Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Oh, okay.

I'd ask what the point of this is (how has he been "wronged"??), but I just don't care anymore.

SO ANYWAY, man the art in Shadow Fall looks good. I still need to get that issue...in fact I still have to start buying issues again in general. I took a break during the crossover since I plan on just obtaining the graphic novels when I can.

Oh, okay.

I'd ask what the point of this is (how has he been "wronged"??), but I just don't care anymore.

SO ANYWAY, man the art in Shadow Fall looks good. I still need to get that issue...in fact I still have to start buying issues again in general. I took a break during the crossover since I plan on just obtaining the graphic novels when I can.

Sega profited off Mr. Penders' work without paying him, that seems pretty wrong to me.

So I would agree with @Fuhrermustang on that point.

Penders is going to sue Sega over Sonic Mega Collection's use of his Archie covers and chracters:

The Covers of the first 100 issues or the Sonic Firsts Book that's in the Gallery?

Click on the tweets between him and @FuherMustang.

He just won the case against Archie this year, that's why he is doing it now.

Where are you getting this idea that he won the case? The case was dismissed; he didn't win. We don't know the exact circumstances, but as far as we're aware, it was merely dismissed on both sides, and even Ken Penders himself admitted before that if Archie wanted to they could use the characters. They probably aren't going to now just to be on the safe side, and Ken Penders has the right to use the characters, but no where has it been stated that he WON the case.

Also, the game is ten years old. How can he sue Sega for a game they released ten years ago that isn't even being re-released anymore? Unless I missed something and Sega suddenly announced they were planning a re-release of it. At least Sonic Chronicles was released only a couple years ago.

The Covers of the first 100 issues or the Sonic Firsts Book that's in the Gallery?

I assume anything he had a hand in is what he is suing for.

Where are you getting this idea that he won the case? The case was dismissed; he didn't win. We don't know the exact circumstances, but as far as we're aware, it was merely dismissed on both sides, and even Ken Penders himself admitted before that if Archie wanted to they could use the characters. They probably aren't going to now just to be on the safe side, and Ken Penders has the right to use the characters, but no where has it been stated that he WON the case.

Also, the game is ten years old. How can he sue Sega for a game they released ten years ago that isn't even being re-released anymore? Unless I missed something and Sega suddenly announced they were planning a re-release of it. At least Sonic Chronicles was released only a couple years ago.

I beileve the PC version was still for sale on Sega's website as late as 2010.

Edit: Also, knowing Archie's legal team, assume Ken made out like the allies did with the Treaty of Versailles.

So does this mean future Sonic games won't come with Sonic Comics Books on the disc?

I...guess? Though as far as I can recall Mega Collection was the only one to do it, anyway.

Since the comic isn't going to last much longer( Thanks to Archie's rank stupidity.) I wouldn't worry too much:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/archie-boss-calls-male-employees-penis-article-1.1534462

Wow 8 post and already spreading bad news that has got to a record moving on what is he trying to gain with this its so pointless and stupid and is ticking of enough people as for the Nancy CEO case I'm not worried to much about it now

Alright now I'm curious, just where do you stand on this whole Ken Penders issue and Archie in general?

I hate the way the comic is going/has gone, I enjoyed Penders' and Bollers runs a lot more than Ian "Liesalot" Flynn's and I think Archie is run by incompetent buffoons.

Or to say it another way, Penders is my brother from another mother.

I hate the way the comic is going/has gone, I enjoyed Penders' and Bollers runs a lot more than Ian "Liesalot" Flynn's and I think Archie is run by incompetent buffoons.

Or to say it another way, Penders is my brother from another mother.

I respect your opinion but that last part just sounds wrong

Wow 8 post and already spreading bad news that has got to a record moving on what is he trying to gain with this its so pointless and stupid and is ticking of enough people as for the Nancy CEO case I'm not worried to much about it now

Archie's legal team will find a way to fuck it up because that's all they know how to do.

Penders is going to sue Sega over Sonic Mega Collection's use of his Archie covers and chracters:

https://twitter.com/KenPenders

Aw, that's cute. Except the game has been out of print for at least seven years now, and he won't get anything like with Sonic Chronicles. Seriously, the man needs to let this shit go and focus his energy and money on some creative efforts for once. And, how many covers did he even do? One? And it was for "Sonic Live!"? I mean, I guess "his" characters are on some of the covers, but again, there's no money for him in this anymore. It's just one stupid crusade after the other with him. Is he going to pull a Fred Wolf and start laying claim to Sonic next? Since apparently Penders is soley responsible for everything that happened in the comic early on?

