Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

It happens. Tho I get the feeling you're 90% joking in that post. >_>;

Edited by Vicki Turner

So like... I know Ian is like the "wrap it up" king, like how he swept a lot of the comic's previous nonsense under a canonical rug, wrapping up the Lara-Su thing, wrapping up the XYL arc... But if this issue is popular will we see more Underground?

But if this issue is popular will we see more Underground?

I doubt it. Apparently requests for the conclusion to the SUnd continuity make up about 10% of the letters he usually gets, so there's a reason this came about.

Well, I will see Manic again. That's a win in my book.

Amen to that. Always liked Sir Weedhair. ^__^

So like... I know Ian is like the "wrap it up" king, like how he swept a lot of the comic's previous nonsense under a canonical rug, wrapping up the Lara-Su thing, wrapping up the XYL arc... But if this issue is popular will we see more Underground?

Doubt it.

But let's be glad. Flynn is very good at wrapping up loose ends Mafia-style: lots of murder. Exterminating the echidnas to basically erase all of Penders' Knuckles stories was the ultimate act of evil genius on his part.

Wow. It's always a pleasure seeing Spaz' cover designs. Love his style to bits, especially with how he drew Sonic and Manic. <3 I know what issue I'm looking forward to!

I agree. Very nice style indeed!

I think there be a meme in the latest SU issue. Should have seen it coming.

Ian is all over that stuff. It's amusing.

I think there be a meme in the latest SU issue. Should have seen it coming.

Yeah I posted the image when I posted the preview too. that scene where Sonic zones out on that poster is gold waiting to happen.

Since Underground is the second one-shot in Universe and generally four issues are put together to form one TPB, I' guessing we can expect at least two more one-shots in the next year. What do you guys expect them to be?

Aside from next year's Sonic game I can't really think of anything. Maybe full issues of older Sonic games' stories?

Yeah I posted the image when I posted the preview too. that scene where Sonic zones out on that poster is gold waiting to happen.

No, that's the main comic issue, I'm talking about the SU issue, the one which ties into Transformed.

Edit: It seems a lot of people have had that problem elsewhere though, so I shall emphasise it;

The Olympic tie-in is NOT a Sonic Universe issue, it is Sonic the Hedgehog #242.

Edited by Wally Gator

There's an Olympic tie-in planned too?!

Man I'm out of the loop.

So we have Olympics, Megaman, and Underground coming up. Anything else of note?

Also hoping that Mighty arc (as I recall that's next) is good, of course.

There's an Olympic tie-in planned too?!

Man I'm out of the loop.

So we have Olympics, Megaman, and Underground coming up. Anything else of note?

Also hoping that Mighty arc (as I recall that's next) is good, of course.

Like VEDJ said, next issue of Universe is an All-Stars Racing Transformed tie-in.

This is something I gotta know about the world map. Why isn't Adabat, Apotos, and Shamar on the World Map? And I wonder where the futuristic cities of the Riders games would be?

• Thumbs Up 1

This is something I gotta know about the world map. Why isn't Adabat, Apotos, and Shamar on the World Map? And I wonder where the futuristic cities of the Riders games would be?

Because those are Sega-Verse locals and the Archie-Verse only recognizes them...

a.) during a tie-in

b.) When its convenient

c.) when the writers are feeling cheeky and make a nod to the games.

These things don't usually transfer 1 to 1 between the games and comics most of the time.

Edited by The Arcane Arceus
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yep.

Mazuri was also mentioned somewhere during the Eggman Arc. There is a faction of the Dark Egg Legion devoted to "burning it to the ground".

We'll more than likely see at least Mazuri once Sonic gets to dealing with that specific faction.

Yep.

Mazuri was also mentioned somewhere during the Eggman Arc. There is a faction of the Dark Egg Legion devoted to "burning it to the ground".

We'll more than likely see at least Mazuri once Sonic gets to dealing with that specific faction.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice Hedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

I assume it's in Efrika (God Ian, I hate your naming; I hope these names were Editorial in origin and not yours, seriously man). I'm curious to see what's there... ten bucks says the Grandmaster's a hyena or something. An African animal that's typically a villain. tongue.png

In fact, there doesn't seem to be a sub-boss at all in Efrika. So that should be interesting.

I would have bet on a Hyena too, but Ian didn't go for the easy yuks this time around.

Diesel is the head of the Efrika chapter of the legion (I'm pretty sure he's either a bear or a badger... leaning towards Bear) and he seemed intent on leveling Mazuri, so it would make sense that it is somewhere in Efrika.

Edited by The Arcane Arceus

I assume it's in Efrika (God Ian, I hate your naming; I hope these names were Editorial in origin and not yours, seriously man).

I don't know. personally I kinda like the "Conteniants sound sort of like Earth's" thing. Besides "Soumerica" and "Efrika" are miles better than "Downunda".

On a different note does anyone know is Sonic Stadium will be Live Blogging today's Panel?

I talked to Ian about this a year ago on the Bumbleking boards. I was under the impression that all of the UF was centralized roughly around Soumerca where Station Square was located, a country for all surviving humans to live. The discussion came up because of confusion over exactly where the GUN base was located and why it overlooks Soleanna. Ian said pretty much what this new timeline explains, that the human cities are not at all centralized, and any new human settlements can just be retconned into the hidden city initiative thing the humans planned out. This retcons Station Square from its old status as the only hidden city, and also if I remember correctly an accidental city. Wasn't it supposed to be founded by plane crash survivors?

Edited by American Ristar