Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I did some digging and found that that Sonic Mega Collection Plus for Windows was released on March 9, 2007.

I would think that would mean that it would still be in print in the year 2010 thus making it fair game for Penders.

At some point, yes. But it's no longer available. You can buy an old copy from sellers on Amazon, but that's not making SEGA or Sonic Team money (used game). It had to have been phased out by 2010 anyway, given SEGA's digital push since that time frame (the original games featured therein were re-released to PC in 2010). So no, there's not Mega Collection/Plus anymore.

Isn't there like a statute of limitations on the time you can sue though? This game is so many years old and the company isn't making any money on it anymore, so it is a worthless cause. If this guy seriously is going to try more lawsuits, he is going to do nothing more but continue to throw his name into the mud. Most people hate this guy with a passion and want him dead even. I've seen many that want that and would go cheer if he suddenly was gone. This guy is just ridiculous honestly. I can't believe there are some people that even want to listen to him anymore, since he is the butt that started all this mess.

Little extreme, but I think I get what you mean. Frankly, the man should be working on more creative things than kicking up dust and hurting his professional career with these stunts, but that's my feeling. He got his damn characters back, time to shut up and try to "wow" us with the supposedly amazing comi--er I mean, graphic novel and merchandising cash-cow that will surely set the world ablaze! SEGA and Archie will be sorry they ever let him go!

Isn't there like a statute of limitations on the time you can sue though? This game is so many years old and the company isn't making any money on it anymore, so it is a worthless cause. If this guy seriously is going to try more lawsuits, he is going to do nothing more but continue to throw his name into the mud. Most people hate this guy with a passion and want him dead even. I've seen many that want that and would go cheer if he suddenly was gone. This guy is just ridiculous honestly. I can't believe there are some people that even want to listen to him anymore, since he is the butt that started all this mess.

Leave my cornball brother alone!

At some point, yes. But it's no longer available. You can buy an old copy from sellers on Amazon, but that's not making SEGA or Sonic Team money (used game). It had to have been phased out by 2010 anyway, given SEGA's digital push since that time frame (the original games featured therein were re-released to PC in 2010). So no, there's not Mega Collection/Plus anymore.

Even 2009 might be enough for Penders to make his case though.

Even 2009 might be enough for Penders to make his case though.

Nope. Same deal with Chronicles, which was released in 2008. He can make a case, but it doesn't mean he'll gain anything from it. At least not much, if previous cases are anything to go by.

Nope. Same deal with Chronicles, which was released in 2008. He can make a case, but it doesn't mean he'll gain anything from it. At least not much, if previous cases are anything to go by.

But the Chronicles case isn't over yet.

But the Chronicles case isn't over yet.

Last I heard, it was dismissed. You know something the rest of us don't?

Last I heard, it was dismissed. You know something the rest of us don't?

Help will come from the north.

That's all I can Marvel at.

What does that even mean?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh good, cryptic nonsense. That's not annoying at all!

If I have to take some kind of stab in the dark, given recent events, are you implying Gary Friedrich is going to somehow help Penders out? And would you care to give us a source to whatever claim it is you're making? Believe it or not, some of us are trying to have a conversation about this.

Oh good, cryptic nonsense. That's not annoying at all!

If I have to take some kind of stab in the dark, given recent events, are you implying Gary Friedrich is going to somehow help Penders out? And would you care to give us a source to whatever claim it is you're making? Believe it or not, some of us are trying to have a conversation about this.

Sorry but I can't say one word more. You'll just have to wait and find out.

I have an even more vague message that I pulled out of my behind:

The moose is about to be on the loose.

What could it mean??? (aside from nothing)

• Thumbs Up 6

Sorry but I can't say one word more. You'll just have to wait and find out.

Sorry, but unless you actually have something to keep this conversation going, I'm done with this nonsense.

Oh the ghost rider thing what was that about again?

Again, that was just a stab in the dark (jumping to a fairly ridiculous conclusion in hindsight) because he said "Marvel" but I don't see the point in putting stock in what this dude's saying. I shouldn't have been playing his game in the first place.

But the Ghost Rider thing was just Friedrich getting his fair share from Marvel. Though his case had more merit than Penders, since Ghost Rider is an original work. I'm glossing over the details, but I wasn't following that case very closely. Penders just wanted his knock-offs back because apparently expending creative energy in a new effort is just asking too much for someone who claims to be a creative. I'm sick of talking about Penders and legal bullshit now, though.

