Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I look forward to seeing this issue. It's penciled by Evan Stanley, and since I'm friends with her boyfriend naturally I always look forward to her work.

Didn't see that one coming.

In any case, she needs to pencil WAY more often.  Her work's up there with Jamal Peppers!

Following on from my failure of research regarding Knuckles Archive #4, it still seems less than rosy regarding the release of that series of GNs. 

I dunno, KA4 is coming what, April? And I wouldn't be surprised if we saw KA5 announced shortly thereafter.

If all goes to plan, I think 10 or 11, since IIRC each Archive has three issues?

Six issues each. 

Speaking of 247, did anyone notice the little slip-up in the grammar around page 10? Pretty sure Silver has only one name. I know it's minor, but it was just jarring when I first saw it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just read 247. I have to say I enjoyed it.  I cannot wait for them to finish this story arc.

Quick question:

What happened to all the echindas...? Are they literally gone?

Quick question:

Well... this is my understanding of it.

Thanks to a court of law, the Echidnas and all the other Ken Penders creations (and I use the term Ken Penders creations EXCEPTIONALLY losely) were tricked into a magic ring by some guy and can never come back.

I predict 3 possible outcomes.

1: The judge finds in favour of archie. All the Echidnas come back... HOORAY!

2: The Judge finds in favour of Penders. All the Echidnas die. The ring was basically a stargate that had an Iris on the end... they died, never to be seen again thanks to a legal mandate.

3: The judge finds in favour of Penders... All the Echidnas return... however they're now completely redesigned and even using new names... but their brains have been put into new bodies. They share all the memories and experiences, but go under new names.

And if you think option 3 is stupid... That is what Superior Spiderman has been doing for the last few months.

• Thumbs Up 4

Lets hope for option 1. The DL used to be some of my favorite villians back when the Knuckles mini series first started. And I enjoyed the Lien-da dominatrix look. Love me some some whi...........but anyway option 2 seems a little harsh :/ what about charmys wife she was not part of this was she as she was captured to?

Thanks to a court of law, the Echidnas and all the other Ken Penders creations (and I use the term Ken Penders creations EXCEPTIONALLY losely) were tricked into a magic ring by some guy and can never come back.

2: The Judge finds in favour of Penders. All the Echidnas die. The ring was basically a stargate that had an Iris on the end... they died, never to be seen again thanks to a legal mandate.

3: The judge finds in favour of Penders... All the Echidnas return... however they're now completely redesigned and even using new names... but their brains have been put into new bodies. They share all the memories and experiences, but go under new names.

And if you think option 3 is stupid... That is what Superior Spiderman has been doing for the last few months.

Thanks for clarifying. I hope they aren't all killed off...that'll be stupid and it'll make me mad...wait if that happens, I wonder if Ken would sue for fanart of em. 

I'm pretty sure Option 2 would cause a huge drop in sales, not to mention that it's probably the cheapest, most obscenely stupid way imaginable to get rid of characters. But if they end up doing that, I hope they at least do it in style (for example, the echidnas escape the warp ring, but promptly hear a voice in their heads say "Argus Penders" and get abducted by a giant squid delusional writer).

I'm pretty sure Option 2 would cause a huge drop in sales, not to mention that it's probably the cheapest, most obscenely stupid way imaginable to get rid of characters. But if they end up doing that, I hope they at least do it in style (for example, the echidnas escape the warp ring, but promptly hear a voice in their heads say "Argus Penders" and get abducted by a giant squid delusional writer).

Somehow I doubt that very much.

It occured to me recently when going through my issues of archie. Since the "OMG the Death Egg is back" storyline started... lets say it was right back when Naugus became the king for... reasons we don't understand.

Up until he appeared in the 'Endangered spiecies' story, you know how many times he's appeared in the main comic?

Once. For two pages. Sonic goes to see him and he's there for 2 pages... lol thats it. In fact it's been the same few characters for well over a year, yet it feels like nothing has happened other than a giant plot hole. Or have we actually found out whats going on with Naugus in that skunk kids body? And remember, that event happened several months ago, yet... nothing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Somehow I doubt that very much.

Sadly, I agree (assuming you're talking about my passive-agressive suggestion). Still, I think they should at least leave open the possibility for the echidnas and Saffron to return, because "they were warped into another universe by a tasmanian devil and were never seen again" is one of the biggest copouts I have ever seen.

I wonder if they'll do the same thing to the other characters Ken created? Geoffrey, Elias, Sonic's parents... all gone because of a stupid copyright law.

Edited by ElectroKyurem

4 : Penders wins but makes a deal with Archie, in which they can use X or Y character and Archie pays royalties to Ken.

Edited by CiNozzo

Quick question:

Either wait till Ian can add where the echidnas are now in the comic, or just live with the fact that they're gone.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that the echinda removal has more to it than just "Oh no Ken Penders". Sure. Ken Penders didn't help but I'm in the camp that Sega that a hand in it. Why?

Because it makes it closer to the games. Knuckles is the now the last of his kind once-more. And now, he has more of a reason to fight Thrash, which generates future plot points for Knuckles, makes the series it closer to the games, and removes some of the Penders problems at the same time. The echindas were probably planned for removal anyway, but the current court case caused them to change a few details (Like removing Lien-Da).

... Pretty sure someone else has said this before me.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that the echinda removal has more to it than just "Oh no Ken Penders". Sure. Ken Penders didn't help but I'm in the camp that Sega that a hand in it. Why?

Because it makes it closer to the games. Knuckles is the now the last of his kind once-more. And now, he has more of a reason to fight Thrash, which generates future plot points for Knuckles, makes the series it closer to the games, and removes some of the Penders problems at the same time. The echindas were probably planned for removal anyway, but the current court case caused them to change a few details (Like removing Lien-Da).

Well, I never liked the idea of Knuckles being the last of his kind in the games either. I'm not saying that the games need more echidnas or that Knuckles can't be the last Angel Islander, but making him the world's last echidna always felt really nonsensical to me.

There is a slight hole to your logic though. Finetivus is still around. Sure hes evil, and may not deserve the name, but he is still an echidna, kinda

Speaking of 247, did anyone notice the little slip-up in the grammar around page 10? Pretty sure Silver has only one name. I know it's minor, but it was just jarring when I first saw it.

Maybe she was describing his colour and his name in one sentence?! :D

Also I kinda liked 247. I liked Amy's outfit :3 and that she was getting annoyed with Sonic for er, wandering around with no clothes on... XD

Nice to see Silver's story finally coming to a head. I think it's quite fitting with Sonic 06's terrible storyline that he has suddenly realised his mission is to save a Princess, not kill someone!

:D

Evan Stanley's style of drawing Sonic characters is bloody great as well. I know she's "Archiefied" her style for the comic, but it's still distinctively her and I love it!

Subscribers should be getting Part 2 this week.

Heh, I'm only just getting Part 1 on Wednesday.

From what I've heard so far, it'll have more characters and an explaination as to why Sonic and Mega Man are fighting.

SPEAKING OF...

HNI_0088-4_zps98516802.jpg

More peeks below:

HNI_0089_zps9d3c2d72.jpg

HNI_0091-2_zps49cf14a2.jpg

HNI_0093-2_zps94c05367.jpg

HNI_0094-2_zpsb2a831b9.jpg

Full spoilers to come in a bit. smile.png

Edited by CC14 the Vipester
  • Thumbs Up 5