Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

This is the off panel of Sonic Universe #75:

BzvZdpql.jpg

(click to enlarge)

Notice the name of Sonic Boom's producer Bill Freiberger as the writer.

• Thumbs Up 6

Love seeing Jon return to pencils.  Been missing them a whole lot.  Hopefully we'll see more of them (oh, the wonders they could so during Worlds Unite :P )

This is the off panel of Sonic Universe #75:

BzvZdpql.jpg

(click to enlarge)

Notice the name of Sonic Boom's producer Bill Freiberger as the writer.

Wow thats the first thing that Bill has written that actually made me laugh

So now that all seven Emeralds have been found in time for Worlds Unite, do you think we'll get another Super form finale?

On the one hand, yay! This probably means Sticks and X will turn Super, too!

On the other, boo! The Emeralds will most likely scatter again, and the Freedom Fighters will be back to Square One. Oh, well. They still haven't found any of the Gaia Temples, so it seems Mobius Sonic's World won't be coming back together any time soon.

On the other, boo! The Emeralds will most likely scatter again, and the Freedom Fighters will be back to Square One. Oh, well. They still haven't found any of the Gaia Temples, so it seems Mobius Sonic's World won't be coming back together any time soon.

oh.. well... in Sonic Unleashed;  Sonic never loses the chaos emeralds... so he can only search for the GAIA temples..

unless mr.Ian wants to go by the "adventure like" plot (like he is doing with knuckles, by collecting the Master Emerald shards)

and the Freedom Fighters can lose any of the chaos emeralds at any moment thanks to some of the Eggboses...

so many possibilities.. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh jeez, I would hope the Emeralds don't scatter again when we're so close to going around the world to put them in the Gaia Temples and face off against Dark Gaia, that would be kinda of a jerk move to have to find them all over again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh jeez, I would hope the Emeralds don't scatter again when we're so close to going around the world to put them in the Gaia Temples and face off against Dark Gaia, that would be kinda of a jerk move to have to find them all over again.

That would make things unnecessarily long if you ask me. We're almost a year and a half since the reboot, and we've only see one Gaia Temple so far, and we've still got a long way to go. For all their writing blunders, their pacing has been good so far, so I would be rather upset if they ruined it - unless what we get out of it ends up being worth the extended time, which wouldn't surprise me, but still...

I don't see this going on for any more than another 2 years, 3 at a stretch. Scattering the emeralds would really lengthen that a bit too much.

I think Sonic and friends will keep the Emeralds, but of course they still have to hunt down temples. I think at most they'll be powered down for Some Reason like they were at the beginning of Unleashed.

Rats. While it's a good render, I was hoping Bates' version with the almond eyes would become the 'definitive' Sally. Now she's officially a Tails-alike forever. D:

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyone read Universe issue 75 yet? If so, What did you think of it? Also, on my digital copy at the very end instead of the letters page there's an ad for World Unite and that you can read it all on Comixology. I think that might be exclusive to the digital copies. If there is a letters page in the physical comic, can someone share it?

I wish that they didn't rely on people reading the Origins to properly explain Silver's new status quo or the Genesis Portals. Especially since its been delayed. I still haven't seen Digest 11 and seen Nicole's Origin story.

But otherwise, I appreciate seeing the FF's interact with the wider world, like the GUN soldiers. It seems like preboot, Ian really limited human/Mobian interaction outside of Team Dark & GUN and the Robotniks.

how do you get tails from that? 

It's the facial design really (flat face, narrow doe eyes), it just looks so little like her original counterpart and more like a generic SEGA character.

In fairness she was like that for a fair while before the reboot though.

The change needed seems so damn small and simple though. I tried it myself:

http://e-122-psi.deviantart.com/art/S-C-Redesigned-Sally-Wallpaper-333467312

• Thumbs Up 1

I think they mean the eyes? Sally had, I guess you could say, "sharper" eyes before the reboot, but now they have a rounder shape that's similar to Tails's eyes.

