Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

The cover screams lae 80s-90s.  just look at the room in general.

Also this makes me want a SEGA X Capcom game even more. then again doing any sort of fighting game that would compete with Nintendo would make them lose out on them getting into a smash game (again in sonic's case).

Well, given that Sega's directly challenged Mario Kart on the Wii U... it makes one wonder if their special relationship is nearing a close. So who knows what we'll see in the future in terms of crossovers.

It is a really nice room though... each one of them brought their toys for a sleepover. Coming soon, the evil pillow fight.

I'm not sure, if anyone has thought about this.  But with the fact that, were getting another white-out for this crossover, one has to think that perhaps the white-in that will take place at the end of this crossover may have something to do with the characters of Saturday morning and the comics getting their redesigns.

Because when you think of it, the last time the whiteness took place, it changed certain things in Sonic's prime universe.  So one would have to imagine, that characters like Sally and Bunnie could be getting their redesigns as an aftereffect of this crossover.  Now one would say that doesn't make any sense, but yet when you really think about it, in a sense it does.

The reason it makes sense, is because we always wondered if the World's Collide crossover would have any connection to either continuity.  And it seems that it does and it will.

Of course, this also answers the question, of if we will get some kind of logical story behind the redesigns and Sally being restored.  And I guess when one looks at this, one has to realize that here is your story.

If you want an example, look up Linkara's "March of the Titans team history" video, and you will see that he talks about how Wonder Girl a.k.a. Donna Troy, got her redesigns, and perhaps you may see exactly what I'm talking about.  And yes I know it's a strange comparison, but isn't it kind of ironic that he would talk about something like that at this point in time.

Anyway, when one looks at it and thinks about it for a moment, not only do you get a logical reason for the redesigns, but you get the story that you been asking for (somewhat) at the same time.

Now what's even more ironic, is for over a year and a half, people like myself have stated that they did not like or don't like seeing Sally being a mindless robot or a robotic slave.  But yet here in the crossover upcoming, we have three main Sega characters or Sega Sonic characters possibly being turned into robots.  So when one thinks about it,  even though Sally's robotic state has lasted for little over a year and a half, that even though this may not last longer, you kind of get a balancing out with the robotzation of these three characters, and if you're not a fan of a certain pink character, you get to see her possibly as a robotic slave or robotic master as well.  Which again in a strange sort of way balances out what happened to Sally.  Even though her's has lasted a little while longer.

But again, getting back to what I was talking about, as I close this, I want you to think about this real carefully, if the first white-out and white-in caused some changes in the prime universe, whose to say this second one won't be the reason why the characters of Saturday morning and possibly of the comic itself will be getting the redesigns.  

So in closing I ask you to think about that and in respect I ask you for an answer.

God bless.

I confess I haven't really looked too much into the details of the arc, not wanting to spoil it, but I presume that you're onto something. Assuming this is held canon, even with spacetime warping shenanigans, it's likely to have some long-term effects. Just as roboticisation now works on some people due to the messed up timeline, I see no reason we couldn't see some of Flynn's newer ideas coming about solely because of this disruption to the spacetime continuum. Even when a rift is healed, it's not healed completely...

Except Bunnie's design has already been changed. As indicated by SU#49. 

yes, but it was in the shadows, meaning not offically debut yet.

Edited by bwrosas

The last issue I saw I could've sworn it showed her full body but then again I wasn't really paying attention since she was entirely in the background. I suppose we'll get a more up close look at her after the crossover arc, so in a way both you guys are right.

But the fact it was in shadows pretty much means she got redesigned.

yes, but you have to understand who thought process for that was. Even though we know already.

What's even more ironic, is for over a year and a half, people like myself have stated that they did not like or don't like seeing Sally being a mindless robot or a robotic slave.  But yet here in the crossover upcoming, we have three main Sega characters or Sega Sonic characters possibly being turned into robots.  So when one thinks about it,  even though Sally's robotic state has lasted for little over a year and a half, that even though this may not last longer, you kind of get a balancing out with the robotzation of these three characters, and if you're not a fan of a certain pink character, you get to see her possibly as a robotic slave or robotic master as well.  Which again in a strange sort of way balances out what happened to Sally.  Even though her's has lasted a little while longer.

It makes sense. It'll give impetus to some deroboticisation plotline, thus allowing the three characters and Sally to be saved. Assuming they got roboticised at all. Isn't this all more or less entirely in the realm of speculation, given that these issues aren't even out yet?

It makes sense. It'll give impetus to some deroboticisation plotline, thus allowing the three characters and Sally to be saved. Assuming they got roboticised at all. Isn't this all more or less entirely in the realm of speculation, given that these issues aren't even out yet?

