Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Why does everyone say everything is fan characters? It never makes sense to me, because it honestly acts like people think other characters of the same species can't exist and anything new is just fan-characters and such. It just makes me think people don't think there can't be other people in these worlds other than the main characters and that others of the same species can't exist.

• Thumbs Up 3

Why does everyone say everything is fan characters?

500px-Black_Oak.jpg

To be fair, the Black Arms were some of the worst designed enemies we've had for a Sonic game.

If you showed a person who's never heard of or played Shadow the Hedgehog, and asked them what game they think this enemy is from, they may never guess it's from a Sonic game.

They stand out more than the Storybook enemies and the 06 robots.

As for Eclipse, as least he has more of a personality and backstory than Mephiles.

As for Eclipse, as least he has more of a personality and backstory than Mephiles.

Not that I like Mephiles but to be fair just about all the comic characters have more of a backstory and a deeper personality than most if not all of the game cast >.<

I just feel that the term "fan character" has been over used and just poor way of describing a character they don't like

• Thumbs Up 2

I just feel that the term "fan character" has been over used and just poor way of describing a character they don't like

I would agree. The main reason I do is it seems whenever there is a new character of a species that is an established character is a part of people immediately scream fancharacter or recolor. Like when Silver came around. Yes, I'm sure you can say things like that, but it is almost like people of the same species aren't allowed to exist in other people's eyes is more what I'm saying.

And the reasons why I'm not so sure is firstly (very small issue) Omega, according to the first Shadow Saga, is actually Gamma with Omega's body. Though the one thing I loved abut this issue was the Omega jokes it did feel off character to me. But I can ignore this is favour of the new Omega!

What do you mean? Omega has allways been telling off-character jokes/quips.

So remember that teaser image released a few months back that showed an out of corner shot for a script for an upcoming Universe arc the name of which began with "THE GRE-"? Over at BumbleKing I took a stab in the dark and this was the response I got from Ian:

Very, very close.

I didn't see this posted, and thought it might be interesting for those that still want to know what Flynn had planned originally.

Flynn will do an informal write up, giving us an idea of his orignal plans up to #300. It's not official or endorsed by Archie/SEGA, but it's his way of giving us a taste of what could've been had things not gone down as they did.

While I'm fine with and adjusting to the new universe (though I'd rather the reboot didn't happen in the first place), I think it's a nice gesture on his part, given how divisive the reboot has been among readers and all.

And after all this wondering what would have happened I get the answers.  I guess it's true.  If you really want something, then it will come :P

Well it'll definitely tie up a lot of dangling plot points since that reboot, so I'm really up for it.

hey look 

1320390_ful.jpg

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Jennifer Hernandez, Rick Bryant (CA) Sega

The secret origin of the new Sonic universe: revealed! The Sonic Super Special Magazine gives you the world of Sonic the Hedgehog comics as you've never seen it before, with tons of comic stories, special features and exclusive articles on the latest and greatest in the world of everyone's favorite blue hedgehog-hero! Along with the all-new Sonic Origins mini-feature, this issue also features a special encore presentation of the history making 'countdown to chaos' storyline, and much much more!

Back to back and spinning on a track!

STK632582.jpg?9098e0

Sonic the Hedgehog/ Mega-Man FLIPBOOK FCBD 2014 EDITION

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Patrick “SPAZ” Spaziante, Jennifer Hernandez, Lamar Wells, Rick Bryant, Gary Martin, John Workman, Jack Morelli and Matt Herms

(CA) Ben Bates

Its TWO free comic books in ONE! Hot off the heels of the ultra-successful Sonic/Mega Man crossover event, “Worlds Collide”, comes a showcase issue of the hottest new storylines in both characters’ universes — exclusively for Free Comic Book Day! Sonic stars in “Blast to the Past” and the origin of his Freedom Fighters! Then, on the flipside of this issue, get ready for the “Mega Man X” crossover event with this primer story!

32pgs, FC FREE!

11458053076_d716168224_c.jpg

Here's a better picture

Also, this Sonic Comic Origins….is this is supposed to tell the new history of the altered Prime Zone?

• Thumbs Up 1

Back to back and spinning on a track!

STK632582.jpg?9098e0

Sonic the Hedgehog/ Mega-Man FLIPBOOK FCBD 2014 EDITION

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Patrick “SPAZ” Spaziante, Jennifer Hernandez, Lamar Wells, Rick Bryant, Gary Martin, John Workman, Jack Morelli and Matt Herms

(CA) Ben Bates

Its TWO free comic books in ONE! Hot off the heels of the ultra-successful Sonic/Mega Man crossover event, “Worlds Collide”, comes a showcase issue of the hottest new storylines in both characters’ universes — exclusively for Free Comic Book Day! Sonic stars in “Blast to the Past” and the origin of his Freedom Fighters! Then, on the flipside of this issue, get ready for the “Mega Man X” crossover event with this primer story!

32pgs, FC FREE!

Crossover? A Mega Man X/Sonic crossover would be cool, but so soon after Worlds Collide? I'm thinking this may be a Mega Man X/Mega Man crossover...

Not sure if Modern Sonic or Classic Sonic w/ Green Eyes...

I'm loving the designs and art recently as it really does seem to invoke a classic vibe but has the modern hallmarks like the eyes etc, its a nice mix.

Sadly my comic shop doesn't seem to get Archie's free comic book day stuff anymore so I'll be looking online to buy these ones. Buying a free comic...sounds stupid haha

Eh, if we can lose that stupid "how Sonic's eyes turned green" story from the old continuity in all this (#71), I won't complain.

In any case, I think that's just how Yardley's style has been leaning recently. I see it more in his covers than his interior stuff though (with the exception of "Genesis" where Sonic had more "classic" proportions).

I'm quite interested in seeing this altered universe's new origins and the characters' updated histories. It's nice Archie is trying to get people caught up like this; it brings in new readers and helps old readers get reacquainted with everything.

If it's Classic with green eyes then that'd be alright however, given the fact that Amy's sporting her modern design in the WANTED! poster, I think that's unlikely.

T-Rex Jones lied that picture he was coloring wasn't a commission

Well, technically it's a commission for Archie... unless you're talking about something else (we're both talking about the Mega Man X cover, right?).

It's kinda funny because he made it sound like the X piece he posted on his Facebook was part of a pitch that didn't go through. I guess Archie repurposed it in the end. EDIT: Actually, it's not the exact same art. But I guess he did some adjustments and it became the FCBD cover.