Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Snivley can probably be re purposed as an Eggboss quite easily. He's still a SatAM character so he's still usable. Now that Orbot and Cubot have his old job, not to mention his role as Eggman's lackey has kinda gotten stale, I feel like it's the best place to put him. He will be able to do his own thing without having to be undermined by the doctor all the time.

It can't come soon enough.

I'm itching to know what that secret in Sally's gloves are.

...Although I already have a guess.

I'm hoping that her blades are replaced with tonfas myself. They're unique weapons to have around and are pretty similar type of weapon Mecha Sally had, but mostly because they're awesome.

Snively's been mentioned to be coming back in one of the letter portions at the end of one of the post-#252 issues.

I am thinking, we won't be seeing redesigns for Scourge, Fiona Fox, and the Destructix until 2014, if were lucky, 2015, if were not lucky. Since they are still reintroducing the Freedom Fighters. 

I am thinking, we won't be seeing redesigns for Scourge, Fiona Fox, and the Destructix until 2014, if were lucky, 2015, if were not lucky. Since they are still reintroducing the Freedom Fighters. 

If they even come back......

I'm pretty sure we're never seeing any of those characters again.

I'm pretty sure we're never seeing any of those characters again.

I think I read somewhere that Ian has plans for Scourge, but otherwise I agree that the others are probably stuck in the old universe.

Shame if he dropped Moebius. I wanted to see a team-up between Kintobor and Eggman, and how they secretly like each other but gawk on how different and irritating they can get on each other's nerves due to their differences.

I dont think "Never" was ever said by Ian, the only thing he said currently is that Scourge is currently unknown. god I hope he gets back to us about that...

But just to be sure, Who were Fiona Fox and the Destructix created by?

Same, I hope Scourge and the Destructix aren't off-limits, but it'll probably be another year before we see them, anyway.

Fiona, I believe was technically a concept introduced by Mike Gallagher, but Penders was the one who introduced the real Fiona (Gallagher introduced a robot). So I'm not sure who that should fall under. The Destructix, I'm fairly certain, were created by Scott Fulop, who created Mammoth Mogul (who all debuted in a back-up for the "Mecha-Madness" special). So, for what it's worth they're safe from legal nonsense. Whether they'll come back is another story altogether.

For what it's worth, Penders did say Archie is free to use "his" characters, but since we don't know the details of the settlement, there's no telling if that means Archie can do what they want, or they have to go through some approval process or licensing agreement with him. I almost feel like the messy conclusion of "Endangered Species," the sudden disappearance of characters from #237 onward, and the whole soft-reboot tell us it could be the latter... but it's also important to note how far in advance those stories were (re)written before the verdict/dismissal was reached. So, I don't want to rule out the return of at least non-echidna related characters for the moment (though I still think it's a load of crap that Penders can make a claim to Scourge--especially since his first appearance was literally as Sonic in a leather jacket and shades, a design that went unchanged for probably 12 years before he was retooled into Scourge).

Snivley can probably be re purposed as an Eggboss quite easily. He's still a SatAM character so he's still usable. Now that Orbot and Cubot have his old job, not to mention his role as Eggman's lackey has kinda gotten stale, I feel like it's the best place to put him. He will be able to do his own thing without having to be undermined by the doctor all the time.

Having him be an Eggboss likely would be a good compromise for him. Let him do his own thing, but he still has that classic has to work under Eggman when he really doesn't want to do so. Where he still has Eggman's resourses, but he may not always be using them for the intended purpose of hurting others and for furthering his own plans to take over. Though, a lot of the Eggbosses have tended to think this way over time as well. I still remember how even Eggman refers to it all as almost as a game. They all listen to him, because he is the one with the most power and if they want to make a move for it, so be it, but there will be consequences for failing to grab it.

Don't all the Eggbosses run or oversee a different area of the planet or country type deal, and are usually themed to said area. Snivley could be retconned into the Eggboss of some Overlander area, or in charge of trying to take Station Square or something. Would make sense since he is also an Overlander. Or human...whatever they use these days post reset.

Well unless Regina doesn't exist in this world that is...

Well unless Regina doesn't exist in this world that is...

Well, Regina is from "his" era, but I'm not sure he belongs to him though. I don't think she does, but I would have to go look her up to see that. If they wanted to continue that little thing, they easily could, but having Snively in charge of some human like area would at least make sense.

Well, Regina is from "his" era, but I'm not sure he belongs to him though. I don't think she does, but I would have to go look her up to see that. If they wanted to continue that little thing, they easily could, but having Snively in charge of some human like area would at least make sense.

