Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

So her body was replaced in 232? Does that mean when she adventually reverts shes an organic head on a robot body? or was eggman just adding on?

What do you mean by Nicole not wanting her body? Does it just mean that she doesn't like being the Lynx hologram anymore or did I miss something?

She stays in her computer. She only talks with text to Sonic while he asks her to contact Angel Island.

Goku:

The last thing you see is Eggman getting a blowtorch out and going to Sally, but maybe. But before that there'S a claw on her head, but I don't know if that removed her head or just picked her whole body up. He could have just added and changed some things on her. Of course it's possible he changed the body to make derobotization impossible.

I was wondering the same thing, though.

Regarding people still talking about the 'traitor'; err, wasn't it revealed as St. John like, a year ago? Why are people still talking about it? Or am I missing something? I know they said it was supposed to be one of the original Freedom Fighters, I guess.

Also, Ken Penders? Oh dear god please. :lol:

Oh, and more reprints (the 'best of' books)? Geezus, just how badly are they whoring out with reprints? They already have Archives, Selects, the Super Special magazine and the Legacy series. Granted, Selects is printing spinoff material, but how many versions of the same stuff do they need to reprint?

Oh, and more reprints (the 'best of' books)? Geezus, just how badly are they whoring out with reprints? They already have Archives, Selects, the Super Special magazine and the Legacy series. Granted, Selects is printing spinoff material, but how many versions of the same stuff do they need to reprint?

I'd actually be more interested in the Legacy books personally, shame they're in black and white (and likely stupidly slow as well).

Hell, Legacy'd be a great way for people to catch up with the series if they sped it up, seeing as it covers 20 issues per volume; twelve of those and you've basically got the entire series so far.

Seems more like they're just trying to squeeze as much money out of collectors as possible- since they're the ones who are liable to buy every reprint just for the sake of it. Also I suppose the more reprints they have will increase the series' general presence as well.

Still, it does surprise me at how slow they are with these reprints- how difficult is it and how long can it take to reprint material you already have? I know they 'remaster' the Archives volumes, but quite frankly I think they look worse for it. When all they're doing for most of the others is basically slapping on a new cover and a few pages of extra features, you think they'd be able to churn them out at a rate of knots, rather than a few a year. Although I suppose by drip-feeding people, they're going to draw people in slightly more long-term, perhaps.

Edited by -Mark-

Hey, do I see a Blockhead Bill-lookalike in that crowd when Geoffrey says that the people should be able to choose their king? Cool reference

Regarding people still talking about the 'traitor'; err, wasn't it revealed as St. John like, a year ago? Why are people still talking about it? Or am I missing something? I know they said it was supposed to be one of the original Freedom Fighters, I guess.

Yeah, Ian mentioned that either Sonic, Sally, Antoine, or Rotor are the only potential candidates that the traitor Silver is looking for. Logic dictates that it is Sally considering her current state, but who knows what else would happen later on.

Also regarding reprints: I'm pretty sure it's to get new readers to get into the series. People are weary to start at any given point of any main comic book series and Graphic Novels are always that much more readily accessible that some would rather just pick up the GN's over the main book. It'll also give them the incentive to try out the main series. The more graphic novels there are, the more of that audience it will pull in. Old readers don't have the buy the reprints anyway if they don't want to either, but if the new content looks that interesting they may spring up the dough for it as well; It's a win/win in Archie's case.

Also, LOL. Penders. I'm not even going to go into it. crazy.gif

EDIT:

Hmm.. I don't think issue 232's previews were posted were they?

Sonic_232-0.jpg

Sonic_232-1.jpg

Sonic_232-2.jpg

Sonic_232-3.jpg

Sonic_232-4.jpg

Sonic_232-7.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #232

"Dark Tidings": In the fallout of the Death Egg II's assault, Sonic and Knuckles compare notes. Sally has fallen, Ixis Naugus is king, and more! Answers to old question and new surprises abound in an issue primed for new and old fans alike! Then, in "From the Shadows," a defiant Elias seeks out his last hope. Who is Harvey Who? And what does he have planned?

Script: Ian Flynn

Art: Ben Bates, Jamal Peppers, Terry Austin, John Workman and Matt Herms

Cover by Ben Bates

Shipping Date: 12/14/2011

On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 12/28/2011

On Sale on Newsstands: 1/3/2012

32-page, full color comic

$2.99 US.

If i'm right, "From the Shadows" isn't the actually back-up for this issue, correct?

