Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

And lets be completely honest. Do we really want to see the continuation of the mecha Sally arc? Especially with all the drama it's caused with the (dramatic) fanbase? Don't you remember how people on reacted when this arc started? God that was a bad year to be a sonic fan

Honestly, had things not gone down as they did, I would've loved to see that arc concluded myself. It could've been a real game changer, but it just, unfortunately, got dragged out too long. The only highlights were the Sonic Universe arcs during that run, not really in the main book (save for Team Fighters being formed).

And this is a fanbase that lost its shit over Sonic having green eyes in Sonic 4 (because nobody noticed he had them for 12 years?), drama is going to ensue over anything this fanbase can blow out of proportion.

Ian is going to go over how the arcs would've ended and how some loose ends were going to be resolved. at least that way I feel a bit of closure, I was never a big fan of this damn whole reboot thing but its already settled and the Old!Universe isnt going to come back by the looks of it. Were stuck in this meshed universe, as long it doesn't get any worse I guess I'm good...

Anyways, The Fluffy Kittens Zone got ahold of Shadow Fall's 5-page preview, not going to link it but you know how to find it.

But its odd I think they ripped it from the mobile flash site because they included the prologe and it doesn't have the usual 7th and 8th page like the usual 5-page preview's do.

But it isn't fair! I loved the old universe, flawed as it was, and now there's literally nothing left. I don't understand how you guys can be so calm about this!

I'm calm because not just because I've adjusted, but also because not everything seems to have went away, and that the only things gone so far are the things Penders made claim to that he shouldn't have been able to.

And we still have more of this new universe to see, so that at least makes up for some loss even though I also never wanted this.

And lets be completely honest. Do we really want to see the continuation of the mecha Sally arc? Especially with all the drama it's caused with the (dramatic) fanbase?

Yes? That was like one of the more interesting parts before the soft reboot, and I wanted to see how that would end. Any drama that it brings to the fandom is no different to the drama that's already be brought by other things, and I got thick enough skin and sharp enough teeth for it to come my way.

Yeah true this is the sonic fanbase that complain over the dumbest things "green eyes" "mario in my sonic" "voice actors" "physics" but last year was really horrible that we got the anti- archie sonic club on DA Those petions to get Ian fired and those God awful "the worst of Archie sonic" videos that's not stupid that's retarded

Yeah true this is the sonic fanbase that complain over the dumbest things "green eyes" "mario in my sonic" "voice actors" "physics" but last year was really horrible that we got the anti- archie sonic club on DA Those petions to get Ian fired and those God awful "the worst of Archie sonic" videos that's not stupid that's retarded

Seriously? Someone started a petition to get Flynn fired...? Why?!

... OK, I know the reason (the fandom is crazy), but still. It just brings up a point I keep asking, if they don't like it, why are they still buying it?! I mean, the easiest thing in the world to do is stop supporting products you don't like, and eventually if enough people do that, it sorta sends a message to the company that changes have to be made. Cripes.

Sometimes you think you've hit the bottom of this fandom and then somebody hands you a shovel...

Reading it through less-than-legit means is actually really easy, though obviously they're somewhat older. Not that I know or anything *cough*

Also what Dejimon11 said.

^Reading it through less-than-legit means is actually really easy, though obviously they're somewhat older.

Not that I know or anything *cough*

So people just read something they don't like so they can continue to bitch and moan about something? I'm not even going to go on a rant about piracy and all that, because it's negated by my other argument. But the point is, if you don't like it, why bother at all? How much of those complaints are even legitimate criticisms and not just "boo-hoo I'm not being catered to! Let's get the whole team fired!"? Criticism is one thing (and valid and needed), but more often than not, this sort of thing just smacks of a ridiculous sense of entitlement over entertainment when there are tons of options out there.

Maybe I'm just too old (I'm 25) to really "get" this sort of thing anymore. I don't know. But then, once ten years ago I got fed up with the comic and quit reading it for a few years, and I never complained about stuff I wasn't interested in (and that's considering I got swept up in the whole "WHY WOULD SEGA SWITCH TO THE 4KIDS ACTORS WHY?!?!" craze). So maybe I just don't understand the mindset at all.

So people just read something they don't like so they can continue to bitch and moan about something? I'm not even going to go on a rant about piracy and all that, because it's negated by my other argument. But the point is, if you don't like it, why bother at all? How much of those complaints are even legitimate criticisms and not just "boo-hoo I'm not being catered to! Let's get the whole team fired!"? Criticism is one thing (and valid and needed), but more often than not, this sort of thing just smacks of a ridiculous sense of entitlement over entertainment when there are tons of options out there.

Maybe I'm just too old (I'm 25) to really "get" this sort of thing anymore. I don't know. But then, once ten years ago I got fed up with the comic and quit reading it for a few years, and I never complained about stuff I wasn't interested in (and that's considering I got swept up in the whole "WHY WOULD SEGA SWITCH TO THE 4KIDS ACTORS WHY?!?!" craze). So maybe I just don't understand the mindset at all.

This is one thing that confuses me about the games as well. All these people that constantly say they are tired of the way the games are going, but then keep playing them and complaining more and more. The same thing applies here as well. Yes, I'm not happy with this reboot as well. Most of us aren't happy about it I'm sure, but we are trying to deal with it, but with serious reservations and fears about what they are going to do. I've already made mine known of now wanting them to just copy the games, and upon seeing the first issue of the Shadow arc here, I feel a lot better about it. It doesn't mean I dont miss the old universe though. Do you think I'm going to stop doing rp's with those characters if I can find people that still want to do them? Hell no!