True, but the key words in the descriptions are "Robotized Masters" , key word in that is "Robotized"

Oh big deal, they'll probably be restored by the end of the crossover, so it'll have no bearing on the story afterwords. 

It's just another example of Eggman and Wily mixing their genius together (like the Chaos Devil) nothing really deeper than that.

Edited by DarkLight

Wouldn't you know? Part 10 is up.

Mega-Man-27.jpg

MEGA MAN #27

Script: Ian Flynn

Art: Ben Bates, Gary Martin, John Workman, and Matt Herms

Cover by Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante and Matt Herms

P.I.C. Sketch Variant Cover by Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante

The most anticipated crossover event of 2013 rolls on with "When Worlds Collide" Part Ten of Twelve! We enter the final assault as Sonic, Tails, Mega Man and Rush storm the Wily Egg to end the dastardly duo of doctors' plans! Speaking of "duos," what's that entering Earth's atmosphere? Can it help Sonic and Mega Man fend off the Mega Man Killers? How about a Chaos Devil? Featuring more new cover art from the legendary Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante and a special look at the cover process with a super special “pencil, ink, color” sketch variant!

On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 7/10

32-page, full color comic

$2.99 US.

A "Chaos Devil?" Sounds intriguing.

Smashing comic art work! I'm dying to read it now

Edited by kimplix

That makes me curious. If these are all being given part numbers, are they going to be released out of order? Or are they going to stagger it so the parts come out in the right order? Because otherwise this could become quite confusing.

That makes me curious. If these are all being given part numbers, are they going to be released out of order? Or are they going to stagger it so the parts come out in the right order? Because otherwise this could become quite confusing.

They'll be in order. It'll be MM>SU>StH each month.

And Archie has been pretty good at advertising the schedule in their comics. I even pulled it up several pages back.

Edited by DarkLight

Don't know. Been instresting.  Maybe they'll go the DC/Marvel route. But then again Universe has had a history of being out of order with events taking place or before. Example of that, "Jourany to the East" Arc cosiding with The "Iron Dominion" Arc., but still going even after ID arc wraped up.

good point. I think there a pic of that at TSSZ's gallery.

And Archie has been pretty good at advertising the schedule in their comics. I even pulled it up several pages back.

here's a pic of the release dates :

IMG_0880.jpg

Edited by bwrosas

Pretty neat cover; Sonic continues his legacy as the world's longest running videogame comic.

Thanks for the clarification on the schedule, though! I guess I will have to get the Megaman strips after all. Okay Archie, you get 4 extra purchases out of me. tongue.png

Really liking how Tails is so weirded out by something that's using an eerily similar flight process to himself. XD

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Really liking how Tails is so weirded out by something that's using an eerily similar flight process to himself. XD

And that he's the only Sonic character pushed to the back alongside all the MM characters.laugh.png

Sonic continues his long running comic legacy with the milestone 250th issue!

Oh and Mega Man is here to for some reason.

If Sega did one marketing thing right, it was giving Archie a license to make comic books. Fortunately they fared much, much better than Fleetway did.

It is a genius cashin, give him that.

Who knows. Maybe I'll come away from this actually showing some interest in MegaMan. I know a lot of my friends like him but I only remember catching one or two episodes of a cartoon on the Fox Box back in the day.

I'll just be interested to see what joint plot they cook up, see them look so close to victory, and then follow the usual routine and fight over the spoils, undoing the entire gain. That's the genius of villainy for you. :P

If Mega Man's milestone could feature Sonic characters, I don't see why Sonic's shouldn't. But I'll assume you're just joking.wink.png

Edited by DarkLight

Just as roboticisation now works on some people due to the messed up timeline, 

Correcting this quickly- roboticization works as it always had. Eggman THOUGHT he had changed something with Genesis, but as shown when the only one affected in the room is Sally, the immunities remain the same, which is later confirmed in issue... 236, I think?

Those who were roboticized and then deroboticized by the BEM are forever immune. However, those who weren't deroboticized by the BEM in the first place, are still quite roboticizable.

Correcting this quickly- roboticization works as it always had. Eggman THOUGHT he had changed something with Genesis, but as shown when the only one affected in the room is Sally, the immunities remain the same, which is later confirmed in issue... 236, I think?

Those who were roboticized and then deroboticized by the BEM are forever immune. However, those who weren't deroboticized by the BEM in the first place, are still quite roboticizable.

Huh, that actually makes sense.

As for Sally - didn't she just redirect the blast on herself? It doesn't really count in that case.

As for everyone else - it makes sense, though. Not everyone got the immunity. I just assumed that with Genesis, some people were left immune and some were left not due to the timeline being messed with.

Thanks for clearing that up though!