It happened before the reboot really, especially with Yardley's art. They were more feminine and almond like in the early days, they made a big difference to how she expressed. Bunnie's were similar, but not so much, so the change isn't quite as drastic for her.

The facial design tends to be a touchy element to retool. It's what helps convey the personality of a character so changing it can change how the personality comes out. Of all the changes made to her, the only thing that kinda bugged me about Amy's modern redesign for example was the eye shape. They were more doe-eyed and innocent originally, while the newer ones have that more perpetually angry look akin to Sonic's.

It happened before the reboot really, especially with Yardley's art. They were more feminine and almond like in the early days, they made a big difference to how she expressed. Bunnie's were similar, but not so much, so the change isn't quite as drastic for her.

The facial design tends to be a touchy element to retool. It's what helps convey the personality of a character so changing it can change how the personality comes out. Of all the changes made to her, the only thing that kinda bugged me about Amy's modern redesign for example was the eye shape. They were more doe-eyed and innocent originally, while the newer ones have that more perpetually angry look akin to Sonic's.

Amy's eyes aren't "angry" like Sonic's at all. Sonic's eyes aren't even "angry", otherwise they'd be more sharp and angular like Shadow and Knuckles. Sonic just has that "Aw yeah, I'm gonna win this" face. Amy's eyes look wide eyed and innocent.

wow! Rafa Knight just submited this to deviant art!

its titled Neo Sally Acorn:

i notice its more thin than the previous one..

original___sonic_the_hedgehog_257_cover_ i notice the other difference on her hair..

Comparing the older model for the sake of time:

official___neo_sally_acorn_by_elesis_kni

Sally_Post_WWC_V2.png

The skin color is lighter, her Ring-Blades are brighter, and her hair is a deep but bright red. But it's a good model.

• Thumbs Up 2

Comparing the older model for the sake of time:

official___neo_sally_acorn_by_elesis_kni

Sally_Post_WWC_V2.png

The skin color is lighter, her Ring-Blades are brighter, and her hair is a deep but bright red. But it's a good model.

well..  its a nice model..but i agree with E-122-Psi;  i'd wish they could go by the Ben Bates way

here you can see her Re-Design develoment ----> http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/069/1/e/sally_redesign_part_3_by_benbates-d79n8oe.jpg

but anyway... its really nice though.. ^_^

well..this was the Early 3D Sally for Rafa Knight

brown_on_the_hills_by_elesis_knight-d56y

i think it looks like a mix between Yardley's Sally (wich looks similar to Tails' head because of the wiskers and the muzzle) and to Ben Bates' pre-reboot Sally

and also..; i hope this help,  well.. there is some fans who tried to make a 3D Sally using some official characters features...

Between Rouge and Tails' features ...

sally_updated_model_almost_done_by_darkh

so basically those are the most look a like; to make a Sally 3D..

-.-.-.-

here is one that look less Tails like...

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/050/2/9/princess_sally_acorn_by_benj18bk-d39whhz.jpg

9jXYBCn.png

Amy's eyes aren't "angry" like Sonic's at all. Sonic's eyes aren't even "angry", otherwise they'd be more sharp and angular like Shadow and Knuckles. Sonic just has that "Aw yeah, I'm gonna win this" face. Amy's eyes look wide eyed and innocent.

k0UVoM7.png

• Thumbs Up 3

But Amy doesn't have the butt brow, therefore her eyes don't have the edge that Sonic's has! XP

Anyway, I really like Sally's redesign as well as the rest of the FF (besides Antoine's nakedness). They actually LOOK like Sonic characters now and they certainly wouldn't look out of place in a Sonic game!

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah I see, Ben Bates's Sally had more angular, sharp looking eyes, now I see.

But Amy's eyes however are more wider and rounded than Sonic's through, I don't get how her eyes look more angry than Sonic's.

i think she has a "heart shape" on her eyes

but also she might look more angry because of her bangs.. they used to cover a little one of her eyes

amy-rose-167.jpg