I won't be surprised if this gets thrown out like the others (but somehow award him some tiny victory, again).

EDIT: Slight correction. Penders did do more than one cover, but I don't believe any of them are even in the Mega Collection. At least not the Gamecube version. My point still stands though.

Edited by Zaysho

Aw, that's cute. Except the game has been out of print for at least seven years now, and he won't get anything like with Sonic Chronicles. Seriously, the man needs to let this shit go and focus his energy and money on some creative efforts for once. And, how many covers did he even do? One? And it was for "Sonic Live!"? I mean, I guess "his" characters are on some of the covers, but again, there's no money for him in this anymore. It's just one stupid crusade after the other with him.

I won't be surprised if this gets thrown out like the others (but somehow award him some tiny victory, again).

I beileve the PC version was still for sale on Sega's website as late as 2010 so he might have a case.

Alright then fuehrermustang-naugus-the8thdoctorwho ect ect ect, we got it by now.

What?

I beileve the PC version was still for sale on Sega's website as late as 2010 so he might have a case.

I don't keep track of PC sales anymore, but last I checked, those games were being sold individually at this point. It's possible there was a port of Mega Collection at some point, but I don't think it's on Steam anymore. Someone can probably check though.

EDIT: Nope, all Mega Collection games are currently sold separately on Steam. There's no actual collection (though I'm sure Steam does some kind of package deal once in a while).

Edited by Zaysho

I don't keep track of PC sales anymore, but last I checked, those games were being sold individually at this point. It's possible there was a port of Mega Collection at some point, but I don't think it's on Steam anymore. Someone can probably check though.

That would be good.

Really, there's no need for him to do this, he's probably out to actively ruin Sega's relationship with Archie. What better way to sabotage the license than fruitless, endless lawsuits?

Money's just a bonus, obviously for Penders, this is all pettiness and spite.

Really, there's no need for him to do this, he's probably out to actively ruin Sega's relationship with Archie. What better way to sabotage the license than fruitless, endless lawsuits?

Money's just a bonus, obviously for Penders, this is all pettiness and spite.

Good! The biggest black eye old Satam/Archie fans could give Sega of Japan would be for SOJ to give Penders a piss load of money.

Good! The biggest black eye old Satam/Archie fans could give Sega of Japan would be for SOJ to give Penders a piss load of money.

We want to give SoJ a black eye...why? I'm sorry, I just have a hard time supporting Penders's side when it's just devolved into some kind of ridiculous comedy. Penders is just damaging his own reputation with both fans and professionals at this point with stunts like this. And all he gets from all this are tiny little victories because the cases have been thrown out. So yay for pettiness and spite. Penders gets a little and then everyone else deals with the aftermath thanks to all the trouble he's caused. Woo.

We want to give SoJ a black eye...why? I'm sorry, I just have a hard time supporting Penders's side when it's just devolved into some kind of ridiculous comedy. Penders is just damaging his own reputation with both fans and professionals at this point with stunts like this. And all he gets from all this are tiny little victories because the cases have been thrown out. So yay for pettiness and spite. Penders gets a little and then everyone else deals with the aftermath thanks to all the bullshit he wrought.

You're pointing the finger at Ken when you should be pointing it at the buffoons at Archie Comics.

You're pointing the finger at Ken when you should be pointing it at the buffoons at Archie Comics.

I never said Archie was innocent in this (but the game thing is an exception; SEGA rightfully owns that work since it was all licensed material created for them and if they consider it important to Sonic's history to include it as an extra in their game, that's their right), but I can't look at Penders like he's some kind of hero for creators' rights, either. Sorry.

And back to my main point, there's no money in this at this point. Just look at the Sonic Chronicles case. The judge specifically said last time that Penders missed his chance to cash-in when the game came out (his little crusade started much later, and by that time it was out of print). Starting up this nonsense for another out-of-print game is pointless and all these stunts will eventually destroy his career. He's certainly not in many fans' good books right now.

I did some digging and found that that Sonic Mega Collection Plus for Windows was released on March 9, 2007.

I would think that would mean that it would still be in print in the year 2010 thus making it fair game for Penders.

Isn't there like a statute of limitations on the time you can sue though? This game is so many years old and the company isn't making any money on it anymore, so it is a worthless cause. If this guy seriously is going to try more lawsuits, he is going to do nothing more but continue to throw his name into the mud. Most people hate this guy with a passion and want him dead even. I've seen many that want that and would go cheer if he suddenly was gone. This guy is just ridiculous honestly. I can't believe there are some people that even want to listen to him anymore, since he is the butt that started all this mess.