canon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Canon to the games. Granted, it was very quietly brought in as an explanation, but you can find it (eg his Sonic Runners bio).

Mentioned on Sonic Channel, too (Google translated): 

Then, by the hand of Dr. Eggman again, it is returned to the original obedient combat mecha. 

This probably sounds more callous than I mean it to be, but I genuinely thought he'd left already, judging by how his social media is now entirely about his IDW and creator-owned work, and the hints he dropped that he was involved in that court case of the Archie higher-ups somehow.

Oh, I suppose there's the months delay though, he's probably not been part of Archie for ages now.

Anyways, not that sad to see him go, simply because I think he's probably fitting Disney stuff much more, and doing a good job of it. He's being better used by IDW, no doubt.

• Thumbs Up 2

I will miss his little headers (Sidekick Parade, Needlemouse thing), but in the he wasn't appearing that often anyway, so I'll live.

I still hope that one day someone will color his A Crisis of Infinite Hedgehogs That thing is beautiful.

• Thumbs Up 4

Off-Panel will never be the same

EDIT: I'll miss Momma Robotnik cameos, too.

But seriously, sad to see him go after all this time, but I hope he's doing well with IDW

Edited by Mister X

They are really hinting towards Wendy becoming the 12th Egg Boss.

The more they hint towards it, the more I want it to happen.

We'll see what happens in the next two issues.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Arranos said:

They are really hinting towards Wendy becoming the 12th Egg Boss.

How so?

So,. what I was suspecting happening back in February ended up being right. Jon Gray's "toxic relationship" he mentioned on Twitter back then was Archie comics and he's no longer with the company.  Scott Shaw has said some awful stuff about them in the past. They really must be an awful company to work for.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I will miss his little headers (Sidekick Parade, Needlemouse thing), but in the he wasn't appearing that often anyway, so I'll live.

I still hope that one day someone will color his A Crisis of Infinite Hedgehogs That thing is beautiful.

Fucking love that image, why did he never release a higher resolution version?

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Some sad news, Jon Gray has just confirmed that this is his final issue :(

Kinda knew it, we've even discussed this on Skype.

I knew he felt a while ago but damn that is horrible. What the heck is going on with Archie? 

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

How so?

Spoiler

Eggman would recruit her after Walter got fed up with her whole "Eggman is handsome!" nonsense, or Wendy will just outright betray his own brother because she's a total TROLL like that. During the end of "Sonic Universe Issue 83", Eggman already gathered up ALL of his Egg Bosses (to which there's only 11 of them in total revealed on the last page) at that point. Therefore, the last Egg Boss will most likely be someone that Eggman recruits at the end of the whole arc (similar to how Regina Ferrum was promoted as the last Grandmaster in Scrambled).

This is the 12th Egg Boss we're talking about, yet Eggman only summons 11 of them in TOTAL during the first issue. It's perfectly logical that Eggman will recruit the last Egg Boss at the end of the arc. Wendy is treading on extremely thin ice due to her flirty behavior towards Eggman. Walter won't be pleased about that.

If you don't believe me about Wendy, maybe you could provide your own reasoning/explanation as to who you think the last Egg Boss is (or just anyone in general)? I was already proven wrong about Falke-Wulf being "the last one", but he's still on that cover with Nack, Battle Kukku, and Metal Sonic. That should be a foreshadowing clue as to who the last Egg Boss really is...

21 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

I knew he felt a while ago but damn that is horrible. What the heck is going on with Archie? 

Archie Comics has always been a horrible, seedy place to work for.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, SilverStarN64 said:
  Hide contents

Eggman would recruit her after Walter got fed up with her whole "Eggman is handsome!" nonsense, or Wendy will just outright betray his own brother because she's a total TROLL like that. During the end of "Sonic Universe Issue 83", Eggman already gathered up ALL of his Egg Bosses (to which there's only 11 of them in total revealed on the last page) at that point. Therefore, the last Egg Boss will most likely be someone that Eggman recruits at the end of the whole arc (similar to how Regina Ferrum was promoted as the last Grandmaster in Scrambled).

That doesn't prove that that's what they're hinting towards.

And, for all we know, there could already be a twelfth Egg Boss that Eggman knew/discovered was unavailable for some reason. (Though it would have to be some pretty extenuating circumstances, given how he wasn't buying Mordred Hood's excuse for not showing up) But if there's not a dozen by now, then Wendy's the only candidate for being recruited, but she'd need a better reason for betraying her brother than "I find this guy attractive."

• Thumbs Up 1

No kidding. If you want one of the most infamous examples of Archie not giving creative staff their due, look up Dan DeCarlo.