I have an even more vague message that I pulled out of my behind:

The moose is about to be on the loose.

What could it mean??? (aside from nothing)

This. Changes. EVERYTHING!

...so yeah, how 'bout that there comic?

So yeah how's um everybody enjoying the new continuity? Countdown to chaos has been interesting and PPP is how I feel about lost worlds story good character moments but a bad plot

So yeah how's um everybody enjoying the new continuity? Countdown to chaos has been interesting and PPP is how I feel about lost worlds story good character moments but a bad plot

Eh, other than the final battle feeling really rushed, I found "Pirate Plunder Panic" to be a lot of fun. I wouldn't say the plot's nearly as bad as Lost World's, but I guess I found PPP just that much more enjoyable. It helps it's not drowning in hollow replacement villains and the main cast isn't reduced to a bunch of a snarky jerkasses *coughTAILScough* or otherwise rendered useless (Knuckles and Amy? What was the point of even using them in Lost World?) but that's me.

Late to the game, but wouldn't Penders have to prove that the comic covers were a selling point to even begin the case? Saying Sega made money from them putting them on the disc is baseless conjecture. No one brought the collection for the comic covers, i don't recall it being advertised as a selling point on the box, at least not here in PAL territories.

People brought the game for its extensive collection of classic games. You don't fork out retail game price for 100 covers for a comic book on disc and go "oh sweet there's games on here too!!". Sega didn't make money because thy were on the disc, it was a free bonus thrown in to use up space, space I imagine they had to fill after they couldn't get Sonic CD working since it was spose to be in the collection as was originally reported.

• Thumbs Up 8

Late to the game, but wouldn't Penders have to prove that the comic covers were a selling point to even begin the case? Saying Sega made money from them putting them on the disc is baseless conjecture. No one brought the collection for the comic covers, i don't recall it being advertised as a selling point on the box, at least not here in PAL territories.

People brought the game for its extensive collection of classic games. You don't fork out retail game price for 100 covers for a comic book on disc and go "oh sweet there's games on here too!!". Sega didn't make money because thy were on the disc, it was a free bonus thrown in to use up space, space I imagine they had to fill after they couldn't get Sonic CD working since it was spose to be in the collection as was originally reported.

I should avoid coming back to this part of the topic, but just to answer your question, the back of the US box says that "Bonus material includes comic book covers, rare artwork, and more!" but that, in and of itself, doesn't make the comic covers a selling point. It's just bonus material (more of a curiosity, really). Anyone who picked up that collection, as you said, did it for the games; that was the first time since Sonic Jam those games were re-released, and notable since it was after SEGA became a software publisher only, following the re-releases of the Sonic Adventures and directly preceding the release of Sonic Heroes (so it's clear SEGA was doing a lot of work to acquaint their new found audience on Nintendo platforms with Sonic). Saying the comic covers were a huge selling point is a little too much of a stretch.

Totally, and I don't wanna help "he who shall not be named" in any way but the Mega Collection was for retail sale as recently as October 2009.

Australia and New Zealand got the Sonic PC Collection which had retail discs for Sonic Riders, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Heroes and Mega Collection Plus all in one pack. Retailed for around $15 NZ in Auckland where I'm from. There was even a 15th anniversary set that included the PC Collection as well as a 15th anniversary mouse and mouse pad. Still that's over 4 years ago now, any revenue would be long since gone, it's way out of print now.

Guys still stark raving mad. If he didn't enough before, he totally comes off as a sue anything with a lose connection for cash monies type now. If he spent half the time he's used trying to sue people and actually used this "talent" he keeps insinuating he has, he could have had a brand new IP and characters on his hands to sell to a non-aggravated public from off the back of his time in the Sonic comics. Now he's just pissed a bunch of people and companies off that will never want to do business with him ever again. Its kinda like biting the hand the feeds you >.<

Figure it out.

Trust me, a black swan moment is about hit Penders V. Sega.

Ok mr hotshot, instead of being cryptic and speaking in riddles, please inform us where are you getting this holy grail of information?

Ok mr hotshot, instead of being cryptic and speaking in riddles, please inform us where are you getting this holy grail of information?

Don't go encouraging him. When it comes down to it there would be no comic without Sega. If ken really wishes to ruin his career completely he can do what he likes. Worse case scenario is the comic get cancelled and Sega go to another comic book dealer and release a comic purely on the game universe.

Ian Flynn is full of lies? So you want him to spill the beans and fired/arrested/seriosly fined, just because he is legally bound not to talk on the matter?