Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Not a huge fan of the closeup covers for StH, but the Sonic Universe cover is the most epic cover since 184. I love covers that make me think of movie posters. Easily some of Tracy's best work right there.

Eh, I'm getting real tired of Yardley covers, looks like my comic collecting is gonna be boring for the rest of the year <_<

But on the upside, Oil Ocean zone! And Sonic Universe #20 is probably Yardley's best cover yet. Just saying I'm missing Spaz is all.

If I started collecting Sonic the hedgehog from the latest one onwards would I get completly lost in the story plot? Also is Sonic Universe fellow the same plot as STH or nothing in universe has reference to any of the STH Stories? I'm getting all the sonic the hedgehog achieve comics so in 10 years time I would of caught up.

So, am I misunderstanding the timeline here or is Bunnie suddenly in two places at once?

Also, Dust Hill Zone?

Sonic Universe consists of side stories that aren't necessarily set at the exact same time as the actual Archie comics. Mobius: 25X years later, anyone...?

In this case, the Tails arc may be around the same time as the current comics, but it isn't necessarily at the exact same time. The StH comic Bunnie appears in may be after or before the Tails Adventure arc.

Yeah, I think Universe is like any concurrent series of comics. Separate unless they need more than one book to tell a story.

The SU comics are basically for whatever 'extra' stuff the writers want to put out there. Sometimes they're side-quests (e.g. Journey to the East), sometimes they're AUs (Mobius XYL) and sometimes they're character specific spin-offs. They don't really serve one concurrent purpose, and how directly relevant to the main comic they are depends, arc to arc.

sth217.650.jpg

LOL TOPICAL

obama2.gif

Edited by Frozen Nitrogen

Descriptions are up, as well as the preview for Who's Who. For some reason, the preview for Who's Who was on Comiclist, but not on Archie's website like the others. O.o

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #217

"Thicker than Water" Part One:

Sonic and Bunnie head out into the Great Desert to aid Freedom Fighters in need, but they get caught up an whirl-wind ruckus! Who is friend and who is foe? Sonic comes face-to-face with enemies of the past while Bunnie is reunited with someone of her mysterious past! Then, in "Welcome Back, Chao!" Amy Rose runs into a few familiar faces - and a few new ones, too!

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn.

ART: Ben Bates, Jamal Peppers

On Sale at Comic Shops: 9/8/2010

Newsstands: Week of 9/21/2010

32-page, 40 lb glossy stock, full-color comic

2.99 US

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #218

"Thicker Than Water: Part Two,""Hindsight":

It's Sonic versus Bunnie in a no-holds-barred battle! The prize: the sprawling Oil Ocean Refinery! Two factions stand poised to attack as hero turns on hero - but is everything as it seems? There will be as many revelations as explosions! Then, in "Hindsight," Dr. Eggman calls Snively in for questioning. What is the conniving little man up to this time?

ART: Ben Bates and Jamal Peppers

COVER: Tracy Yardley!, Terry Austin, and Matt Herms

On Sale at Comic Shops: 10/6/2010

Newsstands: 10/19/2010

2.99 US

SONIC UNIVERSE #20

"Trouble in Paradise" Part Four of Four

Deep in the enemy base, Tails and his friends fight to survive the assault from the terrible Mole Mech! But even if they come out on top, do they stand a chance of escaping with their lives? Don't miss the thrilling conclusion!

ART: Tracy Yardley!, Jim Amash, Phil Felix, and Jason Jensen

On Sale at Comic Shops: 9/22/2010

Newsstands: 10/5/2010

2.99 US

se1.150.jpg

THE COMPLETE SONIC THE HEDGEHOG COMIC BOOK ENCYCLOPEDIA

Sonic the Hedgehog is the longest running video game-inspired comic ever! But who is Sonic? Why do they call Dr. Robotnik "Eggman"? What is a Chaos Emerald, and what exactly does it do? Sonic's world is a big place, and it's easy to get lost in over 300 issues worth of stories. Enter this essential reference volume to save the day! This all-encompassing illustrated encyclopedia is the ultimate guide to Sonic's world, loaded with key information on characters, teams, magical artifacts and more! All this, plus an extensive world map of Mobius and a timeline that sheds new light on past events.

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

ART: Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, Tracy Yardley!, Steven Butler, Jamal Peppers, Terry Austin, Jim Amash, Jason Jensen, Matt Herms and various talents

6"x9", glossy stock, full-color graphic novel

On Sale at Comic Shops: 9/29/2010

Newsstands: Week of 10/12/2010

$12.95 US

Edited by Immortheus

Then, in "Welcome Back, Chao!" Amy Rose runs into a few familiar faces - and a few new ones, too!

