Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I go for a night's sleep and the topic explodes.

On a lighter note, both versions of the original Endangered Species were going to have a happy ending, and Finitevus would have been a very important character on the original road to #275.

...I didn't say light, just lighter

That reminds me did anybody ever read Ken's plans if he had stayed in the book?

Yes. From what I can remember, the short term stuff made it sound as if the comic was really going nowhere fast. And there was going to be a 25 issue gap between Antoine and Bunnie getting engaged and getting married (#175-#200).

Yes. From what I can remember, the short term stuff made it sound as if the comic was really going nowhere fast. And there was going to be a 25 issue gap between Antoine and Bunnie getting engaged and getting married (#175-#200).

Yeah but I think the weakest idea was having evil sonic cause trouble in station square which will lead to sonic to hit on rouge and hoping Sally won't get involved and then the chaotix out of nowhere. Incase anybody doesn't know what I'm talking about http://www.kenpenders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=122

I'm glad that it never happened. None of those sound all that interesting...

Waiting that many issues to get Bunnie and Antoine married seems really tedious.

Penders is going to sue Sega over Sonic Mega Collection's use of his Archie covers and chracters:

https://twitter.com/KenPenders

Suing a company that released the game approximately a 11 years ago. Penders won't succeed at all! He's just a greedy idiot who want's stuff for himself and no one else. It's like 2 kid's fighting over a toy

Totally, and I don't wanna help "he who shall not be named" in any way but the Mega Collection was for retail sale as recently as October 2009.

Australia and New Zealand got the Sonic PC Collection which had retail discs for Sonic Riders, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Heroes and Mega Collection Plus all in one pack. Retailed for around $15 NZ in Auckland where I'm from. There was even a 15th anniversary set that included the PC Collection as well as a 15th anniversary mouse and mouse pad. Still that's over 4 years ago now, any revenue would be long since gone, it's way out of print now.

Guys still stark raving mad. If he didn't enough before, he totally comes off as a sue anything with a lose connection for cash monies type now. If he spent half the time he's used trying to sue people and actually used this "talent" he keeps insinuating he has, he could have had a brand new IP and characters on his hands to sell to a non-aggravated public from off the back of his time in the Sonic comics. Now he's just pissed a bunch of people and companies off that will never want to do business with him ever again. Its kinda like biting the hand the feeds you >.<

Even if the collection was released as recently as 2009, it's the same deal with Chronicles (which came out approximately around the same time as Unleashed, so near the end of 2008). There's no money to be had. He would've had to have struck when the iron was hot (i.e. within a few months of the game's release) to get anything. If it goes to court, and at this point, he's probably just trying to wear SEGA and Archie down with these petty stunts, it'll be thrown out like the others. Yeah, he's a real hero for creators' rights, all right. Kirby would be proud. *eyeroll*

But oh well, I can't say anything I haven't already said without getting blue in the face. If he wants to tarnish his career with stunts like this, there's certainly nothing I can do about it but refuse to support his products.

Yeah but I think the weakest idea was having evil sonic cause trouble in station square which will lead to sonic to hit on rouge and hoping Sally won't get involved and then the chaotix out of nowhere. Incase anybody doesn't know what I'm talking about http://www.kenpenders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=122

Well, thank goodness Flynn took over before any of that nonsense came to pass. Based on what's written here, and the general tone of the book at that point, Flynn was a breath of fresh air when the book had just stagnated into faux-superhero nonsense.

...suddenly I feel as if I've walked into a bad superhero comic.

Between that and the idea of having Sonic "play the field," I'm really happy that Ian took over. Considering the timeframe of when each story would be released...

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't say I didn't mind how things were originally going in the comic before Ian came along, but I definitely like the way things have gone since he has taken over for sure. The more you hear about how Penders was going to do things though, you become more and more glad that Ian is the one in control for the most part now instead of him.

...suddenly I feel as if I've walked into a bad superhero comic.

Between that and the idea of having Sonic "play the field," I'm really happy that Ian took over. Considering the timeframe of when each story would be released...

yeah everytime i read that i keep thinking that they dodge a bullet i can only image how the the comic could be like now if Ian never came in 

I still think, that if they can bring snively back, which I'm not why they couldn't, why not let him be his own villian instead of being Eggman's lackey. That something like the group begins thinking, oh its Eggman again, pffft. Then, OH CRAP, ITS SNIVELY! It does often times seems like snively's plans at least have minor success sometimes compared to Eggman's where everything considers him a joke. Would be funny to me at least ^^;

I'm just wondering what can they do with snively? We already have orbot and cubot as eggman's lackies so what purpose does snively have now?

As I said, let him go out on his own now or he is constantly doing stuff to try and get back into Eggman's favor if we have to have him be the lacky. Snively at least sometimes seems to plan his stuff a bit better than Eggman when he isn't having to fight Eggman himself to do them. Eggman I think just often gets caught into the overthinking things way too much to where he overlooks smaller things which end up costing him the battle.

Hoping to change the subject here, I think its a matter of time until people start getting the final issue of Countdown To Chaos

I'd say it will likely arrive right after christmas if I had to guess. I think the official date isn't until beginning of January obviously, so I would assume it would either be the end of christmas week or the very beginning of the next week. That would be my prediction of when the next issue arrives.

It can't come soon enough.

I'm itching to know what that secret in Sally's gloves are.

...Although I already have a guess.

How long is the usual time between SU subscription-get and STH Subscription-get?

Two weeks. Just like when you get it in the stores.