Edited by Illuminous_Orb

Okay, so I just read issue 232 and SU #35 and I have a couple of questions/theories

1. As a side note I'd like to say that I absolutely adore naugus at the moment, he's basically the next best thing to Eggman at this point, is expressions are both sinister and goofy, and he's such an ass that I can't help but love him

2. I noticed that Big is making a lot of odd appearances here and there, even though he has little to no relevence to the story, will this be a constant thing kinda like in SA2 and Secret Rings, or is he just there to be there (The rabbits are getting the same treatment, but its pretty obvious why)

3. Could it be possible that we'll get a universe arc that ties in with Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. I mean really that little blip with Knuckles could have referenced it if they are in fact trying to enter the Twilight Cage, plus if it does happen, we may even get to have Emerl (If the Nocturnus clan were to enter Sonic's he could be a gizoid that was left behind, but reactivated by Eggman/Tails) worked into the comics, with the possibility of a Sonic Battle arc <3~

4. What happened to Vector and Espio?

5. And wouldn't Dimitri have been killed in the blast from the Battlebird Armada's ship, or is he somewhere else?

Okay, so I just read issue 232 and SU #35 and I have a couple of questions/theories

5. And wouldn't Dimitri have been killed in the blast from the Battlebird Armada's ship, or is he somewhere else?

Dimitri is clearly on Angel Island right now, as you can see in #232 itself. Read the sidestory from #221-222.

4. What happened to Vector and Espio?

]The...same thing that happened to Mighty and Charmy...?

...CC14, you can post the spoilers now the preview is out, right? I need to know the context for Cero's question! D:

Edit: Okay, so sniffing around on BK, what I hear is that Julie-Su mentions Mighty and Ray and their status.

Saffron and Charmy still aren't accounted for though, so it sounds like they're still based elsewhere on Angel Island, maybe. Unless I'm still missing something.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Charmy is on Angel Island with Knuckles and Julie-Su. It's unknown where Vector, Espio and Saffron are at.

Mighty and Ray do however appear in the off-panel wondering how everyone is doing, through that might not be too relevent.

Okay, since the preview pages have been posted, I guess it's summary time!

1.The issue starts where the last one left off with Amy and Sonic noticing that the cheering isn't for them and Naugus flaunting himself as the people's savior.

2.Naugus confronts Elias.

3."The people have spoken, boy. You heard my claim to the crown. Pass it to me."

4."You SERVED the two generations of Acorns kings before me. I won't be the one to give it up to you now."

5.Naugus continues to try and sway him when Sonic interrupts their argument.

6."No no NO! Have you lost your MINDS?! Naugus is the BAD GUY!"

7.Geoffrey yells out from the crowd of citizens.

8."We can choose the Council! We should choose our King, too!"

9.The crowd yells in agreement.

10."You want to shake things up when the DEATH EGG is flying around?! You REALLY want to do this when Sally's been roboticized!"

11.This news shocks Elias.

12.Back in the crowd, the citizens are in a state of panic over this news. Geoffrey is also conflicted over it.

13."Focus, Geoff, focus. Settle this first, then you worry about saving her..."

14.Elias grabs Sonic's shoulders in shock.

15."What do you mean "roboticized"? That technology isn't supposed to WORK anymore!"

16."I'm...I'm sorry, Elias. I don't know what to tell you."

17.Sonic explains Eggman's recent plan and the events of Genesis, which causes Naugus to realize something.

18."That white-out was the Doctor's doing? So he's the reason I hear..."

19.He's interrupted by the three Ixis Wizards in his head.

20."Us? Yes."

21."That body will be ours again..."

22."Quiet, all of you! Let him seize upon this opportunity!"

23.Naugus is confused.

24."Opportunity?"

25."You want the young King's crown. You've proven to be more powerful, but now you can make him look weaker still..."

26.While Naugus is conversing with the Wizard, Sonic is still explaining things to Elias, Elias becoming more worried and shocked by the second.

27."...And both planes are down."

28."And you said the defenses were too much. We...need another way onto..."

29.Naugus grows a wicked smile on his face.

30."Yes...YESSSS..."

31.He addresses the crowd.

32."My dear Mobians! In these dire times, do you want a King who is distracted by loss and heart-break? The poor wretch..."

33.Sonic gets angry.

34."Do you have ANY class?!"

35."Or do you want a man who, by Elias' own admission, has lived only to serve the Kingdom with all his power? Who you KNOW can protect you?"

36.Geoffrey jumps from the crowd and snatches Elias' crown.

37."The people have spoken!"

38.He places the crown on Naugus' head.

39."They want the TRUE King of Mobotropolis. Hail to our protector!"

40.The crowd cheers and Sonic confronts Geoffrey.

41."You don't care at ALL about Sally? About betraying everything she ever lived for?"

42."I have my mission to complete, mate. I can't let all I've lost distract me."

43."Oh, yeah, Stinky. You're a REAL hero."

44."Grow up."

