Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

It wasn't uploaded on the app store because it's new years day! It'll be uploaded tomorrow hopefully.

Are you sure? Can't wait for tomorrow then.

Yep, 2013 has been a pretty rough year for Archie Sonic. Annoying too because I was just about to get into the comics and I bought lots of back issues from eBay. And now with this reboot, I have to get used to all the new stuff!

Screw you Penders, seriously. I hope your stupid comic fanfic thing BOMBS.

• Thumbs Up 4

What? Do people on some digital app get the comics before the subscribers even get them?

No- We get them on the day they come out in stores. Because of the christmas holidays it's most likely delayed the subscribers copy. Most people will be going back to work tomorrow so the comics will hopefully be coming out then

Yep, 2013 has been a pretty rough year for Archie Sonic. Annoying too because I was just about to get into the comics and I bought lots of back issues from eBay. And now with this reboot, I have to get used to all the new stuff!

Screw you Penders, seriously. I hope your stupid comic fanfic thing BOMBS.

Oh God that sucks

I say the sooner we get the rest of the actual details to the dangling threads before the soft reboot, the better most of us can move on and enjoy the new verse.

• Thumbs Up 1

That won't happen until Ian compiles that Lost Tales thing, and the latest he wants that out is Summer 2014.

That won't happen until Ian compiles that Lost Tales thing, and the latest he wants that out is Summer 2014.

I've no problems with waiting that long. As long as I get closure to those changed arcs.

I've no problems with waiting that long. As long as I get closure to those changed arcs.

Same I was curious how the arc would end and the aftermath

Ken Penders (On Twitter) - "I've been leaning towards a live-action production, utilizing make-up, prosthetics and CGI to pull it all together."

Oh wow is this guy for real?? If this does happen I can't wait to see the final product! It'll give me a good laugh that's for sure.

Ken Penders (On Twitter) - "I've been leaning towards a live-action production, utilizing make-up, prosthetics and CGI to pull it all together."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLKhxjfG03A

I guess this is part of his whole merchandising/licensing scheme he's been dreaming of? It's almost a little disturbing that these characters are somehow worse off with their creator than they were under the big corporations that (originally) owned them.

I'll honestly be shocked if this thing takes off at all and if there is a big studio willing to risk money for the kind of production he'd want for a project that has A LOT of bad publicity attached to it (all they'd need to do is a quick Google search to see both sides of an incredibly stupid argument). Oh well, "Penders is as Penders does," I guess.

Okay, I'm more convinced he's just trolling at this point.

And if he's serious I can't help but laugh.

He's definitely serious. And to think, there was a rather simple solution for him to actually get what he wanted...

If he actually gets a studio to risk their money with his plans, then, well... I'll have seen everything.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dear lord! This man is going to send me to the hospital, I had a good laugh-choking fit because of that. XD

Speaking of which, whats the progress report on this? whats he revealed so far?

Oh for goodness sake. This guy is getting more ridiculous with each update that comes up about him. He now wants to do live action of furry characters and with the way he does art and such, I can imagine how this will look, ew. Unless he starts his own studio and does this independent, which would take many years to get it done most likely, I don't see any big time ones wanting to be around someone with so much bad publicity as the others as stated.

Oh for goodness sake. This guy is getting more ridiculous with each update that comes up about him. He now wants to do live action of furry characters and with the way he does art and such, I can imagine how this will look, ew. Unless he starts his own studio and does this independent, which would take many years to get it done most likely, I don't see any big time ones wanting to be around someone with so much bad publicity as the others as stated.

Considering the progress made for "The Lost Ones" under his "Floating Island Productions" (totally original and not in any way pulling from Sonic, nope, not at all), doing something like this independently would probably bankrupt him. He's been supposedly talking to interested parties (I can't image who) to get this off the ground, but there's really no telling what, if anything, will come of this. He certainly has plans and ideas and ambitions, but for what it's worth, it's all hypothetical at this point.

Dear lord! This man is going to send me to the hospital, I had a good laugh-choking fit because of that. XD

Speaking of which, whats the progress report on this? whats he revealed so far?

Nothing much. Just that both planned endings for Endangered Species had a positive tone and that Finitevus would have been an important character in the run-up to #275.

Oh, and yes guys, he's pretty serious about the movie thing. That's been a stated goal for a long time.

Considering the progress made for "The Lost Ones" under his "Floating Island Productions" (totally original and not in any way pulling from Sonic, nope, not at all), doing something like this independently would probably bankrupt him. He's been supposedly talking to interested parties (I can't image who) to get this off the ground, but there's really no telling what, if anything, will come of this. He certainly has plans and ideas and ambitions, but for what it's worth, it's all hypothetical at this point.

Granted what I'd think he might try to do in order to avoid bankruptcy for this little pet project is try to make the nostalgic SatAM/Archie fans interested in this little work and garner enough support from them to try to see if he can leech off of their talents from the ones that might want to help out - even if they did show a modicum of interest in the project. Name dropping Sonic and relations to the series(and all of that) to see if he can get people to work on it for free as a fan collaboration where he takes most, if not all of the credit.

Thankfully, nobody in their right mind would want to touch this fresh pile of crap.

Did he ever say when the graphic novel will be coming out?