Interesting. Could this be Cream's first appearance in regular Archie canon, or perhaps something even more interesting?

I think I smell Cream coming......

Bunnie's gone bad AGAIN? why does she do this so often! She was bad (controlled I know, but the mgazine described it as Bunnie gone Bad) in the Iron dominion, Apparently goes Bad for the Battle Kukku's and now bad after that! Originality people!

Anyone want to take a guees at our next Universe Arc? I know we're getting a Knuckles one at the end of the year and I've heard hints about a Silver one. My guesses are on Silver honestly.

I know we're getting a Knuckles one at the end of the year

But we just got Knuckles...

Maybe a Froggy arc, no, not Big, Froggy.

Am I joking? Perhaps...

Oil Ocean in Archie comics? Cool!

Though as for a possibility of Cream debuting, I seriously hope not since of course, being one of my least favorite char for having an uninteresting personality and hardly does squat esp. in the games. However, if Archie could make her a more likable char, then good yet I'm hoping it is someone else.

Oil Ocean in Archie comics? Cool!

Though as for a possibility of Cream debuting, I seriously hope not since of course, being one of my least favorite char for having an uninteresting personality and hardly does squat esp. in the games. However, if Archie could make her a more likable char, then good yet I'm hoping it is someone else.

It definitely seems likely with

Big being exiled to New Mobotroplis. Definitely looks like Flynn's slowly forming Team Rose.

It's difficult, but certain places will get them in for you. Forbidden Planet, for example. Although if you want them on subscription, I think you have to have a minimum subscription of at least 3 different comics... at least, last time I checked. Otherwise, there's eBay etc if you don't mind waiting a bit. Personally, I download mine from TKA and then get them sent to me from America in bulk a few times a year. So I do actually buy 'em, but I read them online first since I'm impatient :3

Where is Forbidden Planet?

Where is Forbidden Planet?

There are lots of stores across the country [although sadly a few have shut down now ):]

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=store_locations

You can find your nearest one there.

Edit: My bad! Wrong Forbidden Planet!

http://forbiddenplanet.com/stores/

That's the one. They do both actually sell the comics, so... XD;; Yeah, it gets confusing. You could go to either. But the new link is the one which has shops in London (as well as other places), which is where I personally go.

Just got SU17 in the mail. Story's lookin' pretty epic so far. There are also a few neat things, like them using both the "BattleBird Armada" and "Battle Kukkus" names to refer to the avian soldiers. Speedy is referred to as "The Sixteenth BattleKukku of the BattleBird Armada". The Rogues are also mentioned by one of the soldiers. As for why the BBA apparently hates Tails....

They believe that only birds are meant to rule the skies and that the fact that Tails can fly is an abomination against nature. They refer to him as a "freak".

Awesome issue.

They believe that only birds are meant to rule the skies and that the fact that Tails can fly is an abomination against nature. They refer to him as a "freak".

Aaargh, dammit. I had that idea once, I swear! Did we both swipe it from someone else, I wonder?

Well, I can't help but call it clever. I really like a lot of what I'm seeing here, and I'm normally only very casually interested in the Archie comics. If it weren't for the E3 hubbub stealing all of my energy, I'd probably be pretty excited about this.

The birds in the Sonic comic fly? The ones in the games sure don't =P

Oh wait, the flickies, though I get the idea we're talking about anthros.

Edited by Phos
  • Thumbs Up 1

Speedy flew in Tails Adventure. In others news, the preview pages for StH #214 are up.

sth214_0.jpg

sth214_1.jpg

sth214_2.jpg

sth214_3.jpg

sth214_4.jpg

sth214_5.jpg

Also, according to a solict magazine, the back-up story for StH #217 has been changed. Instead of featuring Amy, it's now going to feature Lien-Da.

While Sonic's past brings him face-to-face with deadly enemies, Bunnie's past reunites her with a mysterious old acquaintance. Who is friend and who is foe? Then, Dr. Eggman takes center stage in a shocking backup tale that finds him revealing the restored Lien-Da-but what has he done to her?!

Actually, IIRC, the Wolf Pack is from the StH TV series from back in the day. I don't know where the cats came from though.

Actually, IIRC, the Wolf Pack is from the StH TV series from back in the day. I don't know where the cats came from though.

The cats are original to the comics, although they probably wouldn't have been introducded if it wasn't for Big.

I'm pretty sure one of those is the Wolf Pack, so they'd be a Penders creation. I'm willing to bet this blood feud is the work of Flynn though.

Edit - Nevermind, the ninjas are right. Though these comics have been going on so long it's hard to tell what you can call a non-Sonic style.

Edited by Dabnikz

Weren't the cats the ones Pachacamac was fighting back in the day, according to the comics?

Lol mysterious cat country