45.Amy addresses the crowd.

46."What about Bunnie? Naugus' magic crystallized half her body!"

47."A minor mistake in the heat of battle. Where is she now?"

48."The hospital. But you--"

49."TO THE HOSPITAL!"

50.Naugus and the crowd depart for the hospital.

51.Elias comes to his senses and asks Sonic to see to Bunnie at the hospital while he settles other business at the castle.

52."Leave it to your number one Hedgehog, Kingy."

53.Sonic runs off to catch up to the crowd. (He also carries Amy off with him, which, needless to say, she has no qualms with.)

54."I'll set this right. But...what do I tell Mother and Father first? HOW do I tell them?"

55.At the hospital, Naugus, Sonic, and Geoff arrive in Bunnie's room.

56."Yer gonna turn me back to normal...right?"

57."Of course."

58.Antoine, however, isn't having any of it.

59."NON! He is NOT King! He will NOT touch her! I will NOT allow it!"

60.Dr. Quack holds him back.

61."Medicine can't help her now. I don't like it either, but we NEED his brand of hocus-pocus."

62.Sonic asks Nicole to open the hospital walls so the crowd can see Naugus' sure to be failed attempt to cure Bunnie, but he doesn't get any answer.

63.The walls suddenly open with naught a word from Nicole.

64.Naugus uses his wand on Bunnie which causes a flash of purple light.

65.When the light clears, Bunnie is shocked to see that not only is she back to normal, but she's been deroboticized!

66.Naugus and Geoffrey are confused.

67."How did...?"

68."You MEANT to do that. Totally intentional."

69.Naugus takes this moment to ham it up to the watching crowd.

70."Behold! Your new King rewards the noble heroes of New Mobotropolis for all their bravery!"

71.Sonic is amazed by this development.

72."I don't believe it..."

73.Geoffrey comments on Sonic's idea to open the walls.

74."Thanks for setting that up for me. Couldn't have done it better myself."

75."All right, so that idea backfired. At least Bunnie got something out of it."

76.Sonic leaves the room and walks down the hospital halls.

77.Amy and Tails approach him and ask what to do now about Sally.

78.Sonic says that he has an idea and tells them to fill in the Council on the recent happenings.

79."I'll handle the rescue plan."

80.Sonic dashes off before Tails and Amy can remind him that he was the one on the Death Egg and that they don't know all the details.

81.Sonic arrives at Freedom HQ and asks Nicole to patch him through to Knuckles and reminds her that the city still needs some repairs.

82.Nicole is silent.

83."Nicole? You in there?"

84.The screen turns on and Nicole's thoughts appear in text on the screen.

85."I am here. I was in the hand-held on the Death Egg. That was my original body. It's gone now. I was there when Sally sacrified herself. Sally was my best friend. She's gone now."

86.Sonic stares sadly at the screen.

87."Listen, I'm going to get Sally back. But I need you to get in touch with Knuckles to do that. Tell him to open a warp ring to Freedom HQ, okay? Can you at least talk to me? Don't hide behind text. C'mon, Nicole, say some--"

88.A Warp Ring appears.

89."Er...thanks. Look, we'll talk when I get back, okay? Nicole? We'll talk."

90.Sonic enters the Warp Ring and arrives at Angel Island. He is greeted by Knuckles, Julie-Su, and Charmy.

91."There he is. Am I done playing operator now?"

92."Sure. Thanks, 'Su."

93."Just the Echidnas I wanted to see! Dude, I need a Warp Ring!"

94.Knuckles reveals that Mighty and Ray took one Warp Ring and Sonic just stepped through their spare.

95.He asks Sonic what this is all about and Sonic explains the recent events.

96."YOU LET HER GET ROBOTICIZED...AND THEN YOU LET EGGMAN GET AWAY WITH HER?!"

97."Yeah, Genius, I just LET it happen!"

98."And WHEN were you going to tell US about the Death Egg?!"

99."You're on a FLYING ISLAND! You'd see it coming!"

100.Julie-Su tries to calm Knuckles down.

101."Look, just loan me the Warp Ring so I can hop over, find Sally, and bring her back safely."

102."No way! That's a bad idea. One--You have to know exactly where you're going to use it! Two--If he hid a whole Death Egg from you, then who knows what else he's got hidden in there? And Three--If you bungle this, Eggman could get the Warp Ring and use it against us!"

103."What do you mean, it's--?! It would totally--! YOU'RE a bad idea! If this was about finding all your ancestors, you'd be all for it!"

104.Julie-Su butts in.