• Thumbs Up 1

From what I read, working for all comic book companies is pretty bad (I heard more about Archie then the others, though)

20 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

And, for all we know, there could already be a twelfth Egg Boss that Eggman knew/discovered was unavailable for some reason. (Though it would have to be some pretty extenuating circumstances, given how he wasn't buying Mordred Hood's excuse for not showing up) But if there's not a dozen by now, then Wendy's the only candidate for being recruited, but she'd need a better reason for betraying her brother than "I find this guy attractive."

She's a tech enthusiast, and I imagine that Wally isn't as fond of machines as Eggman is. Eggman probably offered her technology and robots or something if she joined him.

46 minutes ago, SilverStarN64 said:

If you don't believe me about Wendy, maybe you could provide your own reasoning/explanation as to who you think the last Egg Boss is (or just anyone in general)?

I'll bet it's Vanilla.

• Thumbs Up 4

One could say some companies are really better, like IDW, but might also just be the case not enough time has gone by for the rotten stuff to come public.

1 hour ago, Forte-Metallix said:

And, for all we know, there's already a twelfth Egg Boss that Eggman knew/discovered was unavailable for some reason. (Though it would have to be some pretty extenuating circumstances, given how he wasn't buying Mordred Hood's excuse for not showing up) But if there's not a dozen by now, then Wendy's the only candidate for being recruited, but she'd need a better reason for betraying her brother than "I find this guy attractive."

It's just a theory I had to Falke-Wulf being on the cover of STH Issue 284. If he's so special, then why is he even on that cover in the first place? What am I trying to imply with this, you may ask? Well, on the top portion of all 4 covers of Issues 284-287...you can see the Freedom Fighters (w/Gemerl, King Acorn, and Chip), along with the Sky Patrol and the Gaia Colossus.

Now, here's where it gets interesting...the bottom portion of all 4 covers. Aside from the Dark Gaia monsters, you can see the Death Egg, right? Look at the four characters who are WEST of Dr. Eggman...the Battle Kukku, Nack, Metal Sonic, and Falke-Wulf. Is there any reason why HE's standing next to Eggman? Even though he won't be an Egg Boss, he still has something to do with Eggman if the other 3 characters are there as well (who have a connection with Eggman too).

Besides, wasn't it confirmed that the Hooligans would play an important role in this story arc? It's called "Panic in the Sky", so of course the Battle Bird Armada will get involved too. Metal Sonic would obviously play a crucial role here as per usual. If that's the case, then the Witchcarters would play an important role as well.

All I'm trying to say is that this whole story arc is essentially "Sonic and the Freedom Fighters vs the Eggman Empire". The top portion shows our heroes, while the bottom portion shows our villains. This is also why I believe Wendy is the last Egg Boss. Even though she's not on the cover, they're trying pretty hard to keeping the last Egg Boss' identity a secret, although Falke-Wulf's presence there is a foreshadowing clue, IMO.

Although, I do like your theory as well. I guess I could possibly see that happening...

We'll have to wait until the final issue of "Eggman's Dozen" to see what awaits Wendy's fate...

1 minute ago, SilverStarN64 said:

It's just a theory I had to Falke-Wulf being on the cover of STH Issue 284. If he's so special, then why is he even on that cover in the first place? What am I trying to imply with this, you may ask? Well, on the top portion of all 4 covers of Issues 284-287...you can see the Freedom Fighters (w/Gemerl, King Acorn, and Chip), along with the Sky Patrol and the Gaia Colossus.

Now, here's where it gets interesting...the bottom portion of all 4 covers. Aside from the Dark Gaia monsters, you can see the Death Egg, right? Look at the four characters who are WEST of Dr. Eggman...the Battle Kukku, Nack, Metal Sonic, and Falke-Wulf. Is there any reason why HE's standing next to Eggman? Even though he won't be an Egg Boss, he still has something to do with Eggman if the other 3 characters are there as well (who have a connection with Eggman too).

Besides, wasn't it confirmed that the Hooligans would play an important role in this story arc? It's called "Panic in the Sky", so of course the Battle Bird Armada will get involved too. Metal Sonic would obviously play a crucial role here as per usual. If that's the case, then the Witchcarters would play an important role as well.

All I'm trying to say is that this whole story arc is essentially "Sonic and the Freedom Fighters vs the Eggman Empire". The top portion shows our heroes, while the bottom portion shows our villains. This is also why I believe Wendy is the last Egg Boss. Even though she's not on the cover, they're trying pretty hard to keeping the last Egg Boss' identity a secret, although Falke-Wulf's presence there is a foreshadowing clue, IMO.

Although, I do like your theory as well. I guess I could possibly see that happening...

We'll have to wait until the final issue of "Eggman's Dozen" to see what awaits Wendy's fate...

Yes, I can clearly see the covers, thank you.

But if Wendy and her cronies were working for Eggman, wouldn't Falke have visible cybernetics? For all we know, Team Naugus will be a third party in this chaos. I'm not saying you're wrong, but we currently have no concrete evidence either way whether Wendy will join/has joined Eggman.