I'm fairly certain Regina, Monkey Khan along with pretty much all the Dragon Kingdom characters were created by Frank Strom (at least the ones prior to "Journey to the East" in Sonic Universe), since I believe he wrote most of (if not all) the Khan stories. Whether or not Archie finds them useful enough to bring back into the book in the future is another story altogether. It would be cool if the Dragon Kingdom becomes this universe's Chun-Nan though (since it's pretty clear that's how the universe is being set up).

I'm fairly certain Regina, Monkey Khan along with pretty much all the Dragon Kingdom characters were created by Frank Strom (at least the ones prior to "Journey to the East" in Sonic Universe), since I believe he wrote most of (if not all) the Khan stories. Whether or not Archie finds them useful enough to bring back into the book in the future is another story altogether. It would be cool if the Dragon Kingdom becomes this universe's Chun-Nan though (since it's pretty clear that's how the universe is being set up).

It would fit into the area nicely I would think, be it it has turned into Chun-Nan itself, or it is nearby or part of the city or a nearby settlement in the area, that is to be seen. If the archieverse is pretty much going to be turned into the Unleashed World only expanded in more detail, I see no problem there.

I've been reading archie's sonic and megaman si nce some months via scans, and Ian Flynn is doing a great job on both of them. Sadly I'm in France, which mans no one publishes them (yet...), so I have to rely on scans. I'm kind of annoyed because I really want to support the comics.

Anyway, here's some speculations about a S06 adaptation (if there will be one):

Eclipse will replace Mephiles (because I've heard he was mendated) and after the Shadow Fall arc, he will try his hardest to get revenge on Shadow and his companions. The story could involve both the Time Stones and the Chaos Emeralds (Time and Space) and instead of a time crisis, it will be about a dimensional crisis: Sonic's Dimension, Blaze's Dimension, and an alternate dimension where Iblis destroyed everything (and maybe some more).

Of course, this bigass event couldn't be just about some revenge scheme, and somehow Eclipse could triger something bigger without knowing it, or someone else would take advantage of the situation.

Just throwing my 2 cents on it.

Yes most game adaptions have already happened in this meshed universe. we already know SA1, SA2, SHTH, and Colors DS has already happened. but from the looks of it not in the same chronological order.

I'm aware of this. I recall an interview when Ian tell that, indeed, 06 already happened because of the retcon at the end of the game.

The thing is, he mentionned a possibility about solaris escaping the retcon a-la Doctor Who or something like that.

Now of course, we don't talk about actual adaptation but taking the curent event of past games and shaping original stories out of it.

For some odd reason, the Amazon listing for Best of Sonic Vol 2 gives a listing of the stories inside...except almost none of what's listed matches what's in the actual book.

Included in this collection are:

"Don't Call it a Comeback" & "I am the Eggman" (Sonic Archives 20 graphic novel)

"From the Inside Out" (Sonic the Hedgehog #220)

"Lost in the Moment" (Sonic the Hedgehog #231, and directly tied in to the Sonic Genesis graphic novel released in 2012)

"Mogul Rising" (Sonic the Hedgehog #185-186)

"Sonic Riders" (Sonic the Hedgehog #163-164)

"Unthinkable" (Sonic the Hedgehog #234)

Pretty certain this is evidence that the selections for the book where changed at the last minute to remove anything from before the Genesis arc. Plus the Sonic Riders adaption is listed up there, which the SU: Tails Adventure graphic novel promised in one of its footnotes.

That's a cool theory Daya, but I just can't really see it happening.  Not anytime soon at least.  However you're idea about Eclipse does sound similar to mine about him.

I'm pretty sure the court ruled that both Ken and Archie can use said characters (Though Archie preferred not to after this) so honestly I don't see how Ken will do any better in this case scenario. Especially considering that he suddenly chose to complain about this now, seriously, when the game isn't in production anymore. What is he doing, bothering Sega for laughs

At this point, I don't think anyone understands him any more. He has pretty much ruined his name, and people barely take him seriously anymore at this point. There is no telling what he will do now these days.

I don't really care about this anymore. It's gotten to the point where I treat this like "oh that's a thing" and "oh that happened" I just want the Lara-su chronicles to come out so I can see what all this legal trouble was really worth it. From what little I've read from the script("fark" really?) it doesn't look to good. If he wants to make the lara su chronicles graphic novel, movie, tv show, underwear whatever i dont care. If he wants to ruin his legacy and write his endgame fine by me. I advise everyone to just let him do what he wants and don't harass him on his forum and twitter

• Thumbs Up 1