105."You think it's so simple?! For one thing, we were told what happened to the brotherhood! So we tried to use a Warp Ring to rescue them, but even though we knew where to go, it wouldn't transport us. Dr. Finitevus invented them, so he must have some special way of getting them to work between zones. Even if it had worked, we'd have no idea what dangers were on the other side. That was my point then, and it still applies now."

106."So it looks like we BOTH have to be patient until the opportunity arises."

107."Forget it. I'll figure something else out."

108.Sonic leaves.

109.Julie-Su says that she knows of Knuckles' past with Sally and offers to talk with him about it, but he turns her down.

110."Contact the others. We need to put the whole island on guard."

111.Charmy is a bit confused.

112."Is Sonic not our friend anymore...?"

113.Back at Freedom HQ, Sonic steps out of the Warp Ring to be greeted by Tails, who tells him that Antoine just arrested Geoffrey for treason.

114."Really?! That's the first bit of good news all day!"

115.Cut to the Death Egg, where Eggman is making some adjustments to Mecha Sally.

116.Snively enters the room and gives him the damage report, but he simply ignores him and continues work on Mecha Sally.

117."--You're not listening to a word I'm saying, are you?"

118."What? Can't you see I'm busy?"

119."We're underpowered and barely flying! It's a miracle we haven't crashed yet, and you're busy working on ONE robot!"

120.Eggman confronts him.

121."The Egg Mites will handle the repairs..."

122.He slaps the damage report out of Snively's hands.

123."...The Chaos Emerald WILL be found and I had a network of refueling depots prepared well BEFORE I thought of using the Emerald!"

124.He turns around and smiles.

125."So relax. Now get out and let me work!"

126."FINE! If you're going to distract yourself like this, I'll take full advantage of the situation!" (To be continued in SU 37!)

127.Snively leaves.

128.Eggman continues analyzing Mecha Sally.

129."Oh, little princess! You used to be such a problem for me! You organized that little group of children and managed to upset everything for YEARS. Sonic was your W.M.D., but YOU aimed him. You may have saved half of Mobius from me, but you exposed the heart of the Freedom Fighters."

130.He activates a blowtorch.

131."And I plan to make the most of that!"

132.The main story ends.

133.In the back-up story, Antoine finds Bunnie looking at a sunset and she tells him that she's always dreamed of being flesh and blood again, but now she's grounded and unable to be of any use to the Freedom Fighters.

134.Antoine says that he himself doesn't have any special powers and still does his part.

135."Yes, o'course, but...but now, I feel so weak, so fragile. Compared to how I used t' be, I just don't know if I'm strong enough.

136."You? Not strong enough? You MUST be joking. It was not ze metal that made you strong, Bunnie. It never was. It was you all along. It was always you. You will find a way to contribute, to fight, and you will be magnificent."

137.The two hug.

138."I s'pose you're right, darlin. Ya'll ain't getting rid o' me that easily. What'd a girl like me do to deserve a fella like you, anyway?"

139."Zat sounds more like my girl! After all, Ma Cherie, as long as we're together, everything will be fine."

140.The issue ends.

141.Mighty and Ray make their first appearance in a long while in the Off-Panel.

Although I have mixed feeling about Bunnie being deroboticised and hope it doesn't last, that scene with Antoine and Bunnie at the end is undeniably adorably sweet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can anyone sense and say "Sonic's possibly having a prophetic dream like he did in a certain webcomic. Just saying rolleyes.gif

Edited by bwrosas

Can anyone sense and say "Sonic's possibly having a prophetic dream like he did in a certain webcomic. Just saying rolleyes.gif

What would be the problem with that, exactly?

What would be the problem with that, exactly?

Well some might feel cheated, and that it would be a cop out on Ian's part (no disrespect), because he's building this road to 250 up so much and hyped 225, Genesis and 230 and 231, that it would be all for not in some people's eyes and HUGE slap in the fan's faces

Edited by bwrosas

I just what other's think of Ian having Eggman working on Sally? That's really going downhill in the eyes of some, which may prove that this is either a dream Sonic's having or time travel may come in to play soon, if you catch my drift

The same place Ken Penders found his legal team.

I admit it. I got a chuckle out of this.

Also, what the heck is with comparing everything Ian writes to Other-M? None of these ideas are exclusive to his old comic. Particularly the whole "All a dream" thing (I've never read Other-M. Don't plan on it.). Seriously: http://tvtropes.org/...n/AllJustADream It's really common in general as a plot point. Or a cop-out. Whatever.

Before anyone points out that he used Other-M-esque characters in the Dark Mobius SU arc, remember that he had their souls ripped out. Basically. He only brought them in to kill them. Killing your own character (or one you really love) is never easy. Just something to remember.

People LOVE to be nitpicky and to make up silly excuses to everything.

So you know, same old crap we been hearing come out of fans mouths for a long while now.