The big thing with the archieverse that I always liked was that there was that thing where there were an infinite number of universes of any given differences that could have happened to change things as they were. That's like a fans head-cannon dream. You can make any scenario you want and just say it is an alternate universe and there you go, problem solved. It doesn't mean though I claim that stuff as canon of course, but with an alternate universe, you can pretty much do whatever you want for fanfics and rp's and such like that and it not seem too out of place.

We are still too early in all this to make full judgements though I think. Until a full year has gone by and there are 24 issues, 12 of both sets, then it will be easier to see how things are going to go with this stuff. It hasn't even been six months yet.

Also, with the free comic book stuff, yeah I'll have to buy it just like I have to buy other free comic book stuff. I still dont even have that lost world comic because there are no comic book stores around. If there are any, they are like probably over 100+ miles away from me. Comic shops go out of business way too easily. Makes it hard for me to know what the list of all the free sonic comics are at times honestly.

Isn't that what most reviewers like Linkara do? They don't like something they aren't interested in it but yet they still pay money for it read it hate review it and keep it on their collection even though they are never going to read it again instead of doing the common sense thing and just return it. It's not just comic books people do it with video games and movies they buy and even though they hate it they never return it

Isn't that what most reviewers like Linkara do? They don't like something they aren't interested in it but yet they still pay money for it read it hate review it and keep it on their collection even though they are never going to read it again instead of doing the common sense thing and just return it. It's not just comic books people do it with video games and movies they buy and even though they hate it they never return it

I have no idea who Linkara is (and I have no interest in finding out, honestly). I realize this isn't exclusive to any one fandom, but it's something that annoys me all the same. The thing is, I don't consider that sort of thing a "review," it's just a rant with no substance whatsoever. There's a huge difference between criticism and just ranting (often for the sake of being "that one guy"). Reviews/critiques break down the contents and explain what does and doesn't work. Rants are just going into something already hating it and not really giving something a fair shake.

I made a post in another topic in a response to some idiotic rant (passed off as a review) I found on Amazon from someone complaining about the direction of the Legend of Zelda series (notably referring to Eiji Aonuma as a "cancer") and yet this person continues to buy and support (a purchase is support) what he hates. I just don't get this sort of mindset. If you're convinced it's shit, don't buy it. Don't support it. Don't bother with it at all, legally or otherwise, if all you're doing is just throwing fuel on your own anger.

I swear these over reacting fans are trying to make themselves depressed with all the hate talk about voice actors, comics and Ian.  I mean making a poll to get Ian fired is just stupid.  Plus, it's not as if they have to read the comics, it's not as if they have to listen to new voice actors.  They could very easily go look at something they can enjoy reading or playing with.

• Thumbs Up 2

People actually made a poll to get Ian fired?Hahaha,how fucking ridiculous can this possibly get?

I actually feel bad for a few,a select few,of the people I know who miss the old continuity,but I honestly wish this whole thing got nuked,and it was a FULL reboot,starting fresh from the start,with no flashbacks to the old continuity at all,but bringing some characters from it and adapting them just like they are doing,but with the old continuity not being directly canon to the new one i any way.

I know that would please me greatly,because I think the old continuity was just outright disgusting,and while I really enjoyed most of Ian's run,it alwas bothered me a little that all his stories were tied to the crap fest that was the early comics.It didn't make me mad to the point of making a DA hate club,but I just pretended all the old crap never existed,and enjoyed the current stories just fine.

Besides,starting from scratch would be literally easier to pull out than the patch job Ian's attempting to do to appease the old fans.

How would that supposedly affect the old continuity fans? I suppose that if the old universe wasn't  directly tied to the old one,then the nu252 techinically wouldn't be "messing up" the old universe.Kinda.

I understand prefering the old universe over the new one,it's complete shit taste imo,but that's just different opinions,and I'm cool with that.But what puzzles me is that some people blame SEGA and Ian for everything even if they KNOW that there are lawsuits and crap involved.I mean,what the hell does those guys even want Ian to do,how would it even be possible to keep the old canon,given his situation?

I understand being upset over the lost,but pretty much everything from that Anti Archie Club,for example,is just...too disturbingly retarted for this to be real life.

*sigh,another unintentional wall text rant*

Penders is going to sue Sega over Sonic Mega Collection's use of his Archie covers and chracters:

https://twitter.com/KenPenders

f3yvtk.gif

Is this guy ever going to stop with this lawsuit malarkey? He's succeeding in just drawing even more ire from more fans.

• Thumbs Up 2

f3yvtk.gif

Is this guy ever going to stop with this lawsuit malarkey? He's succeeding in just drawing even more ire from more fans.

He's 100% in the right.

Blame Archie for being run by complete and utter morons.

Why should he?

This is clear cut case and he knows that.

It's 2013, and he;s now just realizing this? I think its a little too late for a lawsuit

Um...I don't see any tweets about that. :/ Either I'm missing it or we're just making stuff up about a guy who isn't worth giving any attention to.

Also, people actively wanting Ian to lose his job is as ridiculously petty as all the voice actor bullshit back in the day. Sigh.

• Thumbs Up 1

Um...I don't see any tweets about that. :/ Either I'm missing it or we're just making stuff up about a guy who isn't worth giving any attention to.

Also, people actively wanting Ian to lose his job is as ridiculously petty as all the voice actor bullshit back in the day. Sigh.

Click on the tweets between him and @FuherMustang.

It's 2013, and he;s now just realizing this? I think its a little too late for a lawsuit

He just won the case against Archie this year, that's why he is doing it now.

OKAY.png

... Suddenly, I don't feel so apprehensive over the comic's soft reboot (not that I ever really was, but still). I can't believe this mess is still going on.

• Thumbs Up 1